CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
bcolinc
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Latti
Travelin
B-G
gamecockgal
2014 Subway Classic: (1610)
Former Gamecock root (928)
Props to Eric Hyman. (799)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Franks boy's are pla (683)
Four USC Basketball (598)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (392)
Bowl packages (353)
Chance of my lifetim (224)
Kentucky is dominati (216)
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba
Former Gamecock rooting f
Kentucky is dominating UC
Decommitment from Texas A
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Franks boy's are playing
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp

Old 04-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Early Expectations for 2014, thoughts.

Spring ball has been over for almost half a month now, heading into the summer I am craving more Carolina Football, yet I know I have to wait.

Still, that doesn't mean we have to wait to speculate, and give our expectations for this years team, yardage predictions for players, and who will we beat and will we go to the SEC Title game.

So I am putting together our season schedule with what I think will be the outcome of games. You can chime in as well, would love to hear everyones opinion of our games, and who will be surprise teams this year.

Here are my predictions for the 2014 season.

1. Dylan Thompson passes for 3,000 yards, and has a 20+ Passing TD effort this year.

2. Mike Davis goes over 1200 yards rushing this year.

3. Roland and Byrd combine for 2000 yards receiving.

4. Elliot Fry will get even better and hit some 50 yard kicks this year.

5. Even without Clowney and Quarles, our D line will be dominate. (I credit this to the offenses not being able to scheme any particular player yet, because they don't know who to scheme for, so it becomes a free for all for the D line)

6. We have one All American LB in Skai Moore.

7. The young secondary improves big time halfway through our first game of the year. (A&M)

That was a breakdown of what I expect to happen with the team, now here are my game predictions.

1. Texas A&M (Carolina wins 27-17)
2. East Carolina (Carolina wins 44-10)
3. Georgia (Carolina wins 38-24)
4. Vandy (Carolina wins 52-7) *Their team collapses due to Franklin being gone.
5. Missouri (Carolina wins 34-28)
6. Kentucky (Carolina wins 55-20)
7. Furman (Carolina wins 77-10) Tie school record for points.
8. Auburn (Carolina wins in OT 31-28)
9. Tennessee (Carolina wins 35-21) Payback
10. Florida (Florida wins 28-24) Fluke Game, no SEC implications though.
11. South Alabama (Carolina wins 56-14)
12. Clemson (Carolina wins 44-21) Clemson lost more than they think.

SEC Championship Game *South Carolina vs Alabama (Carolina wins 31-20)

Whats your opinions?
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: Early Expectations for 2014, thoughts.

My opinion is that your opinion is very optimistic.

I think we'll go 10-2 again, lose to Auburn and someone else, who knows about the divisional race. I agree that Davis will get 1,000 yards, Thompson will be closer to 2,500 and Byrd/Roland won't come close to 2,000. Moore will be good but not All American. D-Line will be a big source of frustration for us this year. Secondary will be decent.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post

1. Dylan Thompson passes for 3,000 yards, and has a 20+ Passing TD effort this year.

5. Even without Clowney and Quarles, our D line will be dominate. (I credit this to the offenses not being able to scheme any particular player yet, because they don't know who to scheme for, so it becomes a free for all for the D line)

7. The young secondary improves big time halfway through our first game of the year. (A&M)
1. Questionable

2. Probable

3. Doubtful

4. Probable

5. Probable

6. Probable

7. Doubtful
Old 04-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPit

I HOPE you're right

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Very Optimistic... But I would take it...
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #6
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Three issues with "stats/awards" predictions:

Byrd/Roland will be good but will not combine for 2,000 since other WRs will be joining in on Dylan's (and Mitch's in clean up time) success

Small Fry may hit a 50 yarder...may..

The secondary will struggle until Mizzou comes calling then pulls it together for a "show out" 3 INT second half performance. They will carry that forward for the remainder of the season!!

