CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
GregoryHouse
Travelin
B-G
The Yancey
A. Pilgrim
Master Bedroom
CockFighter
Connor to be backup? (1511)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (811)
Carolina ranked #21 (566)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (547)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (462)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (370)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (317)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (300)
How would a man writ (240)
Most Impactful Peopl (162)
Most Impactful People Inv
Connor to be backup?
The Vent and Coaching cha
Greatest Gamecock Players
Carolina ranked #21 prese
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Gotta get Agent 0 going
My early Monday dinner .

Old 05-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #21
egnarts
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 700
egnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPit
Default Re: Finebaum on Spurrier

He often made detrimental comments about our players. I remember his attack on Marcus and Alshon for example. I have no use for him he is Auburn through and through.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #22
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Garcia wasn't a bad guy or a bad seed. He just liked to party.
This is SO true. I completely understand his liking to party because I felt the exact same way in college. Problem is that you can't be the face of a D1 program and pull it off. Me? I was Joe Student and was cloaked in anonymity where SG couldn't be in public and not get recognized.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #23
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
He is simply trying to rebuild bridges he burned down over the years to ensure that he has facetime and a steady pay check from ESPN and SEC network.
I agree but as much as I think he can be a d-bag, I find myself agreeing with him from time to time.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #24
Kuhn
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

1997. He suspended Doug Johnson, who got so hungover he stunk up the LSU game and UF lost. With a must win at Auburn next week. Spurrier used WR 5'7" Jacquez Green who ran, threw, and caught a TD to beat a stunned Auburn .
Doug Johnson had to work his way back to play time. Spurrier then by alternating Johnson and walk-on noodle arm Noah Brindise, beat undefeated, no 1 F$U (UF were 18 pt underdogs and Tommy Barnhart had F$U winning by 30+) 32-29. It really wasn't that close.

So Finebaum is correct. Spurrier runs a clean program (in the acc or SEC) and is the 2nd leading SEC coach in history.
One thing he never tolerates is the abuse of women.
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:17 AM   #25
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhn View Post
One thing he never tolerates is the abuse of women.
Are you sure about that? He has abused Clemson pretty bad the last 5 years.

USCNowAndForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:50 AM   #26
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by egnarts View Post
He often made detrimental comments about our players. I remember his attack on Marcus and Alshon for example. I have no use for him he is Auburn through and through.
He's a Bama fan if anything.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #27
Talon1
4-Star

Male

Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Eh.

He's always been a fan of Spurrier.
I also doubt he's burned bridges so bad that he won't get time. He's become one of the biggest radio personalities in college football acting the way he has. As much people that say they hate him, still tune in just because hey hate him.
I don't listen to that egotesticle blowhard. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody's got one and his is no better than mine or anyone else's.

Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #28
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

F***baum will continue to say nice things about USC until the majority of fans forget his comments about Clowney.

Never forget.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #29
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 202732
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
F***baum will continue to say nice things about USC until the majority of fans forget his comments about Clowney.

Never forget.
Remember the Clowneymo.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:05 AM   #30
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
I could not listen to his show, because it was 90% deranged Bama and Auburn callers bickering all the time...

As for FB, he usually says nice things about Spurrier, but has hardly ever said a nice thing about Carolina, so that bald headed bastard is useless in my book.
OMG it's the worst. I live in Tuscaloosa, and all 3 sports stations we get play Finnebaum every afternoon. Terrible. In 2012, UA and AU either had cupcakes or bye weeks the week USC played UGA. They didn't mention our game at all