CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Gamecocks1137
Bed Sores
mpilot0705
Aggie96
Spurticus
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
AtlGAMECOCK
spareparts
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1668)
The Field (1628)
I hope Coach Spurrie (1268)
Spurrier winning at (1169)
Anyone watching pti (1017)
One of the great thi (996)
GAME (907)
Defensive Backfield (895)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (755)
Death in the family (721)
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS ?
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Conflict with Aggies on t
The Field
GAME
Toughest stadium in the n
I hope Coach Spurrier get
mike Davis comparison
"We Believe" st
Finbaum Jogs on USC campu

Old 04-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #41
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Lorenzo Nunez

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlgamecockman View Post
Always good, but there is so much time before he decides, I mean SO MUCH time that I won't even think about him until next January.
I thought he was deciding sometime soon? I thought I read somewhere it was going to be after his spring practice or before the summer.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:36 AM   #42
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
Dont like this guy. Hope we pass on him tbh.
there's been some talk of moving him to WR if he doesn't make it as a QB.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #43
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

There are times when the guy's throwing motion reminds me of Philip Rivers and David Carr when they were in college, and they both did okay. He's obviously a LOT more mobile than either of those guys, but I think the mechanics of his throws are comparable.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #44
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He's a cant lose guy. I personally think he will be a productive qb for us. He will be behind Mitch so mangus and HBC will have time to work him into our system. Hope we seal the deal soon here.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #45
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Honestly thats what i thought would happen if we get him.
TonyVercetti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #46
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

You don't like those mobile guys do you tony? You have to admit though that the guy has a cannon for an arm.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #47
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
Honestly thats what i thought would happen if we get him.
very well could be correct, but I think the coaches will give him a legitimate shot at QB first....I'm sure they are recruiting him as a QB. I'm worried about him picking NC State. They have a much more favorable depth chart than us.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #48
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
very well could be correct, but I think the coaches will give him a legitimate shot at QB first....I'm sure they are recruiting him as a QB. I'm worried about him picking NC State. They have a much more favorable depth chart than us.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but if he wants a legit shot at playing QB then Spurrier for sure is the way to go. He'll pull a starter quick and the job is usually given to a guy from quarter to quarter. Unlike most schools where they pick a guy preseason and unless injury he's who they stay with.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #49
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you, but if he wants a legit shot at playing QB then Spurrier for sure is the way to go. He'll pull a starter quick and the job is usually given to a guy from quarter to quarter. Unlike most schools where they pick a guy preseason and unless injury he's who they stay with.
I don't remember SOS pulling Shaw when he wasn't having a good game.
NC State gives him an opportunity to be the starter sooner than us.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #50
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't remember SOS pulling Shaw when he wasn't having a good game.
NC State gives him an opportunity to be the starter sooner than us.
In fairness, Shaw really only struggled early on in his career as a starter, and at that time Thompson was not ready to really take over. Shaw for a short time was our only real option, and then he was the obvious best choice for us to ride with in most circumstances. Historically, his point about SOS yanking a starter is very true. I do think Shaw may have mellowed him on that tendency, though.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #51
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
In fairness, Shaw really only struggled early on in his career as a starter, and at that time Thompson was not ready to really take over. Shaw for a short time was our only real option, and then he was the obvious best choice for us to ride with in most circumstances. Historically, his point about SOS yanking a starter is very true. I do think Shaw may have mellowed him on that tendency, though.
I think the SOS that used to yank QB's is long gone.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #52
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Tbs has an update
Old 04-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #53
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Tbs has an update
judging by the interwebs looks like hes down to a final 3 of NC state, OSU and us...with SC having the edge right now. Decision should come soon.
FearThethumbandDJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #54
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

NC state fans seem pretty confident they have a shot....id be dumbfounded if he snubbed us for them.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #55
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

You would think he would look at us and UNC and see how successful we've been the past few years with a dual-threat guy. Hope we get him!

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #56
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

According to TBS our coaches feel pretty confident. Hope we get him. It would be nice to haul in a top 100 player.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #57
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
According to TBS our coaches feel pretty confident. Hope we get him. It would be nice to haul in a top 100 player.
Don't worry, his ranking will drop like a rock as soon as he commits to us, like clockwork.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #58
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

also were trending hard on 247
Old 04-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #59
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
also were trending hard on 247
14 of 17 are picking us. He had a visit at NC State this past weekend and really liked it.
If he picks NCS over us, it will be because he thinks he'll see the field sooner with them. I'm certain he is aware that NC State hasn't been that good lately and we have been ranked in the top 10 the last 3 years. It's all about early pt. Everyone has different reasons why they chose the school they do.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #60
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Quote:
14 of 17 are picking us. He had a visit at NC State this past weekend and really liked it.
If he picks NCS over us, it will be because he thinks he'll see the field sooner with them. I'm certain he is aware that NC State hasn't been that good lately and we have been ranked in the top 10 the last 3 years. It's all about early pt. Everyone has different reasons why they chose the school they do.
i dont know how you could be impressed with that campus they have that tunnel with profanity written all over it and call it art. Mediocre fan base with a mediocre team.....the only thing i can think of is they are telling him they can make him Russell Wilson.