Welcome to Cockytalk!
Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!
If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!
|Today's Top 10|
|Posters (by posts)||Threads (by views)||Newest Posts||Gamecock Headlines|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|04-29-2014, 03:20 PM||#1|
Apparent Sunshine Pumper
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On The Dark Side of the Moon
Early Expectations for 2014, thoughts.
Spring ball has been over for almost half a month now, heading into the summer I am craving more Carolina Football, yet I know I have to wait.
Still, that doesn't mean we have to wait to speculate, and give our expectations for this years team, yardage predictions for players, and who will we beat and will we go to the SEC Title game.
So I am putting together our season schedule with what I think will be the outcome of games. You can chime in as well, would love to hear everyones opinion of our games, and who will be surprise teams this year.
Here are my predictions for the 2014 season.
1. Dylan Thompson passes for 3,000 yards, and has a 20+ Passing TD effort this year.
2. Mike Davis goes over 1200 yards rushing this year.
3. Roland and Byrd combine for 2000 yards receiving.
4. Elliot Fry will get even better and hit some 50 yard kicks this year.
5. Even without Clowney and Quarles, our D line will be dominate. (I credit this to the offenses not being able to scheme any particular player yet, because they don't know who to scheme for, so it becomes a free for all for the D line)
6. We have one All American LB in Skai Moore.
7. The young secondary improves big time halfway through our first game of the year. (A&M)
That was a breakdown of what I expect to happen with the team, now here are my game predictions.
1. Texas A&M (Carolina wins 27-17)
2. East Carolina (Carolina wins 44-10)
3. Georgia (Carolina wins 38-24)
4. Vandy (Carolina wins 52-7) *Their team collapses due to Franklin being gone.
5. Missouri (Carolina wins 34-28)
6. Kentucky (Carolina wins 55-20)
7. Furman (Carolina wins 77-10) Tie school record for points.
8. Auburn (Carolina wins in OT 31-28)
9. Tennessee (Carolina wins 35-21) Payback
10. Florida (Florida wins 28-24) Fluke Game, no SEC implications though.
11. South Alabama (Carolina wins 56-14)
12. Clemson (Carolina wins 44-21) Clemson lost more than they think.
SEC Championship Game *South Carolina vs Alabama (Carolina wins 31-20)
Whats your opinions?
"I'd rather be anywhere other than Clemson."