CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
jebodiah
b381l
Gamecock in TX
Acockolypse Now
cockycrazy2001
jellafever
Cockypantherfan
Vote for Browns star (3128)
texags (2639)
Shaw Lighting Up Bro (2247)
2016 Commitment - Ja (1849)
Preparing for the sm (1504)
Connor Shaw intervie (903)
Gameday Garnet Polo (760)
Aggie Statistics (744)
Clowney (725)
They are coming to y (586)
What would be your defini
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Hard Knocks this week.
Gameday Garnet Polo
Spurrier accepts cockys c
Aggie Statistics
They are coming to your c
Preparing for the smash r
texags
Vote for Browns starting

Old 05-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #41
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: Todd Mcshay thinks Bruce Ellington will go in the 1st round.

He's going to be drafted by the Panthers, probably in the second round.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #42
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
He's going to be drafted by the Panthers, probably in the second round.
I would skeet skeet skeet if he did.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #43
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

He seems like a patriots kind of guy
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #44
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Goodluck to Bruce and all the other gamecock NFL draftees to be.
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:14 AM   #45
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwylie View Post
Ht - 5 ft 9 in
Wt - 186 lb
40-yd dash - 4.65 s
3-cone -7.09 s
Vert - 30 in
Broad - 9 ft 5 in
BP - 12 reps
All values from Texas Tech Pro Day

Wes Welker, who is I think a good comparison, had worse combine numbers and has done ok at the next level...he ain't the biggest or the fastest but he has great hands, is incredibly reliable, and is a great team player. Ellington has all those attributes and is a little faster and more athletic not to mention, he makes spectacular catches look mundane.

But the question is, "Is he first round material?" I cannot remember when a guy like Bruce went in the first round. I would be thrilled for him if he did, but I just do not see that happening. Welker went undrafted. I do not see that happening either.
Whose stats are these?
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:18 AM   #46
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Whose stats are these?
We welker
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #47
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
I wish Bruce the best, but 1st round?

Im thinking 3rd or 4th round... As others have stated, his size is what will keep him from being drafted early.
Not stopping Beckham, Lee or Cooks, all of whom are the same size but projected in 1st round?
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #48
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 221039
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

"Todd, Todd, Todd...Todd."
Now Mel Kipper is mentioning Bruce as a guy who may go higher than expected.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #49
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Also this draft is absolutely loaded with wr's. I cant remember a draft with this much wr talent (although im young compared to most of yall). Look where walterfootball has him http://walterfootball.com/draft2014WR.php
The 96 draft sticks out as probably the best WR class of all time.

Rnd Pick Tm Pos To Rec Yds TD
3 89 SFO Terrell Owens WR 2010 1078 15934 153
1 19 IND Marvin Harrison WR 2008 1102 14580 128
2 43 CAR Muhsin Muhammad WR 2009 860 11438 62
1 1 NYJ Keyshawn Johnson WR 2006 814 10571 64
1 24 BUF Eric Moulds WR 2007 764 9995 49

2 34 NYG Amani Toomer WR 2008 668 9497 54
1 7 NWE Terry Glenn WR 2007 593 8823 44
5 135 KAN Joe Horn WR 2007 603 8744 58

1 18 STL Eddie Kennison WR 2008 548 8345 42
2 52 CHI Bobby Engram WR 2009 650 7751 35
Old 05-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #50
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
except that hes tiny. Not that tiny guys cant succeed but in a draft loaded with wrs its not exactly a selling point. Hes a slot receiver who isnt explosive at the next level, i still say 3rd round.
The dude never misses a ball that is what they are looking for.. Steve Smith wasn't the tallest guy but he seemed to do pretty damn good

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #51
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I would skeet skeet skeet if he did.
You and I both would, but obviously not together.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #52
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
The dude never misses a ball that is what they are looking for.. Steve Smith wasn't the tallest guy but he seemed to do pretty damn good
Once again smith was drafted in the 3rd. If i remember correctly he was drafted mainly to be a punt returner and then he became a receiver after proving he was good on special teams. This isnt a debate on how good bruce well be, its where hell get drafted.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #53
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Once again smith was drafted in the 3rd. If i remember correctly he was drafted mainly to be a punt returner and then he became a receiver after proving he was good on special teams. This isnt a debate on how good bruce well be, its where hell get drafted.
definitely before the 3rd round

Attendance record vs. Clemson as a student: 5-0
Attendance record at home games as a student: 32-3

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #54
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Whose stats are these?
Ht - 5 ft 9 in
Wt - 186 lb
40-yd dash - 4.65 s
3-cone -7.09 s
Vert - 30 in
Broad - 9 ft 5 in
BP - 12 reps

Wes Welker, who is I think a good comparison, had worse combine numbers and has done ok at the next level...he ain't the biggest or the fastest but he has great hands, is incredibly reliable, and is a great team player. Ellington has all those attributes and is a little faster and more athletic not to mention, he makes spectacular catches look mundane.

But the question is, "Is he first round material?" I cannot remember when a guy like Bruce went in the first round. I would be thrilled for him if he did, but I just do not see that happening. Welker went undrafted. I do not see that happening either.

Hmmmm? Let's see who this could be about. Hmm? Honestly, you read like a Tiger fan.

Nah, just poking ya....I mean you CAN read after all so you can't read like a Tiger fan.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #55
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

They've got like 48 players projected to go first round. They don't know anything.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #56
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockDad1531 View Post
They've got like 48 players projected to go first round. They don't know anything.
Didnt they swear jimmy clausen and blaine gabbert were studs and Cam Newton shouldnt go in the first? lol, it was one of those espn clowns
Old 05-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #57
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ht - 5 ft 9 in
Wt - 186 lb
40-yd dash - 4.65 s
3-cone -7.09 s
Vert - 30 in
Broad - 9 ft 5 in
BP - 12 reps

Hmmmm? Let's see who this could be about. Hmm? Honestly, you read like a Tiger fan.

Nah, just poking ya....I mean you CAN read after all so you can't read like a Tiger fan.
Has caught a lot of passes, but that drop in the AFC CG with the patriots.. He's benefited from a good offenses, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Not to say he isn't good, but NE replaced him pretty quickly.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #58
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Look, guys, Todd finally found an acorn. LOL.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #59
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Their joint draft has him at 26
Old 05-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #60
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ht - 5 ft 9 in
Wt - 186 lb
40-yd dash - 4.65 s
3-cone -7.09 s
Vert - 30 in
Broad - 9 ft 5 in
BP - 12 reps

Actually, rdwylie, those aren't bad 'white guy' #'s. Look at that vert; he cleared the ground. LOL.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote