CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
rolinb1
trapper82
BiscoCocky
BlueHerons
Gamecocks1137
Aggie96
StormOfTalons
nodnahs
TAMU Starting CB Out (2376)
Spurrier: Davis May (1934)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1748)
Clowney possibly hur (1257)
an apology (1221)
Your SEC Standings P (1167)
Our players and the (961)
Favorite Gamecock of (682)
This helmit is aweso (568)
Clowney leaves pract (549)
New Sign at Williams Bric
FIFA 15 - PC
Connor Shaw Browns
Every Day Should Be Satur
TAMU Starting CB Out For
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Your SEC Standings Predic
***2014 Carolina Panthers
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 05-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #41
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: Help an Aggie out

If your not from around here try bo jangles

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #42
Here4Beer
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Here4Beer has feathers coming inHere4Beer has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Being from Texas, y'all aren't going to like South Carolina's mustard based sauces.
Not this Texan, I'm willing to bet I'll love it all. Texas bbq is more about the meat and the sauce is just a side show. From what I've heard, Carolina bbq is the best. Honestly, we'll probably just walk around admiring the tailgate scene and hopefully make some friends along the way and enjoy the authentic bbq from fellow tailgaters.
Here4Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #43
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4Beer View Post
Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm sure we'll go to different places at 5 points and the Vista since we're gonna be there for several nights. We'll figure it out! We go out in Houston all the time so I'm sure it's no more dangerous than that, just use good judgement and it'll buff out!

Also, 1 last question. Being a Texan and a lover of all things bbq I'm really looking forward to getting authentic Carolina BBQ. Best place for that?

Ignore everyone else and do yourself a favor and go to Little Pigs on Alpine Road.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #44
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Vinegar based is the way to go... CircleM is a few hours from COLA, but it's my personal favorite.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #45
KSigAg12
Walk On

Male

KSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spurs

Some awesome nuggets here. Thanks guys.
KSigAg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:41 AM   #46
Jeff45ACP
I give girls the finger

Male

CockyCash: 6300
Jeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff45ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Ignore everyone else and do yourself a favor and go to Little Pigs on Alpine Road.
Exactly what he said. Just ate there this past weekend, and I'd love to have a place like that in Utah. Do yourself a favor, and hit this place up. Your friends will thank you.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #47
stiffmiester
4-Star

Male

stiffmiester has feathers coming instiffmiester has feathers coming in

Eat Grouchos for lunch, Pawleys for dinner, party at saltys/pavlovs, and tailgate at memorial. You cant do much better than that A. E. K. D. B.

stiffmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #48
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff45ACP View Post
Exactly what he said. Just ate there this past weekend, and I'd love to have a place like that in Utah. Do yourself a favor, and hit this place up. Your friends will thank you.
There used to be a little place down in Orem that did a fairly decent Mustard based sauce. The guys that ran it were returned LDS missionaries that did their mission in Columbia.

The didn't serve sweet tea tho, and that kinda killed the place for me....

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #49
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

BBQ,
Look for this truck on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/ArtisanBBQTruck, they're usually downtown and likely to be somewhere near the stadium on game day.

Since you're here where the civil war began, throw all political correctness out and go to piggie park, the original on Charleton Hwy, http://www.piggiepark.com/eat/locations/
It's a trip and the q is good.

Last edited by Gamerooster; 05-02-2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: can't spell
Gamerooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #50
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Don't go to Two Notch or Broad River. That's the most horrible advice anybody in here could give you.

Get a hotel in the vista and party in the vista. No need to go anywhere else but thee and the stadium unless you want to go to strip clubs. Welcome to Columbia
I agree. Two Notch? Uh, no.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #51
Trip
Big12 Expatriate

Male

Trip has hatched from the shell

Before you go getting all warm and fuzzy with our future aggy visitors, you owe it to yourself to read this:

Tell me about Texas A&M

The jaw-dropping, cult-like bizzarre-ness that defines A&M and its fan base makes Clemson seem almost normal.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #52
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Before you go getting all warm and fuzzy with our future aggy visitors, you owe it to yourself to read this:

Tell me about Texas A&M

The jaw-dropping, cult-like bizzarre-ness that defines A&M and its fan base makes Clemson seem almost normal.
That was an incredibly disturbing read. I will say it sounds like it was written mostly by UT fans so I doubt much if all was true. I really really hope the jar part was a joke. ...

carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #53
Trip
Big12 Expatriate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
That was an incredibly disturbing read. I will say it sounds like it was written mostly by UT fans so I doubt much if all was true. I really really hope the jar part was a joke. ...
Yeah, it's on a UT board and as a Sooner myself I'm skeptical of anything Longhorns say, but I've checked other sources and have confirmed there's a lot of truth in that thread, some exaggeration notwithstanding. From everything I've been able to learn, the "jar" thing is, or at least was, an actual tradition there.

Edit: And "disturbing" is precisely the right word!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #54
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:

Tell me about Texas A&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post

Quote:
Yeah, it's on a UT board and as a Sooner myself I'm skeptical of anything Longhorns say, but I've checked other sources and have confirmed there's a lot of truth in that thread, some exaggeration notwithstanding. From everything I've been able to learn, the "jar" thing is, or at least was, an actual tradition there.

What would folks say about us if they used Tigernet as their primary source of info?

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #55
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Two Notch area is really cool, lots to do there

Also Broad River - premium entertainment district. I know a few contacts if you guys are looking to get radical

If you go to Savannah's, ask for Barbie Cummings
wut.

Don't do this. Ever.

The Vista is where you need to be.

Attendance record vs. Clemson as a student: 5-0
Attendance record at home games as a student: 32-3

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #56
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Aggies jizz in jars? Forreal?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #57
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:

As far as I am concerned, UT is full of liars, vagabonds, and people without the intestinal fortitude to keep a good rivalry going. "Wahhhhh! We won't play you anymore A&M." SEC baby.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #58
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Once you get 70 miles from Columbia the number of mustard based BBQ restaurants virtually disappear.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #59
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
The guy wants a good time, and you can have WAY more fun in Columbia than if you go to the Vista with a bunch of yuppie douchebags and chodes.

I'm telling you man, head to Two Notch. Place is wild. If you want to get Crabs, Shot or Crack (or all 3) this is the place for you

You don't want to stand in a Buffalo Wild Wings drinking a fcking Blue Moon listening to Zac Brown Band, that shit is boring.
Damn, this dude is from Texas, not Clemson. No reason to get him killed.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #60
Trip
Big12 Expatriate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
What would folks say about us if they used Tigernet as their primary source of info?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
As far as I am concerned, UT is full of liars, vagabonds, and people without the intestinal fortitude to keep a good rivalry going. "Wahhhhh! We won't play you anymore A&M." SEC baby.
I'll assume you missed the part where I said I'm an Oklahoma grad. You know, as in "Texas' most hated rival?" You think I'd defend, or even share for that matter, anything Longwhorns say if I didn't independently know it to be true? The A&M insight was offered as a courtesy to my fellow Gamecocks fans. Doesn't matter to me what you do with it.