CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
ZenUSC
We Have to Pass (2245)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1673)
Spurrier weekly pres (1492)
This would be awesom (986)
How is Shaq Davidson (812)
McConaughey cast as (583)
Perspective on our g (560)
SEC referees? (427)
Currently 2nd in att (408)
Defense and offense (379)
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
How is Shaq Davidson's re
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51
Default Hog Hunting Advice

I have a nephew who wants to do some hunting, and the most accessible form of hunting he can partake in is hog hunting...I am well aware of the legal status of hogs as it concerns harvesting an animal, as I am aware of the danger of killing one...I am simply asking for anyone and everyone's advice on how best to go about this....Here are the relevant facts of my situation.

1. My nephew is old enough to hunt.

2. We have no elevated blind and do not own or have access to at least 2 deer stands to sit in.

3. He does have a high powered rifle (30-06) with a scope that he has sighted in.

4. I have googled various attractants for wild hogs, but was wondering what you all think works best for the hogs we have here in South Carolina.

5. In regards to my nephews safety....That is my highest priority, and I will likely have access to a .45acp handgun to make sure the animal is properly dispatched and of no threat as well as a high powered rifle (.243) both owned by someone who is an excellent shot, if the need arises.

6. We have access to some private property where the owner has traps set out, but has yet to catch anything....Should the traps be removed?

As it relates to concealment, could you camouflage a truck and shoot from the bed of the truck, or with a high powered rifle is that a bad idea (break the trucks windows.)

Essentially, any and all advice is welcomed.

Gapo