CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
JerseyBird
qcgamecock
JaxcockFL
Regalcock
GregoryHouse
SCohioBoy
Travelin
Ericvol2096
ccured
Victor Hampton In Th (2371)
Spring Roster notes (1113)
SOS on twitter now (838)
i'll bet you haven't (772)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (754)
Ward breaks down DE (572)
Interview with Spurr (525)
Spring Depth Chart q (336)
Minnie Minoso Dead (284)
25 Reasons You Shoul (239)
Spring Roster notes
**USC Women vs. Kentucky
Ward breaks down DE posit
Victor Hampton In The New
**USC vs. Clemson GAME #3
SOS on twitter now
450 Million fans
Interview with Spurrier
2016 - Saivion Smith
Going to my first basebal

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 12:17 AM   #6021
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Will Gragg

Quote:
TE Will Gragg (6-4 240) of Pine Bluff, AK has gotten to know some of the USC coaches in the last month. He said the Gamecocks have offered and that has him interested in a visit.
Gragg likes what he has heard so far from the coaches at USC. “They told me they like my versatility and that they like to spread the ball around,”he said. “I’ve followed their team and seen guys like Justice Cunningham come through there. They have a good history of tight ends.”
As interested as he may be, USC will have their work cut out for them to pry him away from the Midwest.
“I would like to play somewhere close enough to home where my family could watch me play,” Gragg said. “I’m not saying that I wouldn’t go somewhere else though. If a school blows me away and I feel like I can succeed athletically and academically there, I would go.”
Gragg has over 30 offers includingUSC, Alabama, Auburn, Texas, Notre Dame, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Florida State, Oregon, Georgia, Miami, Michigan, Tennessee, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.
“I’ve already visited Texas, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, and Ole Miss,” he said. “You know, schools that I can drive to. This summer I would like to visit schools like South Carolina, FSU and Oregon.”
Gragg likes “all schools that have offered me” and does not have any favorites. His brother is a tight end at Arkansas.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...t-this-summer/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-02-2014, 12:17 AM   #6022
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Nyqwan Murray

Quote:
WR Nyqwan Murray (5-11 165) of Orlando said he will name his top five following spring practice. Though he does not have a list just yet, he is sure of one thing, USC is his leader.
Murray has not visited Columbia but plans to do so this summer. “They have a great head coach,” he said. “I like their team. They’re always finishing at the top of the SEC and I think they’re close to winning a championship.”
Murray has only visited Miami and Florida and enjoyed both trips but their locations may play in the favor of the Gamecocks. “I want to leave the state of Florida,” Murray said.
His offers include USC, Cincinnati, Duke, Akron, East Carolina, Ohio, Kent State, Indiana and Temple with interest from Ohio State, Florida, Florida State, Nebraska and Central Florida among others.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-a-short-list/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #6023
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Albert Huggins

Quote:
Orangeburg-Wilkinson DL Albert Huggins, to no one’s surprise, is a must see for recruiters during this spring evaluation period. Clemson’s Marion Hobby and USC’s Everette Sands were among the coaches to stop by last week to check in on Huggins.
Huggins said he didn’t talk to either coach in person because of the rules and only got a chance to shake hands, but he talked with both via social media and phone later on.
“We don’t talk much about football,” Huggins said of those conversation. “We talk about family and how they are doing and what I’ve got to do this season.”
Huggins was actually at USC Saturday for a physical and contacted Sands to see if he could come to the campus to visit with him but Sands couldn’t make it due to family duties.
Other schools to come thru last week to see Huggins were North Carolina, NC State and Florida. Huggins said he talked with Florida recruiter Brad Lawing by phone after Lawing left the school. He said Michigan State might come thru this week.
Huggins has been to Clemson and USC, he said about five times each so he’s plenty familiar with each. He said he will try to visit Georgia in the next week or two and he wants to visit Florida this summer.
“I’ve got to get out to see other schools to get a feel for them,” he said. “I’m getting the most love from Clemson, USC and North Carolina but those are not a top three. How can I have a top three when I’ve only been to those three schools?”
Huggins said he will be graduating in December so he will make his decision soon after his season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...o-w-last-week/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:20 AM   #6024
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Austin Bryant

Quote:
LB Austin Bryant of Thomasville, GA recently released his top ten and included Clemson and USC on the list. He has been to Clemson before but has not been to USC, the Tigers are in a little better position with him from a knowledge and comfort standpoint.
Bryant talked to Clemson recruiter Danny Pearman Wednesday night and talks with defensive line coach Marion Hobby once a week. “We talk about football and more than football,” Bryant said. “They’re coming to see my spring practice in a few weeks and I’m going up there soon. I’m looking forward to that. I like them. They have a good scheme. They are graduating a lot of players so there’s a chance to come in and compete.”
Bryant has already decided that Clemson will get one of his official visits this fall as will Stanford.
Bryant also planned to talk to USC recruiter Kirk Botkin this week and is looking to learn more about the Gamecocks. “I don’t know them all that well but I’ve talked to coach Botkin numerous times and he sounds like a great guy.”
Bryant wants to visit USC this spring along with Stanford and Notre Dame. He has been to Florida State and Florida. He also plans to attend a Clemson camp this summer but only as a spectator.
Bryant will cut his list again this summer and may have a decision in August.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ing-about-usc/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #6025
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Davon Durant

Quote:
LB Da’von Durant of Butler Junior College, KS said last week he would commit to USC this week when he met with recruiter Kirk Botkin. That meeting took place on Tuesday. The commitment did not.
“It went well, it went real well,” Durant said of the meeting. “We talked about the defense they are running, school, academics, a little bit of everything. I didn’t commit. I’m going to wait and get out and visit and see what’s out there and make a decision then. Ain’t noting going to change as far as right now.”
Durant said academics is not the issue. “I’m just going to go visit some places and see what else is out there,” he said. “Me and coach Botkin have a great relationship. We talk almost every day. He didn’t say too much about going ahead and commit. I think he feels pretty strong with me. He said he’s ready to get me back home and get me on the field to make plays. I think I feel it in my heart but just trying not to cause too much commotion right now and go out and visit some places.”
Durant said Botkin is ready to take his commitment anytime but he’d like to visit USC first just to get a closer look. “I really just want to get out there and visit and really get a feeling and see some stuff on film of what defense they are running. I want to see how well I fit in that defense. If I fit perfect I’ll make the decision then.”
Durant said he would like visit Texas A&M, Florida State and Arizona State along with a trip to USC this summer. A recruiter from Texas A&M was out Tuesday and Florida State was in Thursday.
Durant added that while at Butler Botkin talked to his roommate DL Ulric Jones who is from Alabama and left him his card.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...tment-for-now/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #6026
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Jordan Scarlett - Florida Atlantic

Quote:
Though he was unable to make the spring game at USC, RB Jordan Scarlett of Fort Lauderdale has plans to make an official visit to USC. Scarlett is committed to Florida Atlantic but continues to show interest in other schools. He remains in contact with USC assistant coaches. “I talk to coach Grady (Brown) all of the time,” Scarlett said. “We’re building a good relationship.”
Scarlett said a track meet prevented him from attending the Garnet and Black Game this spring. He also named Wisconsin and UCLA as other destinations for official visits.
“I’ll take all five of my official visits out-of-state,” he said. “I’ll still visit in-state schools but I won’t take any officials (visits) in Florida.”
His former teammate LB Skai Moore has also spoken to Scarlett about the USC program. “He is just telling me how things work and how they’re working towards winning a national championship,” Scarlett said.
He remains committed to Florida Atlantic but did not name a leader. Scarlett is not sure when his official visit to USC will take place.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...c-in-the-fall/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #6027
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Austin Clark

Quote:
OL Austin Clark of Lexington, VA has seen his offer list grow to more than 15 and Thursday he plans to reveal on Twitter his final seven list. Clemson and USC are among his offers and have been active with Clark in recent days.
“I talked to (Clemson recruiter) coach Caldwell on Twitter and Facebook and (USC recruiter) and coach Elliott was by the school the other day,” Clark said. “I didn’t talk to him but I did talk to him on Twitter. Both of them remain very interested. I’m really high on their boards and they would like to have me.”
Clark visited USC for a spring practice session. He was at Virginia Tech last week and he’s also been to Ohio State. Recruiters from Miami and Virginia are coming in this week to see him. He also has offers from Tennessee, Penn State, North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, Maryland, Temple, Rutgers, West Virginia and Vanderbilt.
“I pretty much know who the seven are going to be,” Clark said. “The main thing I was able to think about was how I feel not just around the coaches and the football side of thing but also more of the school side of things like class size, majors and professors.”
Clark plans to release his information via Twitter sometime Thursday afternoon.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...a-final-seven/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #6028
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Sterling Johnson

Quote:
DL Sterling Johnson (6-5 290) of Clayton, NC is one of the top prospects in his state coming off of a season of 80 tackles and 8 sacks. “He’s a great kid with a high motor,” said his coach Marc Morris. “He plays hard from whistle to whistle. He plays on the inside but gets out on screens and makes tackles. He really moves. And he plays with his hands well and has really long arms.”
The recruiting process is heating up for Johnson who holds offers from Clemson, USC, Florida, NC State, Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia and Michigan.
“He’s enjoying it riding around and visiting a bunch of schools,” Morris said. “He’s been somewhere each weekend. Alabama, Florida State, South Carolina, Clemson. He has not narrowed his list. Once spring is over he wants to set down and look at every possibility and try to pick the best one.”
Recruiters from Clemson and USC are expected to be thru the school to check on Johnson during this spring evaluation period.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ensive-tackle/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #6029
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Martez Ivey

Quote:
OL Martez Ivey (6-6 280) of Apopka, FL has several schools courting him and because of that has decided to slow things down. Ivey is considering a visit to USC this summer but said that nothing is official.
“I haven’t really talked to (USC) in a while but that’s because I’ve sort of told coaches I’m not talking right now,” Ivey said. “I’m really just focusing on high school football and not thinking about recruiting.”
Ivey said there may be some interest in the Gamecocks but added that he would need to visit before he knew for sure.
“You can’t really know until you get up there and see how it is,” he said. “I might visit but, to be honest, I don’t really know right now.”
He did see USC play in Orlando last season when the Gamecocks visited Central Florida. SInce then, he has only taken a handful of visits. “I’ve been to Florida a couple of times,” Ivey said. “I’ve been up to Florida State and to Alabama and Auburn. Obviously, they’re all big-time programs that gave me a lot to think about.”
He expects USC assistant Everett Sands to visit him during spring ball. Ivey has not narrowed his list nor does he have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ter-this-year/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #6030
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Michael Barnett

Quote:
There has been no change in the top five for DE Michael Barnett of Woodland.
Barnett has named NC State, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Florida State and Georgia in no order as his favorites. He is also showing interest in Clemson and said that the coaches have maintained contact with him.
“I talk to coach (Marion) Hobby,” he said. “He checks in on me. They just want to get me on campus. I’ll probably visit this summer.”
Barnett had considered visiting Georgia over his spring break but did not make the trip. He competes in track and field and said his team is preparing for the regional. With no definitive dates set for upcoming visits, expect Barnett to get busy this summer. “I want to enroll early so I would need to commit sometime before then,” he said.
Barnett did visit USC last month but acknowledged there is little going on between the Gamecocks and him.
He does not have a date set for an announcement nor does he have a leader.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-recent-weeks/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #6031
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Justin Hilliard

Quote:
USC is one of over 30 offers for LB Justin Hilliard of Cincinnati and he is planning a visit to Columbia this summer. He has not yet set the date and he’s undecided about other visits right now.
“I’m going to wait until after my spring break and then I’ll start narrowing it down and looking at which schools I’m going to visit,” he said.
Though he does not have any favorites, Hilliard expressed interest in USC. “I don’t know much about the academics and that kind of stuff, but the football program speaks for itself,” Hilliard said. “They’ve obviously got a very good program. I keep in touch with the coaches and they don’t tell me too much. They just tell me they want to get me on campus so I can see for myself.”
His previous visits include Alabama and Oklahoma. He did not name any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...c-this-summer/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #6032
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Micah Abernathy

Quote:
DB Micah Abernathy (6-1 185) of Norcross, GA is up to 21 offers including USC, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Duke. He has not reduced his list as he wants to take his time to see all of is options.
USC has been actively recruiting Abernathy and he’s been talking with recruiter GA Mangus. “He’s a cool guy,” Abernathy said. “I’m going to try to visit there soon.”
One of the attractions to him from the Gamecocks’ standpoint is that he has family in the Charleston area.
Abernathy played mostly running back last season but said the Gamecocks, and most of the others, like him as a cornerback.
Abernathy has visited Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Duke and Cincinnati. He does not have favorites and is not sure when he’ll make a decision.
Last season he rushed for 1664 yards and 22 touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ooking-at-usc/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #6033
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Darian Roseboro

Quote:
DE Darian Roseboro (6-5 265) of Lincolnton, NC is one of the top prospects in the Tar Heel state for 2015 and right now Clemson and USC are factoring strongly into his recruiting. He as 30 offers and plans to narrow his list by the end of May. The Tigers and Gamecocks are in good shape to make the cut.
Roseboro visited Clemson in January for a junior day. “It was really nice,” he said. “If I had a top ten, I’d put them up there. My family really likes it there and we’ve been there a lot. I really like their defensive scheme. I fit into their defensive scheme.”
Roseboro has also seen USC and gives the Gamecocks high marks as well. “They have really nice football facilities and I like the coaching staff. Their defensive end plays multiple positions and it allows you to get different looks and make plays. USC would also be in the top 10 if I had one. I’ll get a top 10 by end the end of May and get down to 5 by the end of the summer. I want to make a decision by around mid-season and before the playoffs because I’m graduating early.”
Roseboro also has visited NC State, Duke, North Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio State and Vanderbilt. Some of his other offers are Michigan, West Virginia, Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas, Alabama, Auburn and Georgia. He said he has no preference between staying in state or leaving.
Last season Roseboro had 125 tackles with 21 for loss and 11 sacks.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...hortened-list/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #6034
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Byron Cowart

Quote:
Rated as one of the top prospects for the 2015 class by several publications, DE Byron Cowart of Seffner, FL is considering a trip to USC over the summer. Cowart has Oregon has his leader but said he is considering several schools.
“They are my leader but there is not much difference between them and a lot of other schools that have offered,” he said.
Cowart has offers from just about every major program in the country to include Clemson and USC. He said that he is interested in both. His high school teammate, OL Cody Waldrop, plays for the Gamecocks.
“Cody talks to me a lot and let’s me know what is going on up there,” he said. “He just tells me what a great opportunity it is to play early and, of course, I know all about (Jadeveon) Clowney.”
Clemson assistant Marion Hobby is Cowart’s connection to the Tigers. “I know he went to Tennessee and played in the NFL,” he said of Hobby. “He talks to me a lot about what they have to offer and I feel like I fit their scheme. It’s another school that would give me an opportunity to play early.”
Cowart plans to attend The Opening at Oregon this summer and mentioned Notre Dame and Alabama as other schools he would like to visit.
“I know my teammate visits North Carolina and USC every year and, if he does (this summer), I’ll probably take that trip with him,” Cowart said. “Why not? It would give me a chance to see those schools.”
Cowart is taking his time with the recruiting process. He admitted that he could be more diligent. “Everybody is telling me that I should take more visits and take advantage of my time to see as many places as possible but right now, I just want to get ready for spring practice,” he said.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-visit-to-usc/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:30 AM   #6035
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Auden Tate

Quote:
WR Auden Tate (6-4 200) of Tampa is a target of Clemson and USC along with several others. He began his football career at Dutch Fork before moving to Tampa after his freshman season and he hasn’t forgotten is roots. Both the Tigers and Gamecocks are high up on his list.
“South Carolina and Clemson, I liked them a lot when I was there,” Tate said. “South Carolina throws the ball a lot and they are in the SEC, and that’s appealing. Clemson’s offense is very wide open and I like that a lot. They throw the ball around and are a big play team. South Carolina is one of my favorites because I’m from there. And Clemson also is up there as well.
Tate is expecting coaches to scout him in May during his spring practice. He’s not narrowed his list and will take more visits including USC and Clemson. He has been to South Florida, Florida State, Central Florida and Florida. He also plans to visit Miami.
Tate said Kentucky and Miami have been recruiting him the hardest and he’s talked the most with recruiters from those two. He has offers from Clemson, USC, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Penn State, Vanderbilt, South Florida, Central Florida, Nebraska, Ohio State and Kentucky.
He does not have favorites at this point. “I don’t know yet,” Tate said. “It’s hard to decide right now.”
Last season Tate had 48 catches for 815 yards and 5 touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...almetto-state/

Old 05-02-2014, 12:31 AM   #6036
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Ruben Garnett

Quote:
4/28/2014: Everette Sands from South Carolina Gamecocks visits Ruben Garnett

per 247 Timeline

Old 05-02-2014, 12:32 AM   #6037
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - William Sweet

Committed to North Carolina.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:38 AM   #6038
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2015 - Russell Ude - California

Quote:
Car trouble prevented DL Russell Ude (6-3 260) of Atlanta from attending Clemson’s spring game Saturday but it has not deterred his enthusiasm for the program. Ude said this was his third attempt to visit and something always seems to prevent the trip.
“I’ve got expired tags on my car so I can’t drive it right now and my mom’s car was having break issues,” he said. “It’s frustrating because I really want to get up there.”
Ude has a lot of offers but is still waiting on one from the Tigers. “I think they might have offered me this weekend if I had gone up,” Ude said. “I just haven’t been able to meet with coach (Marion) Hobby in person. I think they want to confirm a few things, like my size, and talk to me in person.”
Ude has strong interest in Clemson and is placing a lot of importance on his education. “It’s a great school academically and my parents aren’t going to let me go anywhere that doesn’t have a good academic reputation,” he said. “They’re also a great program with a great tradition and they’re graduating six defensive linemen next year, so that’s important.”
Ude thinks a Clemson offer could lead to an offer from USC.
“My coach is good friends with coach (Lorenzo) Ward and they’ve been talking about me,” Ude said. “USC is talking to my coach more than me but I think they’re showing interest. It’s the number one International Business school in the country and they’re known for their defenses.”
Ude plans to visit Southern Cal, UCLA, Cal, Notre Dame, Miami, Boston College and Penn State this summer among others. His offers include Boston College, Cal, Cincinnati, Duke, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Harvard, Louisville, Kentucky, Miami, NC State, Michigan State, Penn State, Oregon, Virginia, Wake Forest and Vanderbilt among others. He does not have a favorite.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...d-to-his-list/

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 05-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #6039
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2015 - Torrey Hunt

Quote:
/25/2014: Grady Brown from South Carolina Gamecocks visits Torrey Hunt
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 05-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #6040
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2015 - Collin Reed - Appalachian State

Quote:
4/24/2014: Shawn Elliott from South Carolina Gamecocks visits Collin Reed
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Closed Thread