CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
mpilot0705
U-Dub Gamecock
catdaddy66
Storm Of Spurs
gamecockgal
talkincock
doubledribble
For Discussing The C (2954)
Drew Owens missing? (2385)
Question about after (2056)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1307)
Shaq Roland (1246)
clemson game time: N (735)
FishFry 47-yarder (724)
How about this scena (570)
Clemson fan here (456)
Tenn-Mizzou game (442)
Fly_over tomorrow?
Big George Statue
For Discussing The Clemso
Question about after the
How about this scenario
Winston
Predict nonconference win
Dylan Thompson surpasses
what I think ab ward
UFC Fight Night 57: Frank

Old 04-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #61
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Lorenzo Nunez

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
i dont know how you could be impressed with that campus they have that tunnel with profanity written all over it and call it art. Mediocre fan base with a mediocre team.....the only thing i can think of is they are telling him they can make him Russell Wilson.
...So he will redshirt, have one good season, and then transfer?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #62
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

I'm not sure of Wilson's "years", but I know we played him twice and beat him both times. He then graduated NCS and took off up north.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #63
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talons

What year is the QB (Brissett) who transferred from Florida to NC State?

Hes their QB in 2014 correct?
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #64
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
What year is the QB (Brissett) who transferred from Florida to NC State?

Hes their QB in 2014 correct?
RS junior......yes probably.

There are currently 2 RS juniors, 1 sophomore and 1 in the 2014 class 3*
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #65
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Nc state just got a similar qb last year Jalan McClendon. Who btw showed out in my opinion in the nc sc shrine game.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #66
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
i dont know how you could be impressed with that campus they have that tunnel with profanity written all over it and call it art. Mediocre fan base with a mediocre team.....the only thing i can think of is they are telling him they can make him Russell Wilson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGCfan View Post
...So he will redshirt, have one good season, and then transfer?

plus he got the sh*t knocked out of him for 2 years by SC.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #67
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

I don't see how espn doesn't realize how much they suck at recruiting.

This kid is a perfect example of that. Everyone else has him at a low 90's ranking and in the middle of the top 10 for his position. Espn has him as 16th best dtqb and only a 79 ranking. And we're not even in his top 10 according to them.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #68
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs04 View Post

This kid is a perfect example of that. Everyone else has him at a low 90's ranking and in the middle of the top 10 for his position. Espn has him as 16th best dtqb and only a 79 ranking. And we're not even in his top 10 according to them.
ESPN do their grading different from 24/7sports. An 80 grade for ESPN is the same as a 90-grade for 247sports, and is needed for both to give a 4th star. So 247sports has Nunez as a low 4*, while ESPN has him as a high 3*. Not that big of a difference. It's all subjective opinion....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #69
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

Actually, his coach made one of the dumbest decisions in college football that year. Wilson played baseball and the coach gave the qb job to another kid because of Wilson's choice. NC St. had a bad year. Wilson led Wisconsin to a great year and the NC St. coach was fired after the season.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #70
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
ESPN do their grading different from 24/7sports. An 80 grade for ESPN is the same as a 90-grade for 247sports, and is needed for both to give a 4th star. So 247sports has Nunez as a low 4*, while ESPN has him as a high 3*. Not that big of a difference. It's all subjective opinion....
On 24/7 he has almost a 92 rating on espn its a 79. The way they do that part might be different but everywhere else also has him as a mid top 10 QB. Espn has him down at 16.

Quite a big difference I think.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #71
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs04 View Post

