CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
peterlemon
Cockypantherfan
Kyle76
ccured
18IsTheMan
M.C.
East Carolina Predic (2610)
Why didn't Wes Green (1992)
A&M on 3rd down (1386)
You guys are horribl (933)
All of our defensive (929)
It's the offenses no (912)
louisville (891)
Uniform thread (609)
Did we ever go after (517)
Watching the Georgia (481)
East Carolina Prediction
New to Cockytalk...
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
Nick Chubb
Spurrier Presser
USC/ECU 9/6/20114
3-4 "D" Keep it
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Will Devin ever suit up f
Rankings

Old 05-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons
Default Nick Chubb

This article makes me hurt
Old 05-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Nick Chubb

That article leaves out a big fact.

Spurrier was in Florida for the SEC meetings.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Wow...
Quote:
When asked which school was the biggest disappointment during the recruiting process, Chubb quickly responded, “South Carolina.”
“I had my date set (last spring) when I was going to commit to a school. All of sudden, I hear from South Carolina the next day, so I pushed my time back so I go down there and visit with those coaches. I pushed it back just for them.
“When I go over there to visit, Coach (Steve) Spurrier isn’t even there. So I waited a week and came back to visit again. And he’s still not there. I don’t know. I just didn’t feel like I was important to them.”
Missed opportunity? (AP)
Soon after, Chubb went ahead and committed to UGA. He’s happy with his decision, but admits it would’ve been a lot more difficult if not for the unlikely turn of events.
“It would’ve been close between South Carolina and Georgia because I grew up really liking South Carolina,” Chubb said.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

We had no shot anyways. Spurrier was away on business, he can't cancel just for him. If he thinks he would he either has a big ego or just didn't like us enough to not let it effect him.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

It sucks I really wanted to land Nick. He is going to be a special running back. Plus, people could say "My cock is Chubb"
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
That article leaves out a big fact.

Spurrier was in Florida for the SEC meetings.

True, but it's too bad that we could capitalize on an out of state 5* who grew up rooting for us. That doesn't happen very often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #7
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

If he grew up an SC I wonder why he waited so long to visit, and I wonder why he didn't call or email to make sure he SOS was going to be there. It's not like he stays at the Stadium all day waiting for recruits to show up.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
If he grew up an SC I wonder why he waited so long to visit, and I wonder why he didn't call or email to make sure he SOS was going to be there. It's not like he stays at the Stadium all day waiting for recruits to show up.
He said it all when he said he held off on his commitment to visit South Carolina. He was offered but waited that long to set up a visit and then after already making his decision and ready to announce it. Yea, right.He was considering us....NOT.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #9
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

No matter the reasoning Chubb is a BIG loss. I think part of it was folks were sure of Derrell Scott, and then after he chose Tennessee we lost out on BOTH backs..
Old 05-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #10
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
No matter the reasoning Chubb is a BIG loss. I think part of it was folks were sure of Derrell Scott, and then after he chose Tennessee we lost out on BOTH backs..
He can't be a LOSS because we never had him.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #11
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
He can't be a LOSS because we never had him.
He can be a loss, because apparently he was considering SC. Regardless, of what people believe, I'm going off what HE says. And HE says that he was interested.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #12
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Shouldn't this be in The Locker Room?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #13
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
He can be a loss, because apparently he was considering SC. Regardless, of what people believe, I'm going off what HE says. And HE says that he was interested.
That is nice that he was interested, but we had no shot. You believe too much what people say. The guy just wanted to meet Steve Spurrier and was upset when he didn't. He wasn't interested in USC he was interested in meeting the HBC. That is all.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #14
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Davis, Wilds and Williams just said, "Who?!?"

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #15
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

First of all consider the source. Carvell probably had an agenda in writing that. Chubb did not schedule an official visit with us. He had made it clear he was going to UGA.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #16
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
That is nice that he was interested, but we had no shot. You believe too much what people say. The guy just wanted to meet Steve Spurrier and was upset when he didn't. He wasn't interested in USC he was interested in meeting the HBC. That is all.
Yeah and because he couldn't meet the HBC, he settled for Mark Richt??? It's old news anyway until he or Sony Michel goes 80 yds, and then it'll be brought up again...
Old 05-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #17
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Yeah and because he couldn't meet the HBC, he settled for Mark Richt??? It's old news anyway until he or Sony Michel goes 80 yds, and then it'll be brought up again...
I am saying he already made up his mind to go to UGA. It's nothing to do with Spurrier vs Richt. He wanted to meet Spurrier which why he was disappointed in his visit. It was the reason he showed up.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #18
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
I am saying he already made up his mind to go to UGA. It's nothing to do with Spurrier vs Richt. He wanted to meet Spurrier which why he was disappointed in his visit. It was the reason he showed up.
Understood..
Old 05-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #19
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
No, because he's a whiny little brat that didn't get what he wanted, so he made a decision out of spite.

Whaaaa whaaaa wahaaaa.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #20
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

All this about Chubb not getting to meet SOS is very old news. Frankly, I think this makes him look immature. He should have been paying more attention to his position coach and the other players in the class.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote