CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
b381l
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
Freshman ND WR " (809)
Call of Duty: Advanc (512)
Good Riddance to bad (445)
Keeping tailgate foo (307)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (281)
An A to Z of Noah We (197)
The Comeback & T (196)
Bashing Players, coa (190)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (89)
Wallpaper & Back (77)
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod

Old 05-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #21
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: Todd Mcshay thinks Bruce Ellington will go in the 1st round.

I think people get confused and think every receiver needs to be over 6" 3' or so. It is true that those types of receivers, those who are tall and fast, are very important to any offense. Those guys are going to stretch the field.

But teams also need those fast recievers going across the middle, running slants, slipping out and running exact routes.

I don't think Ellington will be drafted in the first or second round. There are a lot of X receivers that will go before teams draft slot and flankers.

Bruce will be a very good player in the NFL though.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #22
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Being a good basketball player makes you a better WR- you know how to attack the ball in the air and control space and your body while in the air.

Said from day 1 Bruce should have focused on F-Ball, the NBA is extremely difficult to crack into but he has the talent to be a good #2 WR in the NFL.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #23
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Spurrier Jr does it again.

Roland, Byrd, and Cooper are next

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #24
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Don't really know when he'll get drafted, but on a positive note. HE WILL BE DRAFTED. Whoever gets him knows he'll be a starter by fall. Two teams I'd like to see possibly draft him. Carolina or Miami.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #25
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Dont know why but he reminds of the WR's that the Steelers try to draft. He will be good pro and can be solid starter.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #26
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

BRUUUUUCE
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #27
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I'd love to see him get drafted in the first but this year's draft is LOADED with WR talent.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #28
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

If Sammy is a first rounder and he's getting lessons on route running from Bruce and with Bruce's speed and hands, he is first round worthy. Watch the Missouri and Wisconsin games and that's all you need to see.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #29
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Ht - 5 ft 9 in
Wt - 186 lb
40-yd dash - 4.65 s
3-cone -7.09 s
Vert - 30 in
Broad - 9 ft 5 in
BP - 12 reps
All values from Texas Tech Pro Day

Wes Welker, who is I think a good comparison, had worse combine numbers and has done ok at the next level...he ain't the biggest or the fastest but he has great hands, is incredibly reliable, and is a great team player. Ellington has all those attributes and is a little faster and more athletic not to mention, he makes spectacular catches look mundane.

But the question is, "Is he first round material?" I cannot remember when a guy like Bruce went in the first round. I would be thrilled for him if he did, but I just do not see that happening. Welker went undrafted. I do not see that happening either.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #30
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Welker has been a heck of a lot better than "ok" in the nfl.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #31
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Welker has been a heck of a lot better than "ok" in the nfl.
That's my point exactly.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #32
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Bruce has still got a lot of big plays left in him...he's going to make some noise once whoever takes him figures out what he can do.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #33
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Guys a straight out ball player. Just seemed to get better & better the longer he was here. I also think his measurable, other than height, were a positive surprise to the scouts. I hope he gets a good pay day, kid deserves it
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #34
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
except that hes tiny. Not that tiny guys cant succeed but in a draft loaded with wrs its not exactly a selling point. Hes a slot receiver who isnt explosive at the next level, i still say 3rd round.
Wes Welker is tiny. What is your point?
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #35
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Wes Welker is tiny. What is your point?
Welker went undrafted then proved what he was capable of. Teams just do not scramble after slot guys.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #36
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwylie View Post
Welker went undrafted then proved what he was capable of. Teams just do not scramble after slot guys.
Exactly, like i said short guys can be successful. However, most arent and they get beat up quickly. I just dont think of Bruce as explosive, not big plays but being able to break open field tackles and zoom past defenders. I just dont think his game translates exceptionally well to the pros. 3rd round would be high for a slot receiver.

If one team falls in love with him thats all that matters.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #37
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Exactly, like i said short guys can be successful. However, most arent and they get beat up quickly. I just dont think of Bruce as explosive, not big plays but being able to break open field tackles and zoom past defenders. I just dont think his game translates exceptionally well to the pros. 3rd round would be high for a slot receiver.

If one team falls in love with him thats all that matters.
He's more explosive than Welker.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #38
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Bruce is quicker and more solid than Welker. I think he's had bunch of concussions in the NFL.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #39
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Bruce is quicker and more solid than Welker. I think he's had bunch of concussions in the NFL.
Yep, slot receivers take a lot of punishment in the nfl. Thats why you dont draft them very high they have a short career.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #40
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Also this draft is absolutely loaded with wr's. I cant remember a draft with this much wr talent (although im young compared to most of yall). Look where walterfootball has him http://walterfootball.com/draft2014WR.php