CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
cockybusiness2
pitchcock
COCKYTALKIN
Cockypantherfan
Coulwoodwarlord
kingoftheroost
LeeSC
Waldrop doubtful for (1452)
We Have A New KO Guy (1303)
Best position coach (1205)
If we loose to Kensu (1192)
The New Idea That'll (978)
I'm over the loss, b (610)
Why not Nosovich @ T (417)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (382)
So What? (353)
Land For Sale (254)
Thoughts on the basketbal
Why not Nosovich @ TE?
HBC Weekly Presser
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Best position coach or co
Dylan Thompson looks brok
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
We Have A New KO Guy

Old 04-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #21
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Early Expectations for 2014, thoughts.

My opinion is you have garnet glasses on.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:12 PM   #22
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

We'll find a way to go 10-2 again because it's what we've done three years in a row.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #23
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I'll take 9-3 and 6 in a row.

Anything more than that is gravy on the biscuit.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:51 PM   #24
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Anything less than 10-2 and a trip to Atlanta is a disappointment with our schedule IMO.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:53 PM   #25
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

The Auburn and UF game determine the most about our season.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:09 PM   #26
petecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
petecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervous

I LOVE college football!!!

The SEC is wide open!!!

The question to me is about who we are as we near the end of the season, and that path may include beating Auburn.

I can visualize unbeaten.
petecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #27
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Here are my predictions for the 2014 season.

1. Dylan Thompson passes for 3,000 yards, and has a 20+ Passing TD effort this year.

2. Mike Davis goes over 1200 yards rushing this year.

3. Roland and Byrd combine for 2000 yards receiving.

4. Elliot Fry will get even better and hit some 50 yard kicks this year.

5. Even without Clowney and Quarles, our D line will be dominate. (I credit this to the offenses not being able to scheme any particular player yet, because they don't know who to scheme for, so it becomes a free for all for the D line)

6. We have one All American LB in Skai Moore.

7. The young secondary improves big time halfway through our first game of the year. (A&M)

That was a breakdown of what I expect to happen with the team, now here are my game predictions.

1. Texas A&M (Carolina wins 27-17)
2. East Carolina (Carolina wins 44-10)
3. Georgia (Carolina wins 38-24)
4. Vandy (Carolina wins 52-7) *Their team collapses due to Franklin being gone.
5. Missouri (Carolina wins 34-28)
6. Kentucky (Carolina wins 55-20)
7. Furman (Carolina wins 77-10) Tie school record for points.
8. Auburn (Carolina wins in OT 31-28)
9. Tennessee (Carolina wins 35-21) Payback
10. Florida (Florida wins 28-24) Fluke Game, no SEC implications though.
11. South Alabama (Carolina wins 56-14)
12. Clemson (Carolina wins 44-21) Clemson lost more than they think.

SEC Championship Game *South Carolina vs Alabama (Carolina wins 31-20)

Whats your opinions?
1) I see 2200 - 2500 yards with 20+ TD's and 10 - 15 ints. One bad game will account for 3 of the ints.

2) I completely agree; Davis will be in Beast mode all season and keep us in almost every game we play.

3) Roland will become the go to guy when the game is on the line, but he will not be as successful as his predecessors Bruce, Ace and Alshon. He will still have a great season with plenty of highlights. Byrd will improve over last year and give us a solid deep threat to keep teams from stacking the box the whole game.

4) Agree; Elliot will be a storyline in the media sometime this season.

5) The D line will have growing pains for the first 4 games this season. Their play will be good to great at times and then below average at times. Run stopping is going to be an issue. I see teams with good RB's averaging close to 5 YPC and eating the clock on us early in the season. Whammy will make some adjustments and the line will learn from game experience to finish the season as a solid front.

6) Skai will be a stud this season. Unfortunately, it will be because he has to be to make up for deficiencies in other areas of the D.

7) The secondary will gel around the 5th or 6th game. ECU and Mizzou will be their toughest tests of the early season. GA will pass more than expected and have some success.

1. Texas A&M (Carolina wins 38-34 with a come from behind TD at the end of the game.)
2. East Carolina (Carolina wins 21-20)
3. Georgia (Carolina loses 27-35. Our run D is exposed but gains experience.)
4. @Vandy (Carolina wins 17-14 Elliot boots the winner for us and the D stops Vandy on the last drive.
5. Missouri (Carolina loses 24-34. Mizzou gets revenge for last year.)
6. @Kentucky (Carolina wins 42-24. O and D gel for a solid performance.)
7. Furman (Carolina wins 34-24. A lackluster performance but no major breakdowns.)
8. @Auburn (Carolina wins 25-24. Fry fakes an extra point kick and runs it in for 2 points and the win.)
9. Tennessee (Carolina wins 14-10. An emotional letdown from Auburn game but the defense does enough to get us the W.)
10. @Florida (Carolina loses 21-37. We get down early and Dylan is forced to pass resulting in a 3 Int game. Just too many turnovers to overcome.)
11. South Alabama (Carolina wins 41-10. A feel good win after last weeks loss.)
12. @Clemson (Carolina loses 28-31. Watson runs and throws for over 350 yards in his best game of the season.)

Fans are mostly disappointed about our bowl game but still show up full force because it is the last chance to see our Gamecocks play for several months.

I hope I am wrong about the losses, especially clemson, but my overall feeling preseason is we will miss Shaw and our D will struggle early stopping the run.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #28
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
1) I see 2200 - 2500 yards with 20+ TD's and 10 - 15 ints. One bad game will account for 3 of the ints.

2) I completely agree; Davis will be in Beast mode all season and keep us in almost every game we play.

3) Roland will become the go to guy when the game is on the line, but he will not be as successful as his predecessors Bruce, Ace and Alshon. He will still have a great season with plenty of highlights. Byrd will improve over last year and give us a solid deep threat to keep teams from stacking the box the whole game.

5) The D line will have growing pains for the first 4 games this season. Their play will be good to great at times and then below average at times. Run stopping is going to be an issue. I see teams with good RB's averaging close to 5 YPC and eating the clock on us early in the season. Whammy will make some adjustments and the line will learn from game experience to finish the season as a solid front.

6) Skai will be a stud this season. Unfortunately, it will be because he has to be to make up for deficiencies in other areas of the D.

7) The secondary will gel around the 5th or 6th game. ECU and Mizzou will be their toughest tests of the early season. GA will pass more than expected and have some success.

1. Texas A&M (Carolina wins 38-34 with a come from behind TD at the end of the game.)
4. @Vandy (Carolina wins 17-14 Elliot boots the winner for us and the D stops Vandy on the last drive.
7. Furman (Carolina wins 34-24. A lackluster performance but no major breakdowns.)
8. @Auburn (Carolina wins 25-24. Fry fakes an extra point kick and runs it in for 2 points and the win.)
9. Tennessee (Carolina wins 14-10. An emotional letdown from Auburn game but the defense does enough to get us the W.)
10. @Florida (Carolina loses 21-37. We get down early and Dylan is forced to pass resulting in a 3 Int game. Just too many turnovers to overcome.)
12. @Clemson (Carolina loses 28-31. Watson runs and throws for over 350 yards in his best game of the season.)

Fans are mostly disappointed about our bowl game but still show up full force because it is the last chance to see our Gamecocks play for several months.

I hope I am wrong about the losses, especially clemson, but my overall feeling preseason is we will miss Shaw and our D will struggle early stopping the run.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #29
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:

Tell em tater
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #30
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Tell em tater
Typical responses to any prediction that is not overwhelmingly optimistic and completely pro Carolina. What's the point of discussion if everyone posts and agrees we are going undefeated and winning the National Championship every year?

Calling me a tater because I think we may actually lose a game to a very good clemson squad is immature and lacks intelligent thought. Is this where you take your ball and go home?

Once you have logged as many seasons as I have as a Gamecock, then I will take your comments seriously. Next comment from you will be about how I am old Carolina and this team is new Carolina which will never lose another game. Ever!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #31
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Looking at the schedule here is what I tend to see

1. Texas A&M --ugly 1st half, pull away in the 2nd half, 14 point win
2. East Carolina-- 21+ point win
3. Georgia --game gets back to typical ugly win, Carolina by 7
4. @Vandy -- 14-21 point win, much like TAM ugly 1st half
5. Missouri --I think a 14 point win is do able, with DGB being kicked off they wont have enough weapons for Maty
6.@ Kentucky -- Big win 28 points.
7. Furman --I think we are past of point of struggling with these teams
8. @Auburn -- this one desides the season, if it was a home game I would say we win, but a close loss
9. Tennessee-- 14-17 point win. No qb, no coach, no lines
10. @Florida -Tough one, we should win, I think there are deep problems in Gatorland.
11. South Alabama - Another blow out
12. @Clemson--No QB, no coach, we are in their heads. Carolina by 14-21

11-1 is realistic to me.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #32
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Typical responses to any prediction that is not overwhelmingly optimistic and completely pro Carolina. What's the point of discussion if everyone posts and agrees we are going undefeated and winning the National Championship every year?

Calling me a tater because I think we may actually lose a game to a very good clemson squad is immature and lacks intelligent thought. Is this where you take your ball and go home?

Once you have logged as many seasons as I have as a Gamecock, then I will take your comments seriously. Next comment from you will be about how I am old Carolina and this team is new Carolina which will never lose another game. Ever!
So with all their losses and Dumbo still coach, how are they very good?

Last edited by SCohioBoy; 04-30-2014 at 11:35 AM.
SCohioBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #33
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:

So, can't beat Clemson, but can beat Auburn, AND keep them to 24 points? Odd...
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #34
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:

You predicted Watson to run and throw for over 350 yards. That would mean he would have racked up 700 total yards of offense. Which we all know is complete bs, and would never happen. Besides, Clemson will not beat Carolina this year, or win more than 8 games.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Old 04-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #35
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
So with all thier losses and Dumbo still coach, how are they very good?
First of all, I hate talking about clemson in any positive way. However, they return a strong defense and Deshaun Watson will be really good once he gets a few games under his belt. By the time we play them at their place, they will be one of the better teams we face.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #36
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

Quote:
You predicted Watson to run and throw for over 350 yards. That would mean he would have racked up 700 total yards of offense. Which we all know is complete bs, and would never happen. Besides, Clemson will not beat Carolina this year, or win more than 8 games.
I meant combined.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #37
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
First of all, I hate talking about clemson in any positive way. However, they return a strong defense and Deshaun Watson will be really good once he gets a few games under his belt. By the time we play them at their place, they will be one of the better teams we face.
Your kidding right?

Old 04-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #38
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
So, can't beat Clemson, but can beat Auburn, AND keep them to 24 points? Odd...
Don't apply the transitive property to college football. It just doesn't work. I think Auburn has an off game and we are hungry to finally get a win against them.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #39
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Don't apply the transitive property to college football. It just doesn't work. I think Auburn has an off game and we are hungry to finally get a win against them.
Your right, that is why when Clemson beat Georgia, I laughed because it made taters believe they had a chance at us.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #40
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

Quote:
Your kidding right?
Time will tell. If I am wrong I will gladly eat crow. Will you do the same?