CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
smoovecock
b381l
kick_ball
Lalli25
thekob
etowngangsta
The Yancey
l^l^lBGCock
Lonnie
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPUR (3180)
Rebutting Dabo's Ran (2520)
Good Omen for Saturd (1856)
Starting Lineup Anno (1768)
Cant believe no one (1549)
Suspicious sign-in a (675)
Poster on another si (615)
We Have to Pass (536)
Spurrier weekly pres (530)
SOS needs to put thi (468)
This would be awesome....
USC/clemson spread
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Ninety Six 21 Abbeville
Cant believe no one has s
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPURRIER
Odell Becham Catch
We Have to Pass
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
2014 Class AA Division I

Old 05-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #21
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material
Default Re: Help an Aggie out

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
The guy wants a good time, and you can have WAY more fun in Columbia than if you go to the Vista with a bunch of yuppie douchebags and chodes.

I'm telling you man, head to Two Notch. Place is wild.

You don't want to stand in a Buffalo Wild Wings drinking a fcking Blue Moon listening to Zac Brown Band, that shit is boring.
Don't listen to this guy. Two Notch Road is nothing but run-down strip malls, Cash 4 Gold stores, and crack-head prostitutes.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #22
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Do NOT listen to anything Spareparts says and do not go anywhere near Two Notch or Broad River areas. Seriously.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #23
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Honestly, from what you're describing you want, I would go to 5 points. The issues with gun violence in 5 points are extremely overblown and you really are not in much danger. If you are wanting to party your balls off with young college chicks then you need to go to 5 points. It is a spot for undergrads or even recent grads too. There are a ton of bars packed into 5 points so you can hop from bar to bar until you find a scene you like. It is a shit show.

If you want to have some drinks with a bunch of "young professionals" in nicer bars in a nicer area, then go to the Vista. There is a club called Social in The Vista that has live music sometimes and is pretty popular right now. Also, the Tin Roof has some fun live music acts and is usually pretty packed as well. Liberty Taproom usually has a DJ and a good crowd. World of Beer is nice environment with a huge selection of beers and live music sometimes. Oyster Bar has live music sometimes and a nice raw bar in the back- if you like oysters, you should stop in for an oyster shot. Uncle Louie's is the only "5 points-ish" bar in the Vista... meaning its a cheap dive bar. There are other options as well, but those are my favorites.... minus Uncle Louie's.
Good point on Social, I forgot to mention that place in my earlier post. It's become pretty popular. But as you said, from the sound of it this guy needs to go to 5 Points.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #24
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

You can choose not to listen to me, but I'm telling you that the majority of the people on this board are the kind of people who get all excited because they're opening a TGI Friday's near the outlet mall. The highlight of their miserable lives is going to Charleston and Bubba Gump and post it on Instagram. If that's your idea of a good time, then go straight to the Vista and surround yourself with other boring suburbanite sheep. But if you want to eat good food have a good time, see some good clubs, go to Two Notch man
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #25
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 300
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
Don't listen to this guy. Two Notch Road is nothing but run-down strip malls, Cash 4 Gold stores, and crack-head prostitutes.
To be fair, that's the far end of Two Notch, and no one in their right mind would go there. The part from Sandhills to Sesqui has some nice stuff.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #26
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
To be fair, that's the far end of Two Notch, and no one in their right mind would go there. The part from Sandhills to Sesqui has some nice stuff.
Thanks man
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #27
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
You can choose not to listen to me, but I'm telling you that the majority of the people on this board are the kind of people who get all excited because they're opening a TGI Friday's near the outlet mall. The highlight of their miserable lives is going to Charleston and Bubba Gump and post it on Instagram. If that's your idea of a good time, then go straight to the Vista and surround yourself with other boring suburbanite sheep. But if you want to eat good food have a good time, see some good clubs, go to Two Notch man
Don't go to two notch road, that is street walker territory. Five Points is the student scene because it is walking distance from campus, and most of the young folks are there. Also, it is arguably better than what you have in Texas because the bars stay open all night. You will frequently find yourself walking out of a bar, and blinking from the glare of the morning light. Then, find your way to a bacon and eggs and grits place.

I don't know why you guys are relying on a bunch of old people for advice. Just go down to the campus and start milling around with students. That is where you will get some true guidance.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #28
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Don't go to two notch road, that is street walker territory. Five Points is the student scene because it is walking distance from campus, and most of the young folks are there. Also, it is arguably better than what you have in Texas because the bars stay open all night. You will frequently find yourself walking out of a bar, and blinking from the glare of the morning light. Then, find your way to a bacon and eggs and grits place.

I don't know why you guys are relying on a bunch of old people for advice. Just go down to the campus and start milling around with students. That is where you will get some true guidance.
5 points does not stay open all night. Last call is 1:30 AM except for Friday nights at 3:30 AM. Atleast that's how it was a few years ago. Bar None does stay open later I believe.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #29
Here4Beer
Walk On

Male

Here4Beer has feathers coming inHere4Beer has feathers coming in

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm sure we'll go to different places at 5 points and the Vista since we're gonna be there for several nights. We'll figure it out! We go out in Houston all the time so I'm sure it's no more dangerous than that, just use good judgement and it'll buff out!

Also, 1 last question. Being a Texan and a lover of all things bbq I'm really looking forward to getting authentic Carolina BBQ. Best place for that?

Here4Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #30
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Prepare yourself for a five page long pissing match on BBQ joints.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #31
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

5 points is riddled with Gangs after dark. You'll have a much better time in The Vista.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #32
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
5 points does not stay open all night. Last call is 1:30 AM except for Friday nights at 3:30 AM. Atleast that's how it was a few years ago. Bar None does stay open later I believe.
Dang, things have gone downhill since I was a student. Of course, it was only the private clubs (wink wink) that were open all night, Group Therapy, and some others.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #33
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4Beer View Post
We go out in Houston all the time so I'm sure it's no more dangerous than that, just use good judgement and it'll buff out!
Good point.

Quote:
Also, 1 last question. Being a Texan and a lover of all things bbq I'm really looking forward to getting authentic Carolina BBQ. Best place for that?
If you guys are up for a 30-45 drive at lunchtime, this place is the real deal. Closed on Wed tho, so it looks like you'll miss your window to eat there. Jackie Hite's is excellent as well.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #34
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm sure we'll go to different places at 5 points and the Vista since we're gonna be there for several nights. We'll figure it out! We go out in Houston all the time so I'm sure it's no more dangerous than that, just use good judgement and it'll buff out!

Palmetto Pig is one spot you should check out for some good bbq.

http://www.palmettopig.com/

Oh, and if you order tea in South Carolina it comes as sweet. It is the complete opposite of what I have found living in Houston. I'm not the biggest tea drinker, but thought I would point it out for you.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #35
TakeEM
Recruit

Male

TakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his claws

5 points will be crawling with 21-25 year olds. The bars are back to back to back, and there will be young people everywhere. Drinks will be cheap, and drunk horny undergrads will be abundant. HOWEVER, it is located next to a ghetto area, and there is a crime problem in the area. Law enforcement seems to focus its efforts on harassing college kids, and seems to let the "thugs" roam freely.

The vista has nicer bars but they are spread out. These bars typically host young and old professionals. The partying is not nearly as wild (except for tin roof).

I would stay at a hotel in the vista. Get dinner in the Vista, then head to 5 points, then make my way to the Tin Roof before calling it a night.
TakeEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #36
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

BBQ is a topic of contention. Everybody's a critic. I do hear Jackie Hite's is great but I've never eaten there. Shealeys is right down the road from Hite's and has more reasonable working hours. Both of those are like 45 minutes from Columbia. If you want to stay in the greater Columbia area, Palmetto Pig is right downtown and I've heard mostly good things. 3 Little Pigs is another option where I've heard good and bad things and is a bit further out. There a chain called Hudson's Smokehouse that a lot of people like... I'd recommend Palmetto Pig from what I've heard. They keep odd hours though. SC prides itself on BBQ but Columbia doesn't have much of a BBQ scene unfortunately.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #37
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:

http://bbq.discoversouthcarolina.com/

here are some suggestions
Old 05-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #38
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 224722
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Being from Texas, y'all aren't going to like South Carolina's mustard based sauces.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #39
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Being from Texas, y'all aren't going to like South Carolina's mustard based sauces.
This was coming sooner or later...

"People not from the south, think BBQ means cookout, and that's something they're wrong about...."

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #40
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Not all of SC is mustard based. That is the Low Country style. Personally, I like the vinegar based, but that is NC style. Technically, it is still Carolina BBQ.