CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
GH
conwaycock2
garnet_black215
StormOfTalons
ut_vols13
Gamecock football Lo (2135)
Shaw: Check Out This (1975)
Mike Davis "dou (1846)
Gamecocks D staff re (1262)
The Demise of the 3- (1049)
who thinks we need a (960)
Pirate Depth Chart (914)
Past SEC Champions w (659)
Reginald Bowens (629)
Why didn't Wes Green (530)
East Carolina Prediction
The Demise of the 3-4
Past SEC Champions who ha
What's your take on our a
Connor Shaw Browns
SOS Teleconference
Eastern Michigan's Concre
Mike Davis "doubtful
New app: South Carolina G
Pirate Depth Chart

Old 05-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #61
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
Those must be people with digital downloads. I've never had a loading screen take more than a minute maybe 90 seconds tops. Or maybe with the PS4 having way more details and thus more information to load, it's taking it more time to load.
Those are all people with the physical disc.

The load times are completely borked for this game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #62
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

I wonder if they did the extra 5 gig install. I did and like I said I haven't experienced any long load times. I am on PS3 though. May be that massive amount of data.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #63
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
I wonder if they did the extra 5 gig install. I did and like I said I haven't experienced any long load times. I am on PS3 though. May be that massive amount of data.
It's a 47gig install...and it's mandatory.

The size of the game isn't an excuse. This is by far the worst next-gen game with regards to load times. Hell, DR3 loads the ENTIRE game at one time...one load screen for every single brick in the city...and it's nowhere near as bad as the show 14.

Guess I'll plan my meals around load times...or maybe go for a run.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #64
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Hell I don't know what to tell you. It must be a next gen problem because like I said the worst load time I've seen was maybe 90 seconds. #NextGenProblems.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #65
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
Those are all people with the physical disc.

The load times are completely borked for this game.

Does the game have an autosave feature? I know on my Fallout New Vegas for the 360 it would take a long time to load some areas, and sometimes get locked up on the loading screen, because of the autosave feature. Turned that off, and you would of never guessed the game could load quick. Had to remember to save, but it was better than being able to make a sandwich between some loading screens.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #66
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Does the game have an autosave feature? I know on my Fallout New Vegas for the 360 it would take a long time to load some areas, and sometimes get locked up on the loading screen, because of the autosave feature. Turned that off, and you would of never guessed the game could load quick. Had to remember to save, but it was better than being able to make a sandwich between some loading screens.
I don't know.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #67
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post

Yeah it does. I have my turned off.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #68
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Lot of games have autosave...I'll have to wait and report back on Tuesday.

Early reports don't look good, but we'll see.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #69
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

They finally confirmed over on operationsports.com that there's no preloading...when you purchase the game in the store it says it will be available for download after 12:01am.

Major fail. This is a huge (FIRST PARTY) title. So disappointed.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #70
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Quote:
They finally confirmed over on operationsports.com that there's no preloading...when you purchase the game in the store it says it will be available for download after 12:01am.

Major fail. This is a huge (FIRST PARTY) title. So disappointed.

does that mean I can't play it monday?
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #71
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
does that mean I can't play it monday?
You're getting a physical copy, right? No, you'll be able to play it as soon as you install the game...someone over there said approx 1 hour to install (not sure if it has the option to play a quick game as it installs).

Old 05-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #72
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

I hate having to install games..
Old 05-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #73
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Is there going be anyone that will have played the PS3 and PS4 versions of MLB 14? I want to know, outside of graphics, is there enough of a difference for me to upgrade from the PS3 to a PS4 right now?
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #74
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Is there going be anyone that will have played the PS3 and PS4 versions of MLB 14? I want to know, outside of graphics, is there enough of a difference for me to upgrade from the PS3 to a PS4 right now?
My PS3 copy looks great. I mean if you really want to see every single hair on Brian Wilson's beard, then sure go with the PS4 version. But other than the small graphical differences, nothing is different.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #75
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Sooooo...despite the abortion that was the show 14 PS4 launch, I gotta say, this game looks amazing.

This is my first time ever playing any version of the show, but it feels familiar anyway...not that much different than, say the MVP or 2K series. That's not to say it's not a better game, just that if you've played those titles it seems familiar.

I've only played exhibition so far. Took the braves to Fenway as I wanted to see JBJ play. Love the look of the stadiums...turner field looks fantastic as well.

I'm really digging it so far...an expensive baseball game to be sure (lol), but worth it to me.

And for those wondering about upgrading from the ps3 version, I'd have to think the eye candy is worth the $20 upgrade at GameStop.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #76
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Still mad.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #77
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Threw a no hitter with verlander in my first game.. I have a pic of it but it won't let me upload it
Old 05-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #78
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Still mad.
Yeah. Tell ya what, little feller, I'll own mad if you own douchebag troll. k? k.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #79
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
Threw a no hitter with verlander in my first game.. I have a pic of it but it won't let me upload it
That's awesome.

I had a no-no til the 5th with Teheran, but then walked like 3 in a row and got tagged. Horrible outing.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #80
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Quote:
That's awesome.

I had a no-no til the 5th with Teheran, but then walked like 3 in a row and got tagged. Horrible outing.

I will admit that I only played 7 innings.. (had work) but I set it to 7 before the game so its not like I quit while I had it