ESPN is looking for ratings.They are always going to promote the big name programs first.
It creates more viewership.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #72
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Nc state just got a similar qb last year Jalan McClendon. Who btw showed out in my opinion in the nc sc shrine game.
He was the one I mentioned in my post above.....3* in the 2014 class.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #73
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Really hope we land this guy, he seems to really want to be here.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #74
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Really hope we land this guy, he seems to really want to be here.
But NC State has the more favorable depth chart.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #75
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
But NC State has the more favorable depth chart.
this is very true. I can see this being the reason he goes there instead of SC. He's a good talent and would likely see PT quickly. Whereas we are a bit backed up in the QB position (not complaining at all).
Old 05-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #76
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
QB Lorenzo Nunez of Kennesaw, GA is pointing towards a decision in a couple of weeks during his spring practice and is considering USC, NC State, Ohio State, Tennessee and Miami as he works on making the final call.
Nunez visited NC State last weekend in what was his final visit before the decision. He talks weekly with USC recruiter GA Mangus. Mangus visited the school last Monday and Nunez is expecting him at his spring practice next Monday or Tuesday. Nunez sees a few positives for him with the Gamecocks.
“The offense fits me right and I like the campus and the atmosphere,” said Nunez adding that he doesn’t have a leader at this point among his final five but that NC State has recruited him the hardest.
As he considers his options, Nunez said there are few factors he’s weighing.
“The relationship between me and the coaching staff,” he said. “The school and the environment outside of school since you’re not going to be there the whole time. And the students that you came with and the education.”
Nunez passed for 1148 yards and 5 touchdowns and rushed for 786 yards and 7 touchdowns last season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-the-decision/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #77
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC has missed out on one of it’s top quarterback targets for 2015 in Brandon Wimbush of Jersey City, NJ. He announced today that he is down to Penn State, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Miami and Boston College and will disclose his choice Tuesday night.
The Gamecocks other top quarterback target for 2015, Lorenzo Nunez of Kennesaw, GA, said tonight he plans to make his decision Thursday or Friday of this week. He is down to USC, NC State and Ohio State and all three are in still in it despite reports of this being a Gamecock-Wolfpack battle.
“It’s not just the two, that’s not tr
ue, I like all three,” Nunez said. “I know NC State and South Carolina both have a lot of interest in me. And Ohio State has a lot of interest in me.” Nunez added he still has Miami and Tennessee on his mind but they trail the other three schools.
USC recruiter GA Mangus plans to visit Nunez Thursday or Friday of this week. The two talked on Sunday.
“He talked about how me he liked me and he told me he was coming down to visit by practices and watch me throw and run around.”
Mangus will need to be up with the chickens. Nunez said his team is practicing at 5:00 AM because the soccer team has the field in the afternoon. Nunez said he planned to talk with his recruiters from NC State and Ohio State Monday night.
As of Monday night, Nunez has not made his decision. “It’s very tight between the three,” he said. “Me and my dad talk about it constantly and we’ll keep talking about it the next few days.”
His plan for announcing his decision is to go on TV show produced within his school and then put the word out on Twitter. He said he’s pointing towards the end of this week though he knows he can delay things if he’s not able to make a decision by then.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ate-this-week/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #78
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

JC Shurburtt had some very detailed information tonight on Nunez and a number of other players. Long story short, after speaking with NC State people, SC coaches and Nunez family members, he and the SC people would be absolutely shocked if he doesn't pick Carolina and soon. The main reason is the family has a very good comfort level with Magnus and SOS. As some of you know, Wimbush picked PSU tonight. JC said he talked with a college coach who said Nunez and Wimbush were almost equal but Wimbush had a slightly better arm.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #79
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
JC Shurburtt had some very detailed information tonight on Nunez and a number of other players. Long story short, after speaking with NC State people, SC coaches and Nunez family members, he and the SC people would be absolutely shocked if he doesn't pick Carolina and soon. The main reason is the family has a very good comfort level with Magnus and SOS. As some of you know, Wimbush picked PSU tonight. JC said he talked with a college coach who said Nunez and Wimbush were almost equal but Wimbush had a slightly better arm.

FWIW, I had breakfast with a buddy in Kennesaw and he says that Lorenzo's family are really nice folks. He believes Lorenzo is a Gamecock. The sad thing is there was a lot of negative recruiting against us by both NC State and Ohio State, according to my buddy. One tried to tell him we are on probation and this would be spurrier's last year. I don't think we are on probation anymore. Spurrier ain't leaving anytime soon.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #80
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
FWIW, I had breakfast with a buddy in Kennesaw and he says that Lorenzo's family are really nice folks. He believes Lorenzo is a Gamecock. The sad thing is there was a lot of negative recruiting against us by both NC State and Ohio State, according to my buddy. One tried to tell him we are on probation and this would be spurrier's last year. I don't think we are on probation anymore. Spurrier ain't leaving anytime soon.
Just got off probation. Spurrier said he will be here as long as he wants to be here (rumor is he will stay through Connor Mitch's career)
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote