CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
Spurticus
peterlemon
Kyle76
ccured
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
The Demise of the 3- (2626)
East Carolina Predic (1759)
Why didn't Wes Green (1435)
A&M on 3rd down (853)
You guys are horribl (694)
louisville (654)
It's the offenses no (589)
Did we ever go after (517)
All of our defensive (416)
Watching the Georgia (322)
Why didn't Wes Green play
All of our defensive play
The Demise of the 3-4
It's the offenses not the
2016 - Rozelle Nix
A few thoughts
Browns sign Rex Grossman,
A&M on 3rd down
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban

Old 05-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material
Default 2108 State

I know I am a little slow on the pick up here but we ate at 2108 State this weekend and absolutely loved it. Not only did I think it was the best burger in Columbia hands down but three words

Collard
Green
Eggrolls

Not only that but many sandwiches & specials named after the coaches, Gamecock through & through, great bar & Gamecock decor. Plenty of TVs with sports.

My new favorite place.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
G&BGamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2108 State

Grab lunch there quite a bit when I'm in town. Completely agree with you and absolutely recommend it.
G&BGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
JuggernautCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by snruter amabon View Post
I know I am a little slow on the pick up here but we ate at 2108 State this weekend and absolutely loved it. Not only did I think it was the best burger in Columbia hands down but three words

Collard
Green
Eggrolls

Not only that but many sandwiches & specials named after the coaches, Gamecock through & through, great bar & Gamecock decor. Plenty of TVs with sports.

My new favorite place.
Gotta say my favorite burger in cola is the Whig Burger at the Whig. They have great food in general, but it's a damn good burger.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Wished I'd known about these places when I was in Cola. Ate at an odd hot dog place instead, lol
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Wished I'd known about these places when I was in Cola. Ate at an odd hot dog place instead, lol
It was probably Rosewood Dairy Bar or Rush's?
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
It was probably Rosewood Dairy Bar or Rush's?
Just looked it up, I think it was Sandy's. Walked there from the Caroliniana.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #7
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I've been wanting to try this place for a long time, just haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully I will sometime soon.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

ya food is pretty good owner is big gamecock fan lots of carolina stuff on the walls. Wish it was closer to the stadium, it has a nice layout and bar area.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:31 AM   #9
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

The atmosphere was cool. I wasn't all that impressed with the pimento cheeseburger though.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote