CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Kyle76
b381l
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
The Demise of the 3- (2319)
East Carolina Predic (1574)
Why didn't Wes Green (1242)
A&M on 3rd down (632)
You guys are horribl (603)
Finally Cooled Off (532)
Did we ever go after (517)
louisville (475)
It's the offenses no (397)
Watching the Georgia (221)
whats up with Mike?
The Demise of the 3-4
Why didn't Wes Green play
Recruiting Question
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Uniform thread
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Amonte Caban
2015 Commitment - Shameik
All of our defensive play

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #41
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Michael Barnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
There's a piece in the AJC right now on BAW. C&P from that article

Which school would you have considered more if they had offered earlier? “Definitely Georgia. They offered me on signing day last year (during my junior year). I felt like if they had offered me earlier, it could’ve been different. It would’ve been a way harder decision. Georgia and Alabama were two of my favorite schools going into the process. And I just felt like Georgia was offering out-of-state kids before the in-state kids

See any similarities?
Yep? So? You worried about Georgia? They're doing just fine in recruiting.
Apparently they went after guys higher on their list first as they should. When you are talking about high tier teams, the instate kids don't get as much preferential treatment as they usually do. It's just part of the recruiting landscape.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #42
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

I have no idea how you came to the conclusion I'm worried about UGA. I have no idea how you come to numerous bizarre conclusions you come up with including how having a highly rated DE in our own State who has very little interest in our program is a good thing. You do know that one of the guys ahead of Barnette was Rivers, right? Well he's gone & nobody believes he's coming back.

I'm not worried about Barnette & believe we've got some highly rated guys committed as this time. Don't see a flyer on the list. I'm just not so ignorant as to believe it is a good thing that our coaches were recruiting him & he has no interest. That's batxxxx crazy. Our coaches clearly feel he could help us, otherwise they wouldn't not only recruit but offer an in-state prospect.

Then again, I responding to a guy that believes the head football coach meeting & speaking to prospects considering his program he is a waste of time. A guy that knows exactly the reasons why anybody who wants to meet Spurrier wants to do so, even though he doesn't know the person or Spurrier.

I look forward to your next incredibly asinine statement. I'm fairly certain it will be a short wait.

BTW thanks for telling me about the recruiting landscape, I was buying PK's newsletter at Capital Newsstand, as were others on this site, before the better part of you was dribbling down somebody's leg.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #43
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

It doesn't matter if he's a highly rated DE in our own state. We can't pick up 5 highly rated DEs. We need to pick up a few and move on to another position. We already have the highest rated DE from our state.

JD
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #44
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

Right now we've got 1 DE committed in this class & 1 JUCO who might, or might not, make it in. They offered Barnette for a reason. The reason I mentioned he's an in-state guy is because once you put that offer out it's very bad business to slow play or not make good on the offer. They had to be prepared to take him.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 05-06-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #45
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

It's Barnett people. Seriously people, his name is at the top of the thread.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #46
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
I have no idea how you came to the conclusion I'm worried about UGA. I have no idea how you come to numerous bizarre conclusions you come up with including how having a highly rated DE in our own State who has very little interest in our program is a good thing. You do know that one of the guys ahead of Barnette was Rivers, right? Well he's gone & nobody believes he's coming back.

I'm not worried about Barnette & believe we've got some highly rated guys committed as this time. Don't see a flyer on the list. I'm just not so ignorant as to believe it is a good thing that our coaches were recruiting him & he has no interest. That's batxxxx crazy. Our coaches clearly feel he could help us, otherwise they wouldn't not only recruit but offer an in-state prospect.

Then again, I responding to a guy that believes the head football coach meeting & speaking to prospects considering his program he is a waste of time. A guy that knows exactly the reasons why anybody who wants to meet Spurrier wants to do so, even though he doesn't know the person or Spurrier.

I look forward to your next incredibly asinine statement. I'm fairly certain it will be a short wait.

