CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
GamecockSuperFan
l^l^lBGCock
A. Pilgrim
robgusc76
cocks are us
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
jellafever
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2549)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (1024)
Herbstreit on " (946)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (936)
SEC QB's in the Red (918)
Little know stat (We (872)
Gamecockology Helms (826)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (674)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (508)
Where do you like to (430)
We're going to the NCAA T
This season and recruitin
Chances we win out now?
Halo: Master Chief Collec
Where do you like to sit
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Tennessee - South Carolin
Little know stat (Week 10
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING

Old 05-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #21
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: Top ten receivers in BCS era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
So you would rather have Sammy Watkins instead of Alshon Jeffery on this list? lol

Alshon Jeffery was a game changer and could not be covered by any corner, whether it was Alabama's best, or Georgia's best. He deserves to be in the top 10, and if you wan't my honest opinion, that last year he should have won the WR award. He was not in an Air Raid offense that threw the ball 45 times a game. He was a shut down WR that no corner could cover, and still cannot cover in the NFL.
I never said I wanted Watkins nor believe he is top 10, (but please do the usual, he's a tater remark) please tell me where you see that?

Sorry I just don't believe Alshon is one of the best college WRs in the last 16 years.

Also what's a "shut down wr?" Literally never heard that term, EVER.
But really not too surprising.

Also tell me, why not Josh Reed?
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #22
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

The first two must be on there, then after that it is anyone's guess.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #23
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I never said I wanted Watkins nor believe he is top 10, (but please do the usual, he's a tater remark) please tell me where you see that?

Sorry I just don't believe Alshon is one of the best college WRs in the last 16 years.

Also what's a "shut down wr?" Literally never heard that term, EVER.
But really not too surprising.

Also tell me, why not Josh Reed?
Tell me why not Alshon? Who has caught more one handed TDs in history? Alshon has a few, and many more outside the line. My definition of a shut down WR, is the same as a corner, except this guy shuts down corners. They cannot cover him, no matter how much pass interference they choose to use.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #24
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Didn't know "1 handed TD catches" was a stat.

Why not him? Because he had one year where he performed at an elite level And it showed. His junior year was very mediocre.

Honestly I would give it to Sidney before Alshon considering he played with a far less superior team (QB, offensive weapons around him etc).
Sidney practically carried that 05 team, Alshon had a QB who passed for over 3000 yards, and a RB who was an All American
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #25
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

I hold Sidney and Alshon in the same regard yet no one is bringing Sid up.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #26
GamecockGuardsman
Two Deep

Male

GamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
You're kidding, right?

I agree...Broyles was a great WR at OU.

349 Rec
4586 yards
45 TD

During his senior year...he had 1157 yards with 10 TD. He tore his ACL in the K-State game if I remember correctly. Would have had more yards and been one of the top WR's in draft if he didn't get hurt.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #27
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Sammy < Deandre Hopkins < Alshon Jeffery

This list is garbage.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #28
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

How is Sammy even considered? I know he is fast, no one denies that. But hell, other than Sammy Potkins nickname, he was also nick named Sammy Dropkins. I have seen him drop so many passes against us, FSU, its crazy. He is fast as lightning, no doubt, but he has butterfingers, and if he knows a corner is cutting in on him, he will drop the pass every time. Not that hard to catch passes against BC or Maryland. Against tougher competition, he folded like a lawn chair, much like his QB.