CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
gocockswyn
Outland
uscGRAD04
ConwayGamecock
B-G
b381l
usc1
How do you want Aubu (2371)
Does South Carolina (1265)
Incoming Class (673)
Lorenzo Nunez (636)
Rest of the season p (615)
Tennessee Game Time (576)
Tennessee kickoff an (470)
Peyton Manning break (349)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (343)
New DC (224)
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba
Just thought of something
Lorenzo Nunez
Is Clowney back tonight..
Thoughts on the basketbal
Bruce Ellington's First T
How do you want Auburn to
Tennessee kickoff announc
Does South Carolina still
Flopping is reaching epic

Old 05-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Steve Spurrier ranked 2nd among FBS coaches.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...s-brian-kelly/

Ranked behind Nick Saban only, there is a video in the link as well. Guy seems to think if he wins an SEC at South Carolina he will pass Bear Bryant as the best coach in the SEC ever.
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...hes-in-country <-- New Article just released on ESPN.com
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Last edited by Gamecocks1137; 05-02-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Steve Spurrier ranked 2nd among FBS coaches.

This is what Hayes' top 10 looked like nationally:
1. Nick Saban, Alabama
2. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina
3. Urban Meyer, Ohio State
4. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma
5. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame
6. Chris Petersen, Washington
7. David Shaw, Stanford
8. Les Miles, LSU
9. Mark Dantonio, Michigan State
10. Jimbo Fisher, Florida State
Old 05-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Malzahn ranked #13 wooo, lol. Pretty good for only 2 years coaching.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Malzahn ranked #13 wooo, lol. Pretty good for only 2 years coaching.
To his credit, he deserves it. As much as I hate Auburn, Malzahn is a damn good coach.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

That's good and all, glad Spurrier is #2, but it's hard to take that article seriously when Dabo is in the top 20...
Old 05-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Malzahn is more deserving of a top 10 spot than Brian Kelly. With the amount of talent ND gets they should never be bad. Kelly just isn't a good coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCock View Post
That's good and all, glad Spurrier is #2, but it's hard to take that article seriously when Dabo is in the top 20...
This guy does it annually, also I am not positive, but I think the coaches vote on it. (If not, someone let me know, I swore I read that in one of the 2 or 3 articles on this today.)
Old 05-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

Matt Hayes called pre Spurrier USC an armpit, I think the smell was coming from below his nose. HA....
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #9
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGCfan View Post
Malzahn is more deserving of a top 10 spot than Brian Kelly. With the amount of talent ND gets they should never be bad. Kelly just isn't a good coach

"With the amount of good talent"

It's not like Auburn gets bad talent either.

I agree Kelly ain't that great but your argument is flawed because Auburn gets elite talent yearly as well.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #10
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post

I agree Kelly ain't that great but your argument is flawed because Auburn gets elite talent yearly as well.

But Malzahn is better because he wins

Old 05-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #11
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post

So, by that logic, coaches at great schools shouldn't be considered, due to them getting good talent?
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #12
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
So, by that logic, coaches at great schools shouldn't be considered, due to them getting good talent?
Exactly.

Basically you should throw out everyone at a big school then.
Na nothing.

I'm not by any means defending either coach, I just don't believe he defended against Kelly well.

It's the same reason people on here don't call Saban that great of a coach. "Because he's at Bama."
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #13
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

I like the top 2. I would move D'antonio way up, as well as Bill Snyder and Gary Pinkel. I am always much more impressed with the guys that can do it with less talent. Just like HBC.

Also Dabo should easily be in the top 20. Clemson is good every year with him.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:34 AM   #14
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Someone should do a ranking based off of actual coaching instead of recruiting.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:06 AM   #15
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
Someone should do a ranking based off of actual coaching instead of recruiting.
Recruiting is an inseparable part of coaching, so he must not be doing too bad in that department.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:12 AM   #16
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

So wait. Nick Saban is #1, but Steve Spurrier is the #2 best of all time in the SEC behind only bear Bryant?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:13 AM   #17
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I think Brian Kelly is a very good coach but a horrible "big game " coach. He over thinks things and doesn't trust what has gotten him there.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:24 AM   #18
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockfight21 View Post
I like the top 2. I would move D'antonio way up, as well as Bill Snyder and Gary Pinkel. I am always much more impressed with the guys that can do it with less talent. Just like HBC.

Also Dabo should easily be in the top 20. Clemson is good every year with him.
As much as no one wants to praise Dabo, he has the most win's against SEC schools of any coach outside the SEC right now. Had he been able to beat us the last 5 years, he would be much higher on this list.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:55 AM   #19
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
As much as no one wants to praise Dabo, he has the most win's against SEC schools of any coach outside the SEC right now. Had he been able to beat us the last 5 years, he would be much higher on this list.
Oh come on, Dabo doesn't do any coaching. That's like saying Gene Chizich is a great coach. Dabo doesn't coach! He's not a top 20 coach. He's a cheerleader.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #20
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material

Dabo is the best coach ever. Don't believe me? Name another coach who can coach his team to beat themselves. Let that sink in. Your mind = blown! Right?

Are you ready for the revolution?
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote