CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
jrussjr
eightohhthree
SC Sandlapper
Spur's Addiction
HeadCockFan
StormOfTalons
Order 66
henmania
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Defensive personnel (1497)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1402)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1361)
Defense not an issue (1042)
Cack's Toast of the (827)
Legitimate, Unbiased (718)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (696)
I guess we don't get (672)
The Green Strip is B (378)
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
2016 - Bryan Edwards
I guess we don't get all
Name a Gamecock
On the other hand
Rank the SEC starting QBs
Gameday Sign Ideas
Defense not an issue....
Celebrity Guest Picker...

Old 05-04-2014, 01:57 AM   #1
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Danuel House

Danuel House is a 6'7" shooting guard transferring from Houston. He is taking visits to USC and UCLA.

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/05/0...ansfer-to.html
Old 05-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Danuel House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Danuel House is a 6'7" shooting guard transferring from Houston. He is taking visits to USC and UCLA.

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/05/0...ansfer-to.html
He was a 5* SF coming out of HS so this could be a nice pickup
Old 05-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #3
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

I'm guessing he's not going to get an immediate transfer unless the waiver gets approved?

This would be a really awesome transfer if we got him. Seems like he can score and shoot the ball well as a forward. UCLA, UNLV and Iowa are pretty stiff competition though..
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:46 AM   #4
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
I'm guessing he's not going to get an immediate transfer unless the waiver gets approved?

This would be a really awesome transfer if we got him. Seems like he can score and shoot the ball well as a forward. UCLA, UNLV and Iowa are pretty stiff competition though..
I only saw official visits here and to UCLA. Of course, UCLA is competition enough. He'd have to sit out a year, but he'd be a junior with Sindarius and company.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell

UCLA, UNLV and Iowa are pretty stiff competition though..

Says something that we are already being mentioned among those names in the first place... Would be pretty neat to see him and Thornwell on the same team. They would be juniors together, right (assuming House had to sit out a year)?
TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanCock View Post

Says something that we are already being mentioned among those names in the first place... Would be pretty neat to see him and Thornwell on the same team. They would be juniors together, right (assuming House had to sit out a year)?
Assuming Thornwell doesn't go pro after his sophomore year.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
Spur20001
4-Star

Male

Spur20001 has feathers coming inSpur20001 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I only saw official visits here and to UCLA. Of course, UCLA is competition enough. He'd have to sit out a year, but he'd be a junior with Sindarius and company.
Maybe not. After coaching changes some players are granted a waiver by the NCAA and can play right away.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:

House said that he's going to seek an immediate transfer because of the coaching change at Houston. There are some schools where he would have to sit out a year. Maybe that could make South Carolina more appealing.

If he gets an immediate transfer, I would love to see Johnson, Thornwell and House on the perimeter with Notice off the bench.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #9
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Just finished up his visit to us this weekend. Hope he enjoyed it...
Old 05-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #10
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGCfan View Post
He was a 5* SF coming out of HS so this could be a nice pickup
And a McDonald's All-American 2012.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #11
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
House said that he's going to seek an immediate transfer because of the coaching change at Houston. There are some schools where he would have to sit out a year. Maybe that could make South Carolina more appealing.

If he gets an immediate transfer, I would love to see Johnson, Thornwell and House on the perimeter with Notice off the bench.
"Just released with three stipulations," Texas PRO AAU coach Marland Lowe told CBSSports.com on Friday evening.
The restrictions are as follows:
  • Any Division-I school in the state of Texas
  • Any current schools in the American Athletic Conference, or any school that is currently scheduled to leave or join the league in the next ywo years
  • Any school on Houston's 2014-15 or 2015-16 schedule
Moreover, any school House and Thomas speak with has to be approved by Houston.
TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #12
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Quote:
"Just released with three stipulations," Texas PRO AAU coach Marland Lowe told CBSSports.com on Friday evening.
  • Any current schools in the American Athletic Conference, or any school that is currently scheduled to leave or join the league in the next ywo years
Being released just means he won't have to pay his own way during the year he sits out . He will have to get a waiver from the NCAA to avoid sitting out a year .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #13
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
According to Goodman, neither player will be allowed to transfer to another American Athletic Conference program, another program in the state of Texas and the duo is also unable to transfer to a program that plays on Houston’s 2014-15 schedule. All other schools must also be approved by Houston.
Erskine McDaniel, a representative for House and Thomas, told Goodman that the duo will appeal the ban and apply for a waiver to play next season.
In an interview with Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston, House and Thomas said they both take issue, in particular, with the stipulation that both players can’t transfer to another program in Texas.
“I will appeal that one,” House said in the interview with FOX 26 Sports. “I feel they don’t want me to be really successful in the state of Texas unless I am at UH, and it really hurts my heart that they feel that way.”
“I wanted to able to look at schools in Texas so I can stay closer to my family,” Thomas said. “I’m going to appeal that.”

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...ashawn-thomas/
Old 05-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #14
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

His teamate from Houston, Thomas, signed Sunday to play at Oklahoma.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #15
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein Follow Houston transfer Danuel House told @CBSSports he's currently visiting Texas A & M. UCLA, South Carolina, + LSU are in the mix. UNLV is out.
6:13 PM - 21 May 2014
Unless he won his appeal, he won't be able to attend A&M.

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/...south-carolina
Old 05-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #16
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

MATTHEW HARRIS
mharris@theadvocate.com
May 23, 2014

0 Comments

LSU’s search to fill two roster spots has zeroed in on an early target in Houston transfer Danuel House.
The Cougars swingman, a former five-star recruit, is one of the few quality options left for LSU in a quickly shrinking pool of players trying to find new homes.
A source familiar with the situation said LSU coach Johnny Jones and assistant coach David Patrick have been in contact with House and are trying to secure a visit to Baton Rouge.
“They’re in the process of trying to set something up,” the source said. “I think that may be for some time in early June.”

House has already taken two visits to potential suitors.
In early May, he visited South Carolina, and was on Texas A&M’s campus during the middle of the week before the dead period went into place on Thursday.
“He spent a couple days up there,” the source said, adding that UCLA and UNLV are also in the mix.

As for House, the timeline to reach a decision appears to be a couple of weeks.
“He’s taking it as wait-and-see,” the source said. “I don’t think he’s in a hurry or anything.”

http://theadvocate.com/sports/925571...uston-transfer
Old 05-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #17
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

This just seems like the type of player Martin is supposed to be good at recruiting so I'll be somewhat disappointed if we can't get him here.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:18 AM   #18
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
This just seems like the type of player Martin is supposed to be good at recruiting so I'll be somewhat disappointed if we can't get him here.
Personally, I think it will be hard to get him from going to LSU. He wanted to stay in Texas and Baton Rouge is the closest uni to Texas(especially Houston) that is showing interest. Fingers crossed he comes here, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #19
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Personally, I think it will be hard to get him from going to LSU. He wanted to stay in Texas and Baton Rouge is the closest uni to Texas(especially Houston) that is showing interest. Fingers crossed he comes here, but I'm not holding my breath.
I don't follow MBB recruiting that much so you would know better than I would. I was just saying we've been hearing "Frank Martin the great recruiter" and he's missed on Peak we know of and now probably this guy. Hopefully he can sign House but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Maybe if we ever start winning games more consistently I'll start following BB recruiting more. I'm just afraid our MBB team is going to be the equal of football programs who just lose and are known for losing pretty much every year. I hope we can be raise the bar up in MBB.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #20
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

According to his Twitter, he has committed to the University of Texas A&M, wherever that is.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote