CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
sanford
TAFC 5 1981
gamecockgal
WeStill0wnUSC
Spurticus
garnet_black215
75CarolinaFan
rdwylie
MWard
Vic Beasley On Clown (1696)
Another A&M aggi (1424)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1294)
ACC Wants Helmet Com (688)
Green and Lammons (482)
Asheville/Spartanbur (449)
2016 - Terrance Davi (389)
2016 - Anthony " (322)
It's Cover Two's bda (248)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (215)
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Green and Lammons
Georgia Defensive returni
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off
Official WWE Thread
Nashville
2015 - Albert Huggins
Predict Clemson 2014

Old 05-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #221
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: **USC vs. Georgia GAME #3 Thread**

Today is a perfect example of what scares me about this team in the post season. The pitching staff has to be perfect because the offense isnt good enough to come back and win baseball games. Too inconsistent, and lacking the clutch factor. Got it every once in a while, but once in a while isnt good enough to win championships.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #222
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 500
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
A fact would be something like "you are a horrible, annoying fan that I wish would go root for a different team". What you said, however, is a prediction.
That's actually an opinion.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #223
SAETerrier
Habitual Line-Stepper

Male

CockyCash: 200
SAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot material

What Holbrook sees in Celek I will never know. Our DH spot has been a liability all year. Heard someone say yesterday that our DH should stand for 'disabled hitter' & had a good laugh
Old 05-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #224
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAETerrier View Post
What Holbrook sees in Celek I will never know. Our DH spot has been a liability all year. Heard someone say yesterday that our DH should stand for 'disabled hitter' & had a good laugh
I think he just doesnt know what to do with all the injuries. Celek is just a guy on the bench that has the potential and experience. Not getting production out of anyone else, might as well go with the senior.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #225
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
That's actually an opinion.
Thanks Captain Obvious, I was trying to make a point.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #226
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Its pretty embarassing to lose to a team like uga. They have been absolutely horrible the past two week-ends, yet this week-end can't seem to do any wrong. Thats the way it is with baseball. Right up until Max Schrock got hurt I thought this team had the makings of something special, but something seemed to die when Max got hurt. We got it back a little when we won the series where he came in and pinch hit the homers, but it was just an illusion. With Max on second, DC at third and Pankake in the outfield, along with the rest of the regulars we have a decent hitting team with the ability to use Celek, Gore, Cone and Caldwell off the bench. That gives a lot of options that we just don't have now. And it also hurts that we still are getting nothing out of Beal and Fiori is hurt. This team had so much potential but I think there just has been too much to overcome. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think so.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #227
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Its pretty embarassing to lose to a team like uga. They have been absolutely horrible the past two week-ends, yet this week-end can't seem to do any wrong. Thats the way it is with baseball. Right up until Max Schrock got hurt I thought this team had the makings of something special, but something seemed to die when Max got hurt. We got it back a little when we won the series where he came in and pinch hit the homers, but it was just an illusion. With Max on second, DC at third and Pankake in the outfield, along with the rest of the regulars we have a decent hitting team with the ability to use Celek, Gore, Cone and Caldwell off the bench. That gives a lot of options that we just don't have now. And it also hurts that we still are getting nothing out of Beal and Fiori is hurt. This team had so much potential but I think there just has been too much to overcome. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think so.
Also playing on the road with a young team, when this weekend they were playing at home, against the #7 team in the country, with a trip to the post season on the line.

South Carolina needs to figure out this offense quickly. And I dont think its just injuries.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #228
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Well, LSU lost, Florida won... Ole Miss lost...

Florida 18-6
Mississippi. 15-9
Miss State. 14-10
Vandy. 14-10
LSU. 13-10-1
Carolina. 13-11
Bama. 13-11
Texas A&M 12-12

Right now, we are the #6 seed. Really need to sweep Mizzou next weekend.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #229
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

We gotta finish with 5 of 6 sec wins IMO
Old 05-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #230
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Its all about national seed winning now. The SEC isnt gonna happen.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #231
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
We gotta finish with 5 of 6 sec wins IMO
That would put us at 18-12.... It would give us a chance at getting a top 8, especially a series win at Vandy would really look good... Unless we get a lot healthier, I'm not sure that is possible.

If I had a crystal ball... I'm guessing we sweep Mizzou, and lose 2 out of 3 at Vandy. 17-13 would probably put us 4th in the SEC (behind Florida, Ole Miss and Vandy)...
Old 05-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #232
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Just get our guys healthy, were going to the post season any which way. The beauty of baseball is that you make it to the post season, it's still anybody's game. Chin up Gamecocks ! This ride ain't over. Chad's men will find a way................I gotta believe in them...............I haven't a choice. Go Cocks !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #233
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Chad's men will find a way................I gotta believe in them...............I haven't a choice. Go Cocks !
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #234
wthforever
Recruit

Male

wthforever is learning to peck

With the injuries, lack of offense, errors, inconsistent play and good but not great pitching at critical times, I do not think it can be assumed that we will sweep Mizzou, and taking 2 out of 3 at Vandy would seem unlikely at this point. Not saying either or both of those can't happen, but we need to be realistic based on how we are playing. So I am hoping to win 5 out of 6 but would not be shocked if we only win 3 out of 6. As far as injuries, I agree they are part of the game but this many injuries is unbelievable and it affects every phase of the game. I do not think we have quite the level of talent that we have had during some of our best years but they are still playing their hearts out and I am not down on this team.
wthforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #235
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

btw its 3-5 if you refer to the other team.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #236
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

has anybody fed Byron lately?
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIInySnQe4I
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #237
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthforever View Post
With the injuries, lack of offense, errors, inconsistent play and good but not great pitching at critical times, I do not think it can be assumed that we will sweep Mizzou, and taking 2 out of 3 at Vandy would seem unlikely at this point. Not saying either or both of those can't happen, but we need to be realistic based on how we are playing. So I am hoping to win 5 out of 6 but would not be shocked if we only win 3 out of 6. As far as injuries, I agree they are part of the game but this many injuries is unbelievable and it affects every phase of the game. I do not think we have quite the level of talent that we have had during some of our best years but they are still playing their hearts out and I am not down on this team.
Not really sure where you're getting that from. The pitching has been the one consistent thing on this team. The mistakes pitchers make (which happens every baseball game, everyday) are compounded by the fact that South Carolina cant hit the baseball. Today is the perfect example of this. One bad inning shouldnt decide a baseball game, Esp in the 3rd unless its a catastrophic collapse.

The fact that South Carolina had just one hit until the sixth inning magnified that inning. Ive never been a fan of the plate approaches I see with this team, and Celek was a perfect example today. he had an absolutely TERRIBLE at bat, and its not the first time. Thats a senior. Im not sure what the deal is with this offense, but if its not fixed, its not gonna be a pretty post season.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #238
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Gregg View Post
has anybody fed Byron lately?
silly rabbit
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:12 AM   #239
wthforever
Recruit

Male

wthforever is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Not really sure where you're getting that from. The pitching has been the one consistent thing on this team. The mistakes pitchers make (which happens every baseball game, everyday) are compounded by the fact that South Carolina cant hit the baseball. Today is the perfect example of this. One bad inning shouldnt decide a baseball game, Esp in the 3rd unless its a catastrophic collapse.

The fact that South Carolina had just one hit until the sixth inning magnified that inning. Ive never been a fan of the plate approaches I see with this team, and Celek was a perfect example today. he had an absolutely TERRIBLE at bat, and its not the first time. Thats a senior. Im not sure what the deal is with this offense, but if its not fixed, its not gonna be a pretty post season.
I agree with you, I think the inability to hit is probably the biggest problem followed by errors. Agree the DH position has hurt us this year as well. Our pitching has been the most consistent aspect of our team, it's just when you give up a GS in a big game it sometimes makes you want to blame it all on the pitcher. But yes, for the majority of the year the pitching has kept us in about every game. Like I told someone today when we had bases loaded and no outs, and scored only 2 runs, and 1 of them because of a UGA error... "2 runs is a monster inning for us this year"
wthforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #240
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Top tes don't lose to scrubs like Georgia. Face front...we are a mediocre team that will go two and Q in the Supers. Fact!
I still am trying to figure out why you root fro Carolina, this is the same BS you post during football season.