CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
Lonnie
elcid99
COCKYTALKIN
Roosterboy
ertman420
Master Bedroom
garnet_black215
USCBASEBALL1
Clemson Recruiting.. (4764)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (2178)
Hello Gamecocks! (851)
Marching band (758)
John Rocker at rock (745)
My predictions for 2 (558)
Muschamp + fan = win (382)
Section 16 (379)
Good Article on Aubu (281)
Does anyone know how (270)
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
2016 - Bryan Edwards
NCAA Concussion Settlemen
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Question on Student Secti
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Tennessee
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A

Old 04-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #41
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
I am not surprised at the line being what it is, but I don't think we are going to be this push over that some of you think. Yes the home field advantage will be nice with the noise, but let's be honest, it isn't like any SEC team doesn't have to play with noise being a factor. We are kinda all used to it. Regarding our Offense, I think there are going to be some shocked people out there when they see our offense doesn't drop off that much. Yes we are losing JFF and Evans, but we are still loaded at talent on that side of the ball. Sumlin is known for doing well even with Mediocre talent (UH).
Let's take a look at the offense as a whole. We are returning 4 of the 5 starters on the line and will have another 1st round draft pick at Left Tackle there next year too. Our running backs are one of the best stables in the nation with Tra Carson, Trey Williams, and Brandon Williams (all of which would start at most schools in the nation)
At WR we are flat out LOADED. Remember the name Ricky Seals-Jones (he is bigger and faster than Evans) he was hurt all of last year, but the dude is special and I don't mean like that Franks and Beans guy from Something about Mary. Also Speedy Noil and LaQuvionte Gonzales present nightmare match-ups (yes we have a Speedy/Gonzales package)
With a new QB albeit the number one overall QB from last year our offense will have a different look using the backs more and more of a standard quick pass attack, it will not be something you will have film on either.
Defense will still be very young, but we have picked up a good bit more depth and for those that watched that Duke game and thought that was normal, watch the second half. They only scored 10 points
My prediction is still a high scoring game, but I would not take USC at -9

Sorry for the long post, but there was a lot that needed to be said there with me just getting into this 2 pages late.

Gig 'Em - You can eat the apple, but don't F with the Corps!
You know you are the underdog when a majority of your fans dont believe you will win. I expect a win, and not one that comes down to the final possession. You are not about to stop the nations longest home winning streak.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #42
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I definitely agree. It's nice to be confident but for some to say we'll just $hit all over atm is ridiculous.
We will shit all over atm.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #43
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I definitely agree. It's nice to be confident but for some to say we'll just $hit all over atm is ridiculous.
True, but we are at home. They lose more than we do. Who knows, one of these days this team will come out with a fire under their ass from day one. So why not this year?

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #44
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes the home field advantage will be nice with the noise, but let's be honest, it isn't like any SEC team doesn't have to play with noise being a factor. We are kinda all used to it.

1. Every team may have to play with noise, but not every team has to play without a defense.

2. We're all kind of used to it, huh? lol... how long has TAMU been in the SEC again? And how many SEC games has your QB played?

Quote:
Defense will still be very young, but we have picked up a good bit more depth and for those that watched that Duke game and thought that was normal, watch the second half. They only scored 10 points
Ok? That really doesn't make it better... and even forgetting the Duke game, TAMU's defense was pure garbage for the entire 2013 season, not just one game.

You drinkin' that Aggie Kool-Aid hard, brah.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #45
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is learning to peckAggie96 is learning to peck

You're kidding right? 2 years in the SEC means that our 3 upperclasses HAVE heard the noise. Much like your 3 upperclasses. Just because USC has been in the SEC for more than 2 years doesn't mean that all of the sudden your freshman know more about SEC noise than ours... lmao What it means is that your seniors have 4 more away SEC game noise experience than ours... your argument sucks...
I guess you forgot that you are breaking in a new QB as well and the Clown is now gone too, so your defense is not going to be the same with him gone.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:55 PM   #46
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
1. Every team may have to play with noise, but not every team has to play without a defense.

2. We're all kind of used to it, huh? lol... how long has TAMU been in the SEC again? And how many SEC games has your QB played?

Ok? That really doesn't make it better... and even forgetting the Duke game, TAMU's defense was pure garbage for the entire 2013 season, not just one game.

You drinkin' that Aggie Kool-Aid hard, brah.
I will not deny that our defense was pure ish last year... it will be better this year. in 3 of our 4 losses last year we lost by 7 points or less. That means one stop more in each of those games and we go to OT in 2 of them and win the 3rd. So let's just say our defense improves slightly and we do get that one extra stop per game. That makes a lot of difference.

I just hope your coaches and players have the same mindset that you do that we will be a push over.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:05 AM   #47
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
You're kidding right? 2 years in the SEC means that our 3 upperclasses HAVE heard the noise. Much like your 3 upperclasses. Just because USC has been in the SEC for more than 2 years doesn't mean that all of the sudden your freshman know more about SEC noise than ours... lmao What it means is that your seniors have 4 more away SEC game noise experience than ours... your argument sucks...
I guess you forgot that you are breaking in a new QB as well and the Clown is now gone too, so your defense is not going to be the same with him gone.
It seems half of your fanbase realizes we are not breaking in a new QB and half doesnt. Sure hes the full time starter now but hes a senior who has played against some of our best opponents on the road (UCF, Mizzou, Clemson) and won. The lights are not too big for him which is more than we can say about your QB's.

And why do we only get the trolls from other fanbases and not people we can have an intelligent debate with?
Old 04-30-2014, 12:29 AM   #48
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

LMAO you mean that Mizzou game where he was pulled in the 3rd quarter and then Connor Shaw came back in to win the game... That one??? Or did you mean that fact that he is a 58.4 % completion rate with a 4 TD to 3 INT ratio... Yeah I tell you what, everyone should be super nervous of that guy's All World skills. Look he might be servicable and yes he has some "experience" as a starter when your real starter was injured, but he is not going to be setting any records. Be honest with yourself.
Not trying to be a troll here, just calling it as I see it.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:05 AM   #49
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Quote:
LMAO you mean that Mizzou game where he was pulled in the 3rd quarter and then Connor Shaw came back in to win the game... That one??? Or did you mean that fact that he is a 58.4 % completion rate with a 4 TD to 3 INT ratio... Yeah I tell you what, everyone should be super nervous of that guy's All World skills. Look he might be servicable and yes he has some "experience" as a starter when your real starter was injured, but he is not going to be setting any records. Be honest with yourself.
Im sure you didnt watch the game so i cant expect you to know mike davis had 2 fumbles in the redzone that shifted momentum and of course didnt allow us to score. Dylan played decent in that game, the first half was just riddled with mistakes across the board though. and almost a 60% completion rate and a positive TD to INT ratio when his stats came mainly against two teams (UCF and Missouri who both finished in the top 10) is pretty damn good if you ask me.

With more practice and chemistry with the wr's and the o-line he is only going to improve. Im not saying hes going to be a heisman winner, but hell be a top 4 QB in the SEC.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:07 AM   #50
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
It seems half of your fanbase realizes we are not breaking in a new QB and half doesnt. Sure hes the full time starter now but hes a senior who has played against some of our best opponents on the road (UCF, Mizzou, Clemson) and won. The lights are not too big for him which is more than we can say about your QB's.

And why do we only get the trolls from other fanbases and not people we can have an intelligent debate with?
I don't think Aggie96 is trolling, just supporting his team like we do. There will be many more that are worse before August. I live amongst them.
Williams-Brice on a Thursday night will be the deciding factor. USC wins but probably by less than 9

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:00 AM   #51
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Im sure you didnt watch the game so i cant expect you to know mike davis had 2 fumbles in the redzone that shifted momentum and of course didnt allow us to score. Dylan played decent in that game, the first half was just riddled with mistakes across the board though. and almost a 60% completion rate and a positive TD to INT ratio when his stats came mainly against two teams (UCF and Missouri who both finished in the top 10) is pretty damn good if you ask me.

With more practice and chemistry with the wr's and the o-line he is only going to improve. Im not saying hes going to be a heisman winner, but hell be a top 4 QB in the SEC.
No way he will be a top 4 QB in the SEC

Marshall, Wallace, Mauk, Prescott will finish ahead of him and what is to say that the QBs for Bama and Uga (both of whom are in a similar situation to Thompson won't do better) To be honest I would be willing to bet our QB finishes ahead of him too. Our receiving corps is the best in the SEC (talentwise) and looking back at Sumlin's previous experience his QBs are ALWAYS successful. in the past decade his QBs have been guys like Brees, Bradford, Keenum, and some kid named Manziel. You might have heard of some of them... they all started in the NFL at some point except for that Manziel kid and the jury is still out on him... :)
Let's look at their stats should we?
Brees - First year starting was with Sumlin there. in 3 years at Purdue he finished holding Big Ten records in passing yards and a Hesiman finalist in 2 years
Bradford - first year starting was under Sumlin there. 2 years with Sumlin as the OC there - he finished as the alltime passing leader at OU and won this trophy called the Heisman... I hear those are pretty rare for coaches to be a part of.
Keenum - first year starting was under Sumlin there. Over 19000 total yards passing - All Time leader not only in UH but NCAA history (Seeing a trend here yet?) Had 3 seasons with over 5000 yards and 2 that were over 5600
Manziel - You guessed it, first year starting was under a coach named Sumlin (see the trend???) 2 years and he owns the top 3 highest games of yardage totals in the SEC. Second most passing yards in a single season in SEC history 4114 (against teams like Alabama, LSU, Auburn, etc) Most yards in a single season record in A&M history, most passing yards in a single season in school history too. oh yeah and he won a Hesiman... and had better stats the year he didn't win the Heisman than he did when he won it.

What makes you think that now all of the sudden he is going to have a mediocre or terrible QB that can't play all of the sudden on the big stage? He has coached 3 NFL starters, has 2 Hesiman winning QBs and now all of the sudden his guy is not going to be successful.

Come on man do some research before you make these terrible assumptions
Old 04-30-2014, 07:06 AM   #52
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Default Spread vs. aTm

Thompson is a senior with a ton of game experience. Your QB is a true freshman right? So how does he have experience dealing with noise or road SEC environments? I don't care who Sumlin has coached in the past- you're bringing a n00b QB into Williams Brice at night. Second, you won games by a TD because you had a Heisman winning beast QB to bail you out in shoot outs. Your logic about "one more stop" is silly AF. Please go back to your Aggie board and continue wading in whatever intellectual baby pool you're used to.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #53
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Thompson is a senior with a ton of game experience. Your QB is a true freshman right? So how does he have experience dealing with noise or road SEC environments? I don't care who Sumlin has coached in the past- you're bringing a n00b QB into Williams Brice at night. Second, you won games by a TD because you had a Heisman winning beast QB to bail you out in shoot outs. Your logic about "one more stop" is silly AF. Please go back to your Aggie board and continue wading in whatever intellectual baby pool you're used to.
Exhibit A:

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #54
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

I guess nobodys told him about spurriers track record, huh? Well let him live in pretend land a little bit longer, maybe hell meet some nice clemson fans while hes there.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #55
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Quote:
AND I hope your coaches have this mindset about Dylan Thompson

You and your fans will learn a lot on that Thursday night.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #56
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:

You do realize that Dylan Thompson has won more games than the quarterback you will be rolling onto the field right?

Also, I don't put the Mizzou game completely on Dylan. Yes, he missed some throws, however there were some drops, as well as untimely turnovers that changed that game. Mike Davis fumbling twice inside the red zone immediately come to mind.

You also completely forget that Dylan Thompson went into Clemson in 2012, threw for well over 300 yards, at night, and beat them. You also forget that Dylan Thompson essentially won the Outback Bowl for us two years ago. Dylan Thompson will be a fine quarterback this year.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:43 AM   #57
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Dude makes good points.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #58
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his comb

How can you compare a true freshman, never played in a SEC road game to a senior QB who HAS won on the road? Clemson may be in the ACC but I don't care who you are, when you win on the road at night in the biggest rivalry game in your teams history, and do it in front of more than 80,000...you have some experience that you just won't get straight out of high school.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #59
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
How can you compare a true freshman, never played in a SEC road game to a senior QB who HAS won on the road? Clemson may be in the ACC but I don't care who you are, when you win on the road at night in the biggest rivalry game in your teams history, and do it in front of more than 80,000...you have some experience that you just won't get straight out of high school.
It's something the Erin Murray, Braxton Miller and Zach Mettenburger couldn't pull off....

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #60
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

It will be a close game, we rarely play well in openers. I give us a 10 point win after scoring a late TD.