Three game result issues:

Lose on the Plains (17-14)
Win at the Swamp (22-21) Small Fry nails a FG for the win!

SECCG: We ain't playing 'em in the Plains, revenge is sweet (28-10)!!

Bring on the playoffs!!!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #7
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Spring ball has been over for almost half a month now, heading into the summer I am craving more Carolina Football, yet I know I have to wait.

Still, that doesn't mean we have to wait to speculate, and give our expectations for this years team, yardage predictions for players, and who will we beat and will we go to the SEC Title game.

So I am putting together our season schedule with what I think will be the outcome of games. You can chime in as well, would love to hear everyones opinion of our games, and who will be surprise teams this year.

That was a breakdown of what I expect to happen with the team, now here are my game predictions.

Whats your opinions?
A bit optimistic there.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #8
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2178
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
A bit optimistic there.
Reminds me of someone else who posts here a lot.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #9
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:

Whats your opinions?

Life is a bowl of cherries when you're living on borrowed time.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:50 PM   #10
oasispirate
Walk On

Male

oasispirate has hatched from the shell

Quote:

Whats your opinions?

We aren't the 2nd worst team on your schedule, not even close. I expect a dogfight in Columbia, this isn't the team you saw two years ago that didn't have an identity.
oasispirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #11
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

1. Texas A&M (Carolina wins close at home)could easily lose
2. East Carolina (Carolina wins comfotably)
3. Georgia (Carolina wins comfotably at home)could easily lose
4. Vandy (Carolina wins close)
5. Missouri (Carolina wins close at home) could easily lose
6. Kentucky (Carolina wins comfotably)
7. Furman (Carolina wins blow out)
8. Auburn (Carolina losses)
9. Tennessee (Carolina wins close at home) Payback
10. Florida (Carolina loses) could easily win
11. South Alabama (Carolina wins comfotably)
12. Clemson (Carolina wins close)
Old 04-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #12
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasispirate View Post
We aren't the 2nd worst team on your schedule, not even close. I expect a dogfight in Columbia, this isn't the team you saw two years ago that didn't have an identity.
Just because he expects that game to be the 2nd biggest winning margin of the season does not necessarily mean he thinks that ECU is the 2nd worst team on the schedule. Sometimes things just workout that way. In 2012 we beat UGA at home by 28 and Tennessee at home by 3. Tennessee was not as good as UGA that year
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #13
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

11-1, lose to Auburn. However, I can see where many games will be close
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #14
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Gut feeling:
10-2 with an L to Auburn and Florida.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #15
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Until I see us beat Auburn, I'll continue to write that off as a loss. Throw in the facts that it's on the road and they're coming off a NCG appearance and it seems all but certain.

Also, until we stop our annual tradition of taking a WTF loss, I'll continue to fear/expect it. Florida is probably the best candidate in that category.

Overall, I see our record being anywhere from 11-1 to 9-3 depending on the kind of breaks we get.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #16
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

For us to go 10-2 I would think three things need to happen.

Dylan has to complete over 60% of his passes and at least double up the td to int ratio.

Defense has to avg under 20 points given up
Old 04-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #17
GamecockSuperFan
6-6

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Feel like this is going to be the year we make it out with only 1 loss (most likely to Auburn or Florida) only to fall short of the NC because of the playoff system thing now.

Surprise teams in the SEC you can never count out. LSU and Florida
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #18
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

If we don't get into the playoff, we better get into the other big bowls (not sure of the official name but either Cotton, Fiesta, Orange, or Peach)

Nothing against the Capital One but that or anything less than it would be disappointing.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #19
wincocks84
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I think 9-3 to 10-2 is most likely with 8-4 to 11-1 being possible. There that should narrow it down. We could conceivably lose to TA@M, UGA, AU, UF... I think we have comfortable win at Clemson.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #20
Yearofthegamecock
Game MVP

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

I would like to see our d line before I make any predictions. We know about our secondary issues, but the d line may have some too.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote