CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
JerseyBird
NockNock
Wisercock
kingofnerf
Gamecocks1137
Senior Rooster
Kuhn
GamecockWarrior
TastyLicks
Bank of America Stad (3228)
The most exciting ta (1740)
LSUFreek GIF of Shon (1587)
The Demise of Spurri (1513)
Mitch vs Shaw (1388)
Predict Win/Loss Rec (1340)
Upstate Radio (1317)
I thought the Gameco (1115)
Anything that can't (807)
Our 1b rb had a roug (800)
Public Service Announceme
Calm down, guys.... I bel
Someone who shined agains
Anything that can't be fi
Bank of America Stadium t
2015 College Football Dis
SIAP: Film Breakdown on S
Getting plays in from the
Mitch vs Shaw
2016 Commitment - Bryan E

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #6001
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Tommy Hatton

Quote:
*Tommy Hatton: Out of Montvale (N.J.) St. Joseph Regional, the four-star guard worked out at center and was dominant in 1-on-1s. A passionate player with a unique toughness, Hatton finishes his blocks and is a nasty, powerful player. He was also awarded MVP honors for his position group. South Carolina and Maryland are sitting pretty with this rugged player at this point in the recruiting process.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Jersey-...-More-28361082

Quote:
USC and Maryland are “neck-and-neck” for OL Tommy Hatton of Montvale, NJ. The Gamecocks offered Hatton April 14th and have given the young man a lot to think about.
“I really like them a lot and I think they like me a lot,” he said. “Coach Elliott was at my school today and I hear they are really interested. I didn’t get to talk to him today but I do get to talk to those coaches a lot on Facebook.”
Hatton will visit USC for the second time June 18th. He plans to announce his commitment during ‘The Opening” in Oregon this summer.
“I just love South Carolina,” he said. “Everything about it is great. It’s beautiful down there and they have that stadium. Plus, they’ve been really good lately and just keep winning. No one has ever told me a bad thing about them.”
He feels similarly about the Terrapins.
‘”I love their coaches and the campus,” Hatton said. “I think they’re starting to get some big-time players to go there too. It’s close to home but not too close and they’re moving to the Big 10.”
Hatton has other offers but, as of now, it’s a two-school race for his services. “They’re my two favorites but that doesn’t mean someone else couldn’t slip in there at some point,” he added.
Some of those other offers are Boston College, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Rutgers and Louisville.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...al-the-choice/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-02-2014 at 12:13 AM..
Old 05-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #6002
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Brandon Wimbush

Quote:
*Brandon Wimbush: The Top247 quarterback out of Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peterís Prep has as strong a high school arm you're going to find. The spiral isn't always tight but he's pretty accurate, just needs a little polishing. Really good athlete and he obviously has good film. Camp counselors awarded him position MVP honors for the day. He will soon decide between Ohio State and Penn State with another trip to see the Buckeyes coming up next.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #6003
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Grant Newsome

Quote:
Mclean (Va.) Lawrenceville School Top247 offensive tackle Grant Newsome could have easily won offensive line MVP honors and been invited to The Opening as well. Perhaps he still will. Has the ideal frame one wants in a left tackle, has nice length, he can bend, he keeps defensive linemen off him, not letting them get their hands on him. Newsome didn’t’ want to name any leaders but spoke highly about Michigan and Penn State and plans to visit again in June. He also said good things about Ohio State, Alabama and LSU.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #6004
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Matthew Burrell

Article via 247

Quote:
Woodbridge (Va.) C.D. Hylton Top100 offensive tackle Matthew Burrell punched his ticket, also winning MVP honors for his position group. Great center of gravity, tremendous balance, advanced mentally, good first and second punch, basically a stone wall. Burrell stood out in 1-on-1s, especially on his final three reps, wins against Penn State bound defensive tackle Adam McLean. Burrell said he has great relationships with Urban Meyer at Ohio State and James Franklin at Penn State, and that he’s also excited about getting down to Alabama this summer. Florida rounds out his current lead group with LSU also in line for an official.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Washing...-More-28346423

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-01-2014 at 11:26 PM..
Old 05-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #6005
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Darius Slayton

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/rec...cut-4-star-db/
Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #6006
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Jalen Thompson

He tweeted his top 5.
1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. South Carolina
4. Miami
5. Clemson
Old 05-01-2014, 11:27 PM   #6007
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Bryce Love

Quote:
Running back Bryce Love, out of Wake Forest (N.C.) Rolesville, who also won MVP honors for his position, ran the dayís fastest 40-yard dash, clocking a 4.30. He also showed how athletic and fluid he was running through drills. Love says Tennessee is recruiting him the hardest with North Carolina right there. N.C. State and East Carolina are also showing high interest, with Loveís older brother currently a player for the Pirates. Stanford is a program Love has high interest in.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #6008
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Tim Settle

Quote:
-Manassas (Va.) Stonewall Jackson five-star defensive tackle Tim Settle looked good at 323-pounds, a lot of it muscle. During 1-on-1s, he was at his best using his spin move. He said the three programs making him feel like the biggest priority were Florida State, Tennessee and Clemson. His favorites change often.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #6009
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Bryce Love

ho lee chit that is fast. hand timed I am assuming?
Old 05-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #6010
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Aramis "A.J." Alexander

Quote:
Burke (Va.) Lake Braddock four-star receiver A.J. Alexander was one of the more physically impressive prospects on the field at 6-foot-4, 220-pounds, looking more like an outside linebacker on the hoof. He’s a good football player, strong route runner and he can go up and get the football. Defensive backs were no match for him on this day. Wisconsin looks like the team to beat, and he looks forward to visiting Madison this summer.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #6011
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Harry Lewis

Committed to Virginia Tech.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #6012
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Aramis "A.J." Alexander

jebus he is big
Old 05-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #6013
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Ben Edwards - Ohio State

Flipped to Auburn.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #6014
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Dexter Williams - Miami

Re-opening

Quote:
Winter Garden (Fla.) West Orange running back and current Miami commit Dexter Williams expects South Carolina running backs coach Everette Sands by his school on Thursday. Despite his pledge to the Hurricanes, the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Williams has stated he will continue through the recruiting process and possibly take other official visits.
"Coach Sands has been on me hard and they are showing lots of love every day," Williams said of the Gamecocks.
247Sports currently ranks Williams as the nation's No. 60 overall prospect and the No. 4 running back in the 2015 class.
per 247 Bolt

Old 05-01-2014, 11:57 PM   #6015
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Brandon Sandifer

Quote:
Warner Robins (Ga.) Northside four-star offensive lineman Brandon Sandifer is considered one of the top prospects in Georgia, and the 6-foot-4, 335-pound prospect has had several coaches come by in the last week. On Friday Clemson Robbie Caldwell stopped by his school and yesterday Alabama assistant Kirby Smart and South Carolina assistant Kirk Botkin checked in on Sandifer.
per 247 Bolt

Old 05-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #6016
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Lamar Jackson

Quote:
West Virginia assistant JaJuan Seider, the Mountaineers Palm Beach County area recruiter, is expected to visit Boynton Beach (Fla.) four-star quarterback Lamar Jackson on Thursday. The 6-foot-3, 185-pound Jackson is high on WVU along with Florida State, South Carolina and UCF.
247Sports' No. 11 dual-threat signal caller in the 2015 class has a Crystal Ball that is pointing to West Virginia currently.
per 247 Bolt

Old 05-02-2014, 12:11 AM   #6017
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Traveon Samuel

Quote:
He is not ready to reveal his top four but RB Traveon Samuel of Phenix City, AL was comfortable sharing that USC is one of those teams. Samuel has built a strong relationship with USC assistant Grady Brown and plans to visit Columbia this summer.
“Coach Brown is a really good guy and he’s been by to see me a couple of times,” Samuel said. “We keep up with each other on Facebook. They’re just telling me that they’d like me to visit so I can experience everything first hand. I think I fit in really well with their offense.”
His offers include USC, Clemson, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Louisville and Duke.
Samuel also plans to visit Florida State over the summer and it will not be his first trip to Tallahassee, He attended the Miami-FSU game last season.
His most recent trip was to Auburn, a school he is very familiar with. “I can visit there anytime because it’s so close to home,” he said,
Brown is expected to stop by his school before spring practice concludes. He does not have a time frame for a commitment.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...our-favorites/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #6018
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Darius Slayton

Quote:
USC is firmly in the mix with WR Darius Slayton (6-2 182) of Norcross, GA despite the fact he couldn’t make it in for the spring game and has yet to visit. He has been to Georgia and Alabama.
‘I like South Carolina a lot,” Slayton said. “Obviously, there’s coach Spurrier and his offensive system. I like his style of ball. That’s a good fit for me. Overall, his resume is impeccable. They’ve got a great coaching staff and they’ve got a good program going up there.”
Slayton added that he’s in regular contact with USC recruiter GA Mangus.
Slayton’s offers include Clemson as well but he’s not hearing that much from the Tigers. He also has offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Wisconsin, LSU, North Carolina, NC State, Texas A&M and several others.
Last season Slayton had 33 catches for 940 yards and 8 touchdowns. He also plays cornerback and had 14 tackles and 1 interception last season.
He has been invited to The Opening in July in Oregon.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ll-interested/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #6019
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - RayRay McCloud III

Quote:
ATH RayRay McCloud of Tampa was able to visit both Clemson and USC during spring practice. McCloud enjoyed the two visits but is not sure if he will return to either school for a future visit. McCloud is getting ready for his own spring practice and does not have any future visits scheduled.
Each school stood out to McCloud for varying reasons. He said that he remains interested in both.
“What stood out at Clemson was the coaches,” he said. “They put God first in everything. What stood out about South Carolina was the intensity of practice. I got to watch them practice and they go hard. That’s why they’re a great program.”
McCloud has visited several schools within the state of Florida but has could not recall any other visits he may have taken.
He said that he does not have any favorites and is unsure of when he will begin to narrow his list.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ring-practice/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #6020
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Amonte Caban

Quote:
Clemson linebackers coach and defensive coordinator Brent Venables joined the race for LB Amonte Caban of Smith’s Station, AL on Monday. Venables made the call to Caban and near the end of a 15 minute conversation surprised Caban with a Tiger offer.
“He said he liked the way I play the game,” Caban said. “He said I have good instincts and I’m good in space and I will fit well with the team. He said he liked my explosiveness and my violent nature.”
Caban was excited to get the Clemson offer. “The offer means a lot,” he said. “It’s a great program up there. I didn’t know I was going to get the offer because I haven’t talked to them much. It really meant a lot to me.”
USC linebackers coach Kirk Botkin offered Caban several weeks ago and the two talked again on Monday.
“He said he wants to coach me and said the same things coach Venables said,” Caban said. “I talk to him about every week.”
Botkin was by Caban’s school last week. Recruiters from Tennessee, Ole Miss, UAB, South Alabama and Southern Miss have also been by. Caban has visited USC, Mississippi State, UAB and Auburn. He was at USC for junior day in March.
“I liked it up there,” he said. “I really liked the weight room.” He plans to visit Clemson the first week in June and will make a return trip to USC this summer. He also plans to visit Mississippi State, Louisville and Kentucky.
Caban also has offers from Mississippi State, Kentucky, Cincinnati, UAB, South Alabama, Alabama State, Troy, Jacksonville State, Western Kentucky and Southern Miss. He wants to make his decision by the end of summer.
Last season Caban, who plays inside linebacker, registered 140 tackles and 3 sacks.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...from-venables/

Closed Thread