CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Aggie96
spareparts
johnnyb
SuperCockMaster
Master Bedroom
Handsome_Dabo
thekob
jebodiah
Spurticus
I have not bought in (1551)
JD & DJ Getting (1471)
Article on Shaw & (1328)
SEC East QB's Ranked (1105)
and the #1 2014 acc (1100)
I'm thinking we're g (905)
Clemson OT to transf (738)
The bane of our seas (510)
As things currently (440)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (400)
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
All garnet for Thursday
2016 - Bryan Edwards
As things currently stand
The bane of our season
Ward wants us to play fas
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
CFB Playoff Bracket predi
I have not bought into ou
Spurrier: Davis May Not B

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 10:04 PM   #161
DBjr
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
DBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his claws
Thumbs up Re: Sterling receives lifetime ban, $2.5 million fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne09 View Post
The shitty part about this is that this ass bag says some racist comments, and a bunch of people get all pissed off. Has anyone listened to rap lately? A lot of people must have the perfect job. I can tell you where I work I hear more racial shit about white people in front of everyone of all races and nobody says shit. This racial crap has become a one way street. I as a man,a husband,a father,and an employee respect those above and around me. It's messed up that a lot of the people in this are crying racism and say the say some stuff towards another race. Enough is enough damn and most of us are slaves to the job but don't make millions doing it.
agree 100%!!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #162
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Sterling receives lifetime ban, $2.5 million fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
That doesnt make sense to you ?

No. It really doesn't.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:18 PM   #163
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
He would be removed. He doesn't own the building. If he really wants to push it the rosters will sit out. This is a lose lose for him. He cannot really win. Even if he could win legally, which is doubtful, to what end? No one is playing for him, no one is coaching for him, and no one will invest in his business for sponsorships.

Silver also gave a very specific provision, 75% vote can expel him. He isn't making that number up.
I want to know if the vote is anonymous. Those are the same owners that kept him there. I'm pretty sure the vote would be different between on the record and anonymous
Old 04-29-2014, 10:29 PM   #164
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

All this thread shows me is which people on Cockytalk are moronic racist wanna-be lawyers.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:31 PM   #165
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

He's 80 years old right? I mean shit, if baited into a race discussion, how many 80 year olds wouldn't say some shit that people would find offensive these days? They have antiquated ways of thinking a lot of times. On top of that, it was a private convo. Do y'all have any idea how many people have some racist views but conceal it in public? I mean where do you draw the line? If you listen to the tapes, you can tell she baited him. But who's to say he isn't a sarcastic old bastard who was just messing around? Not likely, but who knows... Clearly the guy appears to be a bigot, but the free market should enforce him stepping down easily. This punishment was a total PR/money move and is setting a ****ed up precedent for society in general. This whole thing is just a shame from start to finish IMO.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:13 PM   #166
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

is California a one party consent law state?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #167
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
is California a one party consent law state?
Nope.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #168
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
He would be removed. He doesn't own the building. If he really wants to push it the rosters will sit out. This is a lose lose for him. He cannot really win. Even if he could win legally, which is doubtful, to what end? No one is playing for him, no one is coaching for him, and no one will invest in his business for sponsorships.

Silver also gave a very specific provision, 75% vote can expel him. He isn't making that number up.
They haven't done it though. And he can still sue. You can't sign away your right to sue for tort liability, arbitration clause or no.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:37 PM   #169
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
I see what you are saying don't get me wrong my thing is any racism shouldn't be tolerated from the majority owner, to partical owner, to star player, coach, or even towel boy, racism is counter productive to society and until it gets stamped out across the board we will continue to see three ring circuses like this.

What it sounds like you, and quite a few others are saying (or at least implying) is that, until racism is stamped out across the board, then it should be tolerated in specific situations. All or nothing?
Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #170
DJCatfish
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
I would have publicly condemned the tape and condemned the way the tape came about. But I would not have rushed to judgement before an investigation could have been completed.
Rushed to judgment? The NBA hired Wachtell (most prestigious law firm in the world) to do an investigation, which was concluded before the punishment was decided. Sterling also admitted he made the statements. So basically your entire premise is wrong.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #171
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
That guy is as crazy as a two headed goat.

Whether you agree with his thoughts or not, he has committed no crime.

It's sad to see this mob mentality spring up whenever this topic rears its head. IMO, if the roles were reversed he would be pushed for a public apology, nothing more.
Read my comments above. It's not about his racist comments. It's about Sterling's entire history with NBA. Do some research on the things he has done. This was just the smoking gun the NBA needed to finally get rid of him - the final nail in the proverbial "conduct detrimental to the team" (or league).

It's not just this issue but a culmination of his history. His final act was a slam dunk for the NBA. :)
Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #172
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
If he was still married with a public girlfriend, he should have expected getting rolled at some point.
Yeah, that is great, still probably not admissible though. Still probably going to get the girlfriend sued and or in jail. However, I think she will recoup that with fame and book sales.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #173
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
I agree with what you are saying, but I just find it weird that more people don't find it ridiculous that ESPN and other channels are playing private conversations on air. It is a little scary and seems like someone is going to get sued. What the NBA does to him is their business, but they better hold everyone to the same standard or expect a shit storm.

Re: your last line: why?

Why must it be all or nothing?

Why must we accept racism up until it is 100% unacceptable?

And before you or anyone else says it- hypocrisy is going to happen. Double standards are going to happen. That's life. Get over it. Their existence shouldn't justify disgusting behavior.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:42 PM   #174
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
What it sounds like you, and quite a few others are saying (or at least implying) is that, until racism is stamped out across the board, then it should be tolerated in specific situations. All or nothing?
Some could say that tolerance is the key to defeating racism. Because you can only control what is in your heart and mind, you can't control what is in others.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:44 PM   #175
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Please stop arguing California law and whether it is admissible. That's irrelevant. When Silver stated that Sterling admitted it, there is no need for evidence. Again this isn't about the racism. It's about Sterling's history and this was the last straw - with evidence he has allegedly confessed to.

Last edited by uscjeremynca; 04-29-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:45 PM   #176
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

What this nation is doing to privacy and property rights in the name of becoming pc and making sure no one is offended is truly horrible. Adam Silver got caught up in the mob and had a flat-out stupid response in the moment. He's put his neck out there and someone else is going to say or do something ignorant and then he'll hang himself with his own hypocrisy.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:45 PM   #177
DJCatfish
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his comb

Also, rather than argue about this based purely on what you think should be the right answer, this article basically outlines the legal issues in plain terms: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...5a6_story.html
Old 04-29-2014, 11:47 PM   #178
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cock View Post
Your crazy. Other races say and do some of the most racist things that happen in America but nothing is said or done about it. Its always placed on the white man. Im not saying he was right but where is the punishment for Larry Johnson's all black league crap. I mean look no further than Columbia, SC. There is a Black Times newspaper. Do you know how racist that would be considered if it was the other way around? Slavery is over. I didn't own slaves and don't know anyone who was a slave. Its time to get past that crap and quit using it as an excuse and hold people responsible for there actions, instead of them hiding behind race. If its not okay for one race to do it then its not okay for another race to do it. Plain and simple.

You're intentionally blind to the differences between black and white.

Here's a hint: history matters.
Oh, you don't have "white history month" or a "White Times" in Columbia? Cry me a ****in river you big baby. For you to compare the plight of the black man to the white man shows how ignorant you are

Also- history lesson for you; "whiteness" is an exclusionary concept. For many years, Italians weren't considered white. Jews weren't considered white. Irish weren't considered white. It's because being "white" is meant to exclude- always has, which is why the concept is constantly evolving. So to "celebrate being white" would be the same as celebrating being exclusionary. Want to celebrate being scotch-Irish? Have at it! I'd bet no one would throw a fit if you were to celebrate your specific ancestry. It's the whole celebrating exclusion that will get you on people's bad side.

But, please- tell me more about how bad the white man has it.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:49 PM   #179
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Like said though, why move from LA? (It has been shown in other sports and other large markets you can still gain a lot of money while splitting with another team)

Teams like Toronto, Minnesota,Sacramento, Milwuakee etc will move to Seattle before.

As great as a fan base Seattle has, you don't leave LA for it. Especially with the stars you have now.
You can take Sacramento out of it. Did you just notice the battle the city put to keep the team from going to Seattle? We have plans to build a new downtown arena. Kings will not leave Sacramento.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:50 PM   #180
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Some could say that tolerance is the key to defeating racism. Because you can only control what is in your heart and mind, you can't control what is in others.

Therefore we should tolerate people in power treating others as less than human? Because the victim can control how they let the actions and words of another in position of authority over them affect them?

Give me a ****in break.

The implicit justification of racism in this thread that is veiled behind a weak ass argument of charges of a double standard are disgusting, and I'm embarrassed that some of you might have attended my alma mater. Pathetic.
Closed Thread