CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
GH
StormOfTalons
ut_vols13
conwaycock2
garnet_black215
Gamecock football Lo (2135)
Mike Davis "dou (1846)
Gamecocks D staff re (1262)
The Demise of the 3- (1049)
who thinks we need a (960)
Pirate Depth Chart (914)
Past SEC Champions w (659)
Reginald Bowens (629)
Why didn't Wes Green (530)
Eastern Michigan's C (344)
East Carolina Prediction
New app: South Carolina G
Past SEC Champions who ha
Did we ever go after Kenn
Connor Shaw Browns
Eastern Michigan's Concre
Playstation 4
SOS Teleconference
The Demise of the 3-4
What's your take on our a

Old 04-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #141
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit
Default Re: X1 launch...anybody else grab theirs yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
read that the other day...some leaps made in the article, but if it does come to pass, it's not a good thing for gamers. i don't expect there to be any long, drawn out production delays...at least not before there is a price drop. still, you don't like to see this. competition is always a good thing...it means gamers win.
There's two trains of thought for this really. Some say the competition keeps prices reasonable which actually it's the consumer that keeps prices low. A monopoly can still out-price itself to the point where no one will purchase it. But then there is the R&D side. Is it good to have two concentrations of development or everyone concentrated into a single product?

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #142
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
There's two trains of thought for this really. Some say the competition keeps prices reasonable which actually it's the consumer that keeps prices low. A monopoly can still out-price itself to the point where no one will purchase it. But then there is the R&D side. Is it good to have two concentrations of development or everyone concentrated into a single product?

competing systems is a good thing. choice FTW.

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #143
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
it's a great system...lot of cool features and some really good exclusives right now (probably the best selection overall, until mlb the show drops next week).

- the UI is awesome. slick interface and user friendly. if you've seen the windows tab system, it's pretty much the same thing. pretty easy to navigate.

- you can customize your "home page" as well...pinning games/apps, moving them around in any order, etc.

- one of the coolest things UI-related is being able to seamlessly jump between screens without losing your game progress (it essentially gets paused). also, some games will run in the background, meaning even after shutting the console off overnight, it will insta-boot that game (madden, for instance). and most apps will allow you to run them WHILE running your game, without ever losing progress. see below...

- trying to find that easter egg in battlefield? fire the game up, go into the map you're looking for, snap back to the home screen and start youtube, watch the tutorial video, and snap right back into your game. really helpful. great feature.

- if you liked the 360 controller, you'll love the x1 controller...just a better version of the best controller out there (IMO).

- kinect has some cool features...being able to simply say "xbox, record that" to capture gameplay without ever having to take your hands off the buttons/gameplay is pretty nice. turning on the console with voice as soon as you walk in a room and being recognized and signed in automatically while the system is booting to the home screen is cool. also, navigating programs with voice commands works pretty well...for instance, if i'm just going to watch netflix, i don't even have to pick up the controller...you can turn on the x1, sign in, and navigate netflix with voice-only-controls.

- some really good exclusives out there: dead rising 3, forza 5, plants vs. zombies: garden warfare, titanfall, ryse, and killer instinct. there are also some xbox live arcade games and kinect games, if either of those are your thing.

- oh, and the headset is nice. crystal clear HD quality sound.

- the snap feature is nice, and will probably be fleshed out even more in future updates.

good luck.
Thanks for the info. I have always been a xbox guy but it is nice to hear from someone who actually owns the system not some blog or article that you never know the angle of.
Looking forward to Titanfall, Fifa14, Madden etc. My kids will enjoy the kinect though I fought getting it for my 360 :)
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #144
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
Thanks for the info. I have always been a xbox guy but it is nice to hear from someone who actually owns the system not some blog or article that you never know the angle of.
Looking forward to Titanfall, Fifa14, Madden etc. My kids will enjoy the kinect though I fought getting it for my 360 :)
i've heard fifa is good, but i haven't played it.

titanfall is great.

madden is ok...not a HUGE leap in graphics IMO, but you'll definitely notice the increased frame rate at first...it plays smoother. if you're into MUT, i wouldn't get your hopes up for this year's game though. the auction house is pretty dead on the x1.

if you're into bball at all, i highly recommend nba 2k14. it's fantastic. and absolutely beautiful. buddy of mine who wouldn't normally be caught dead playing a bball game got it...now, that's pretty much all he plays.

stay far, far away from nba live. it's an abortion.

as for kinect games, i've heard good things about zoo tycoon, but i haven't played it. kinect sports rivals is supposed to be really fun too.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #145
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:

titanfall is great.

madden is ok...not a HUGE leap in graphics IMO, but you'll definitely notice the increased frame rate at first...it plays smoother. if you're into MUT, i wouldn't get your hopes up for this year's game though. the auction house is pretty dead on the x1.

if you're into bball at all, i highly recommend nba 2k14. it's fantastic. and absolutely beautiful. buddy of mine who wouldn't normally be caught dead playing a bball game got it...now, that's pretty much all he plays.

as for kinect games, i've heard good things about zoo tycoon, but i haven't played it. kinect sports rivals is supposed to be really fun too.
Don't know if Microsoft would make a deal with this company, but saw on Mindblow Vsauce2 on Youtube where someone took this treadmill, and used a modded XB1/Kinect to walk in a couple of FPS games.

Virtuix Omni VR treadmill
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/new...oCKYpqG0o89a2M
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #146
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:

titanfall is great.

I really want to get one, but also feel like with all the negativity surrounding MS and the One price drops are coming and if things get really bad MS may leave the console race. Hopefully not!
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #147
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
I really want to get one, but also feel like with all the negativity surrounding MS and the One price drops are coming and if things get really bad MS may leave the console race. Hopefully not!
Just get what you want. Even if MS ever sold the Xbox logo there would still be support for a few years. It wouldn't just stop abruptly. The only big issue that could arise is developer loyalty and concentration. Rumors are MS is entertaining the idea of selling the Xbox and that several companies are interested. So you should be safe.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #148
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:

Don't worry it usually takes a couple of console generations for a console to go out. I thought Nintendo would be gone by now, but they have a huge market in Japan, and the DS is helping them stay up.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:21 PM   #149
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Just get what you want. Even if MS ever sold the Xbox logo there would still be support for a few years. It wouldn't just stop abruptly. The only big issue that could arise is developer loyalty and concentration. Rumors are MS is entertaining the idea of selling the Xbox and that several companies are interested. So you should be safe.
If for some reason this did happen, Would be awesome if Atari/Sega would take over to see the old schoolers back in the console market.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #150
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

those rumors are denied by MS...which, i guess they would be. i don't put much stock in them. besides, like you said, who gives a shit? if it happens, it happens...the product and support will still be there.

agree with your first statement completely though...get what you want.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #151
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
most of the "negativity surrounding MS" is of the fanboi variety. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

as for price drops, get the titanfall bundle...that's a $65 price drop right there.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:39 AM   #152
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Microsoft shot themselves in the foot this gen. Sony owning the market is bad for gamers....i don't care how you look at it.