CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
bigdog2003
GSC2013
evan_aggie
conwaycock2
The Yancey
Do we have any shot (2585)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1884)
What changes can and (1432)
(50 minute Replay) U (1353)
Shaw: Check Out This (1296)
Don't tell me we don (1222)
Gamecocks claimed an (1128)
Gamecock football Lo (1065)
SOS Teleconference (970)
Tanner McEvoy should (941)
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Gamecock football Long Te
who thinks we need a whol
Pirate Depth Chart
SOS Teleconference
Do we have any shot again
Connor Shaw Browns
Mike Davis "doubtful
Carolina opens -15.5
MLS almost ready for play

Old 04-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #61
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Early Expectations for 2014, thoughts.

Win them all and the first BC playoff to send Thompson riding off into the sunset!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #62
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

10-2 going into SEC championship game
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #63
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
Typical responses to any prediction that is not overwhelmingly optimistic and completely pro Carolina. What's the point of discussion if everyone posts and agrees we are going undefeated and winning the National Championship every year?

Calling me a tater because I think we may actually lose a game to a very good clemson squad is immature and lacks intelligent thought. Is this where you take your ball and go home?

Once you have logged as many seasons as I have as a Gamecock, then I will take your comments seriously.
how is it you see clempscum as such a great team? they lost almost all of their best players. they are starting over. get a grip. and freshmen qb's are freshmen qb's. clemscum will be worse than they were last year, bank on it. auburn will be our toughest game, and at uf could be one as well. i think we will handle uga and tx am, but have a hard time with a few other teams, we should handle easily.

but i do not believe we will have the same difficulties with our defense that we had last year, where the lb's got off to a rough start. corner is a position that talented guys can come in on day one, and be dominant. (capt. mun, gillmore, joseph) we recruited extremely well for the position, and two or three or four or even maybe five of the guys coming in could get into the mix and be very good from day one. i believe between abu lamin, dixon, surratt, dukes and green, we will not miss kelcy as much as some are thinking. i furthermore believe that we will develop an excellent de rotation, that will keep this dline as one of the best in the sec.

our safeties and lb's will be awesome, and will soften the blow of the newcomers at the beginning of the season. finally, when we talk about the weapons on offense, the one thing that is the most important factor with our success this year, will be the talent, size, athleticism, strength and depth of our offensive line. the dropoff we will experience with dylan, will be sheltered by an excellent ol. so many say we return four starters, but we really return five starters, as mitulus was a starter for a lot of his healthy time. he will seamlessly fit into that unit, and make this the best ol in the sec. with our rb's and wr's, you can imagine the rest.

11-1 is a realistic possibility. i hope we get there. and i hope our only loss is before the midway point.

Last edited by snoopcockycock; 04-30-2014 at 09:20 PM.
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #64
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
1. Texas A&M (Carolina wins close at home)could easily lose
2. East Carolina (Carolina wins comfotably)
3. Georgia (Carolina wins comfotably at home)could easily lose
4. Vandy (Carolina wins close)
5. Missouri (Carolina wins close at home) could easily lose
6. Kentucky (Carolina wins comfotably)
7. Furman (Carolina wins blow out)
8. Auburn (Carolina losses)
9. Tennessee (Carolina wins close at home) Payback
10. Florida (Carolina loses) could easily win
11. South Alabama (Carolina wins comfotably)
12. Clemson (Carolina wins close)
I agree with everything except Florida. I don't think they're offense is good enough to score enough to beat us. By the time we play them, we won't have any more freshmen on the team......they'll all have plenty of game experience by then.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #65
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
1) I see 2200 - 2500 yards with 20+ TD's and 10 - 15 ints. One bad game will account for 3 of the ints.

2) I completely agree; Davis will be in Beast mode all season and keep us in almost every game we play.

3) Roland will become the go to guy when the game is on the line, but he will not be as successful as his predecessors Bruce, Ace and Alshon. He will still have a great season with plenty of highlights. Byrd will improve over last year and give us a solid deep threat to keep teams from stacking the box the whole game.

4) Agree; Elliot will be a storyline in the media sometime this season.

5) The D line will have growing pains for the first 4 games this season. Their play will be good to great at times and then below average at times. Run stopping is going to be an issue. I see teams with good RB's averaging close to 5 YPC and eating the clock on us early in the season. Whammy will make some adjustments and the line will learn from game experience to finish the season as a solid front.

6) Skai will be a stud this season. Unfortunately, it will be because he has to be to make up for deficiencies in other areas of the D.

7) The secondary will gel around the 5th or 6th game. ECU and Mizzou will be their toughest tests of the early season. GA will pass more than expected and have some success.

1. Texas A&M (Carolina wins 38-34 with a come from behind TD at the end of the game.)
2. East Carolina (Carolina wins 21-20)
3. Georgia (Carolina loses 27-35. Our run D is exposed but gains experience.)
4. @Vandy (Carolina wins 17-14 Elliot boots the winner for us and the D stops Vandy on the last drive.
5. Missouri (Carolina loses 24-34. Mizzou gets revenge for last year.)
6. @Kentucky (Carolina wins 42-24. O and D gel for a solid performance.)
7. Furman (Carolina wins 34-24. A lackluster performance but no major breakdowns.)
8. @Auburn (Carolina wins 25-24. Fry fakes an extra point kick and runs it in for 2 points and the win.)
9. Tennessee (Carolina wins 14-10. An emotional letdown from Auburn game but the defense does enough to get us the W.)
10. @Florida (Carolina loses 21-37. We get down early and Dylan is forced to pass resulting in a 3 Int game. Just too many turnovers to overcome.)
11. South Alabama (Carolina wins 41-10. A feel good win after last weeks loss.)
12. @Clemson (Carolina loses 28-31. Watson runs and throws for over 350 yards in his best game of the season.)

Fans are mostly disappointed about our bowl game but still show up full force because it is the last chance to see our Gamecocks play for several months.

I hope I am wrong about the losses, especially clemson, but my overall feeling preseason is we will miss Shaw and our D will struggle early stopping the run.
I think Clemson loses way to much talent from last year's team to beat us in 2014. They are losing 5-6 of their best players, and a QB with no experience is going to be ugly for them.

Missouri has lost a ton of talent from last year's team (QB, both DE in the NFL, WR, etc) not to mention the guys getting kicked off the team. They have 5-7 written all over them.

Your Florida scenario looks exactly like the game we played there in 2012.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #66
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think Clemson loses way to much talent from last year's team to beat us in 2014. They are losing 5-6 of their best players, and a QB with no experience is going to be ugly for them.

Missouri has lost a ton of talent from last year's team (QB, both DE in the NFL, WR, etc) not to mention the guys getting kicked off the team. They have 5-7 written all over them.

Your Florida scenario looks exactly like the game we played there in 2012.
Missouri won't be as good as they were in 2013 but they won't drop down to 5-7. They will probably be more along the lines of 10-2 or 9-3.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote