CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
Acockolypse Now
eightohhthree
NineInchSpurs
Gamecock Billy
SwampFox
Winston (4392)
ESPN reporter adding (2288)
For the love of God! (1982)
SOS: No QB controve (1867)
Waldrop injured (1690)
Just read this. (1002)
In light of our matc (925)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (887)
How we won the UGA g (818)
Christian Walker cal (548)
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Clemson requires sex hist
ESPN reporter adding to t
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
In light of our matchup w
If this doesn't give you
Davis dinged up again?
Tony Stewart kills Kevin
Winston

Old 05-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #61
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Nick Chubb

Perhaps he was referring to CU /UGA. don't know so I deleted the post. UGA has out recruited us by every major service almost every year. But this isn't even about that, it's about doing everything possible to bring in top talent. A far as Spurrier, he's the best we've had here, I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise. But I'll tell you this, there is always room to do more.

Wanting to meet with the Head Football Coach before you make a decision to commit to a program is NOT unreasonable. I've never said it was SOS's fault & never will. What I did say was the kid should never have been on campus the second time on his dime without knowing SOS would not be there if that was the reason he returned.

Also, maybe someone should inform Spurrier that he is wasting his time talking to recruits. Matter-of-fact I suppose that theory would extend to every coach in America. Think of all the lost man hours & all the time these dumbazzes spent on something totally worthless.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 05-03-2014 at 07:00 PM.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #62
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
All this about Chubb not getting to meet SOS is very old news. Frankly, I think this makes him look immature. He should have been paying more attention to his position coach and the other players in the class.
this. cant believe this is suddenly an issue

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #63
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Do you travel to the home & away games consistently? Are you a even a Gamecock Club member? Are you an alumni? Season Tickets, you got them? I do all that & there are thousands who do more than me. I'm damn sure you ain't one of them.
I am an alumn I go to plenty of games, but that has nothing to do with anything. You don't seem to be able to get the point. Recruiting is NOT about doing every thing you can to get players you want, it's about implementing a strategy that you gets you the best results. If you start bending over backwards for too many recruits they feel entitled and it causes problems. Problems like teams Florida and Georgia are famous for. Those teams have 85 first round draft picks on their roster according to the coaches that recruited them. We don't WANT all those guys to think like that. Our coaches give the recruits all the attention they think they deserve, if that is not good enough for the recruit. SEE YA AND GOOD LUCK! If you are someone who knows they have to earn that attention on Saturdays than WELCOME!
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #64
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Knew I shouldn't have checked back on this thread. Now I gotta find & put my waders on because the 'wisdom' is getting a little deep in here.

Seems some of our esteemed alum don't know when to stop beating a dead horse.(Hint: When he's dead. LOL.)

Instead of coming on here pissing, moaning & groaning because you don't like the way SOS & Staff recruit, give him a call, straighten his ass out & let this dead horse of a thread be. Damn thing died back on page 1.
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:37 AM   #65
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
Knew I shouldn't have checked back on this thread. Now I gotta find & put my waders on because the 'wisdom' is getting a little deep in here.

Seems some of our esteemed alum don't know when to stop beating a dead horse.(Hint: When he's dead. LOL.)

Instead of coming on here pissing, moaning & groaning because you don't like the way SOS & Staff recruit, give him a call, straighten his ass out & let this dead horse of a thread be. Damn thing died back on page 1.
You are absolutely right, sir. I'm done please forgive me. You know how easily I get worked up. Bowing out.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:00 PM   #66
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

this kid may really turn out to be strong. low, thick, solid acceleration, hard, hard, hard to knock down. buzz down here says he expected SS to be there the first time and ws indicated by sonmeone(s) on staff, should he return, SS would be present the second time.

two things, one: setting aside the side story.. kid told SS appears, kid not told. early indication is the kid may have been worth a much stiffer effort.

Two: to promise appearing and to no show is to disrespect in every facit of life bar none, bar no one. Only a few, staff, SS, kid etc and God know the truth of SS's actions. Whether or not the promise to show ws actual, the disrespect ws percieved. When an individual, any individual, is genuinly motivated by percieved disrespect, so far as said individual is concerned, perception is reality. Action is motivated accordingly.
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #67
nodnahs
Blue Chip

Male

nodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudly

Umm, meth amphetamine?
nodnahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:08 PM   #68
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

This is pretty old news, read in the AJC months ago.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:23 PM   #69
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
this kid may really turn out to be strong. low, thick, solid acceleration, hard, hard, hard to knock down. buzz down here says he expected SS to be there the first time and ws indicated by sonmeone(s) on staff, should he return, SS would be present the second time.

two things, one: setting aside the side story.. kid told SS appears, kid not told. early indication is the kid may have been worth a much stiffer effort.

Two: to promise appearing and to no show is to disrespect in every facit of life bar none, bar no one. Only a few, staff, SS, kid etc and God know the truth of SS's actions. Whether or not the promise to show ws actual, the disrespect ws percieved. When an individual, any individual, is genuinly motivated by percieved disrespect, so far as said individual is concerned, perception is reality. Action is motivated accordingly.
?
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:53 PM   #70
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:

Slow down on the beers next time you post on cockytalk.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #71
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

u boys can disregard a kid being motivated against us by our actions and the possible out come of that motivation if you like. an example of the same motivation simply flipped the other way......speak with a few who have been around a while, even those who watched the 3 game run we had on UGA recently. ask how many kids we had over the yrs who followed UGA coming up and perceived disrespect..a slight, one way or another during the recruiting experience, from UGA. ask how many of those kids made it clear thier single greatest motivation ws to repay that slight in kind on game day. ask how many made a mark doing so often winning but even in defeat often rising up to play much better GA teams snap for snap.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #72
boness
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Slow down on the beers next time you post on cockytalk.
funny guy, I may not be but you are clearly well suited for message board exchanges. congrads.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #73
boness
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnahs View Post
Umm, meth amphetamine?
u and the beer guy r well suited for one another, should be close friends, very close.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #74
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
u boys can disregard a kid being motivated against us by our actions and the possible out come of that motivation if you like. an example of the same motivation simply flipped the other way......speak with a few who have been around a while, even those who watched the 3 game run we had on UGA recently. ask how many kids we had over the yrs who followed UGA coming up and perceived disrespect..a slight, one way or another during the recruiting experience, from UGA. ask how many of those kids made it clear thier single greatest motivation ws to repay that slight in kind on game day. ask how many made a mark doing so often winning but even in defeat often rising up to play much better GA teams snap for snap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
That article leaves out a big fact.

Spurrier was in Florida for the SEC meetings.
Does the article say anything about him saying "they said SOS would be there and he wasn't"? It more reads to me "I'm a big deal and took a visit and the head coach wasn't even there". Going from what C2 said right after the initial post (did you read that???) NO SEC COACH WOULD BE ON CAMPUS HAD HE VISITED THEN.

So it seems like he perceived a slight where there wasn't one....who's fault is that?
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #75
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGCfan View Post
Whatever floats your boat.

Me?? Scanned this thread. Went to the grocery store. Bought a big box of Wheaties for you guys to cry in.

Go ahead, Nick, yank their chain. LOLOLOLOL.

Me?? Gonna earn my name - Die Hard. Support my team while they grow up. A'int goin' nowhere!

You?? Chelsea's little bro, Johnny C. Lately - bitch, bitch, bitch instead of practicing your Kegels. ROTFL.
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #76
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

For sure, he looked pretty darn good on saturday.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #77
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Chubb is a Bulldog win anyways!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #78
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Seems to me if you're a recruit and schedule a visit, coaches should be there. I went to UGA for an interview to be a PhD candidate and the dept chair wasn't available and the advisor I met with had to cut it short because she needed to go get her dog from the neighbors before the minor thundershower started.

Don't underestimate the power of being made to feel unimportant. Huge chip on my shoulder because of it and I can't do much about it, unlike athletes who face off against those coaches
Old 09-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #79
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Seems to me if you're a recruit and schedule a visit, coaches should be there. I went to UGA for an interview to be a PhD candidate and the dept chair wasn't available and the advisor I met with had to cut it short because she needed to go get her dog from the neighbors before the minor thundershower started.

Don't underestimate the power of being made to feel unimportant. Huge chip on my shoulder because of it and I can't do much about it, unlike athletes who face off against those coaches
All coaches aren't always there for every visit. We also don't know the particulars....as in did he say "I really want to meet SOS"?

Also, as mentioned, Spurrier was in SEC meetings. Kind of important and known beforehand.

This slight seems to be all in Chubb's head.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #80
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
We had no shot anyways. Spurrier was away on business, he can't cancel just for him. If he thinks he would he either has a big ego or just didn't like us enough to not let it effect him.
Sure he can. First and foremost his business is football. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he would have missed a meeting for Lattimore or Clowney. Maybe Chubb wasn't really a target for us or he didn't let on to us that he really liked us enough to consider coming here, who knows but SOS could definitely cancel a meeting of almost any type and make it to a visit with a top recruit. If he can't he'd missing out on players that we need to take the next step.

Last edited by gamecock88; 09-02-2014 at 05:29 PM.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote