CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingofnerf
TAFC 5 1981
GH
markp_vip
SouthCGC
Goofyboy
Badazcock
WeStillOwnUSC
No Curse
Kuhn
SOS is pissed (10871)
So, Dylan Thompson? (4613)
Confused fan here. (3066)
Is anybody still opt (2942)
Here's a terrifying (2184)
Predict the Season ( (1951)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (1409)
whats up with Mike? (1360)
A fans guide. 5 step (1115)
How were the Aggie f (1017)
Predict the Season (After
Confused fan here. Why i
So, Dylan Thompson?
My outside view
Priority #1: Teach Tackli
Heck of an atmosphere
Jimmies and Joes
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Well, there's still women
SOS is pissed

Old 04-27-2014, 01:06 AM   #21
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: ESPN article on Clowney - Superman or Lazy?

The trade-up I earlier imagined by the Falcons could be in the works. Might be a deal for the Texans maybe getting a 5 and an extra second round 5 plus more if they want to draft a QB and see 3 that might fill their need. I still think the texans would do best to get JD and be just vicious up front.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:30 AM   #22
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Yeah I was agreeing with the post up until that point.
I mean, he does know that Robinson and Mack are black, right?
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #23
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I still think the texans would do best to get JD and be just vicious up front.
Agree and see if one of their roster QBs can be their guy. I really think this is a tough decision for Houston...but JD is a lower risk than taking a QB in the 1st. There are no "can't miss" QBs in the 1st rd.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #24
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

If Houston takes any Qb with their pick I think they are fools. Even if one of them work out it is a huge gamble.

I would understand them taking Mack because he is more of a 3/4 type player but JD is going to be better than really good I think. Can't wait to see him going after NFL qbs.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #25
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Can't wait to see him going after NFL qbs.
He will elevate his game and make his critics move on to their next target.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #26
gcockwilliam
4-Star

Male

gcockwilliam has hatched from the shell

I just hope he doesnt go to the falcons. Because I would be rooting against him. And as I said before that team has drama and uses players instead of mentality to try to beat their biggest rival. Also they have a qb named Matt Ryan.
gcockwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:45 AM   #27
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
The article was pretty good and seemed to be very fair but day-um! The comments are brutal towards Clowney.

Why all the Clowney hate? He's a 21 year old kid and there is some serious vitriol from people.
This "Clowney Hate" thing may have began vs UNC where media hype met up with the real world and put Clowney in a situation that even his great talent could not overcome.
TV cameras were trained on him even when the play was on the far side of the field from him. Normally he never pursued plays beyond a certain distance. He played the game the way he knew how to play. Why waste energy running after a RB 25 yards away when the defense already had 5 other defenders within 5 yards of the RB?

Here is where excessive media attention FORCED him to change his style of play because if he didn't pursue distant plays at full speed he would be labeled "LAZY". If he did pursue plays not in his part of the field he would waste too much energy and get dehydrated and winded.

It's easy to say Clowney should have ignored the media's expectations a of him and stuck to his own proven way of playing as long as you're not the one being insulted on national tv. Instead of being allowed to "trail" a play at half speed as lineman are trained to do" he was forced to run full speed simply to appease the name callers. On a day when it was 100 degrees and muggy Clowney had to learn another way to play football. It reminded me of gold touraments where Tiger Woods wasn't even playing that weekend yet all you heard was announcers talking about Tiger.

Last edited by ZenUSC; 05-02-2014 at 12:57 AM.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #28
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
This "Clowney Hate" thing may have began vs UNC where media hype met up with the real world and put Clowney in a situation that even his great talent could not overcome.
TV cameras were trained on him even when the play was on the far side of the field from him. Normally he never pursued plays beyond a certain distance. He played the game the way he knew how to play. Why waste energy running after a RB 25 yards away when the defense already had 5 other defenders within 5 yards of the RB?

Here is where excessive media attention FORCED him to change his style of play because if he didn't pursue distant plays at full speed he would be labeled "LAZY". If he did pursue plays not in his part of the field he would waste too much energy and get dehydrated and winded.

It's easy to say Clowney should have ignored the media's expectations of him as long as you're not the one being insulted on national tv.
so.... Don't hustle, or risk dehydration and being winded? Good luck playing a HUNH offense this year with that mentality.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #29
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
so.... Don't hustle, or risk dehydration and being winded? Good luck playing a HUNH offense this year with that mentality.
Go ahead and flame me. Go ahead and distort what I meant because that is the type of person you are but after you do that you need to tell us what is the real reason behind the Clowney hate thing.

BTW I just put you on IGNORE.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:41 AM   #30
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Go ahead and flame me. Go ahead and distort what I meant because that is the type of person you are but after you do that you need to tell us what is the real reason behind the Clowney hate thing.

BTW I just put you on IGNORE.
How did I distort that? I used your own words. *facepalm

You're always supposed to hustle, you never know what might happen.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:59 AM   #31
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

UNC's BS offense ran Clowney down for sure, but I saw several guys out there winded from facing that crappy hurry up crap they ran.

What really fazed Clowney in that game was the BS chop block their guard pulled on Clowney in the 4th quarter. The punk tried to blow his knee out. I know that was in his head the rest of the year...the guy had probably the biggest target on his back of any player coming into last year after decapitating V. Smith.

All this doubt and false info on Clowney is just going to fuel him to get ready for a great rookie season. I look forward to JD being the face of Gamecock football in the NFL for years to come.