BTW thanks for telling me about the recruiting landscape, I was buying PK's newsletter at Capital Newsstand, as were others on this site, before the better part of you was dribbling down somebody's leg.
There is nothing for it, man. The guy was hurt we didn't offer sooner so he obviously did have interest at some point. Use some common sense. We can't help that recruits get their feelings hurt about petty things like this and that effects them. We have an ordered wish list of players just like everyone else and we offer players when we do for a reason. If you offer too many DE at once it hurts your chances to get even one.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #47
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Right now we've got 1 DE committed in this class & 1 JUCO who might, or might not, make it in. They offered Barnette for a reason. The reason I mentioned he's an in-state guy is because once you put that offer out it's very bad business to slow play or not make good on the offer. They had to be prepared to take him.
So you are just going to gloss over the fact that we have offers and are in very good shape with Key, Ferrell and Lewis? How many DE's do you think we are going to be taking this class? It's like 2-3

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 05-06-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #48
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
So you are just going to gloss over the fact that we have offers and are in very good shape with Key, Ferrell and Lewis? How many DE's do you think we are going to be taking this class? It's like 2-3
Don't forget about Sawyer. Doubt we get Ferrell and Key is pretty undersized. Could end up playing TE or receiver.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #49
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Blackshear, Lewis, and Sawyer and call it day. If we do get Key and he wants to play DE, no doubt he would have to RS his first year to get his weight up and to get some separation from the other DE's.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #50
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

We're fine at DE.....more than likely Thomas will make it in. And don't forget whammy wants us to play the 3-4 on passing downs.....if it works out putting BAW, Skai and Walton on the field at the same time and running it more often, that's great. Let's not look for a problem where there is none.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #51
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Don't forget about Sawyer. Doubt we get Ferrell and Key is pretty undersized. Could end up playing TE or receiver.
I was counting Sawyer as the JUCO Conway was talking about. The other two, I don't think we'll get Ferrell but he still has us as warm. Key I think there is a good chance. I like him a lot as an OLB to start out but could put on some weight and move down later. He has a good frame for it. He can eat all the steak and potatoes he wants and more now that the NCAA says so. Will see what happens with some of the others. I don't know what is going on with Wideman and Thomas qualifying.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 05-06-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #52
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DE Michael Barnett of Woodland has plans to visit four schools this summer and is calling them the top four schools on his list. They are Georgia, Florida State, NC State and LSU.
“I would say they are all about even,” Barnett said. “I think NC State is showing me a little more interest than the other schools but not that much more.”
National Signing Day is when he plans to announce his decision. Barnett said there is a possibility he could announce before then but added it was unlikely.
As for Clemson and USC he said, “South Carolina is out but I’m still showing some interest in Clemson. I wouldn’t say they’re a big factor though.”
Barnett said his decision will come down to “the best fit for me” and added that he would like to attend a school where he can major in broadcasting.
His visits for the summer have not been scheduled and he does not plan to attend any camps.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-out-of-state/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #53
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DE Michael Barnett of Woodland has plans to visit four schools this summer and is calling them the top four schools on his list. They are Georgia, Florida State, NC State and LSU.
“I would say they are all about even,” Barnett said. “I think NC State is showing me a little more interest than the other schools but not that much more.”
National Signing Day is when he plans to announce his decision. Barnett said there is a possibility he could announce before then but added it was unlikely.
As for Clemson and USC he said, “South Carolina is out but I’m still showing some interest in Clemson. I wouldn’t say they’re a big factor though.”
Barnett said his decision will come down to “the best fit for me” and added that he would like to attend a school where he can major in broadcasting.
His visits for the summer have not been scheduled and he does not plan to attend any camps.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-out-of-state/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-28-2014, 11:56 PM   #54
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
It's Barnett people. Seriously people, his name is at the top of the thread.
they don't pay any attention.....
Old 06-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #55
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

looks like FSU trending a bit for this guy....I'm still not sure I agree with us not being all over him from the beginning but it is what it is at this point

Old 06-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #56
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

It's clear he wasn't a huge target for us we had our eyes elsewhere.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

Old 06-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #57
StormOfTalons
4-Star

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
It's clear he wasn't a huge target for us we had our eyes elsewhere.
I think the same could be said the other way around. He had "eyes elsewhere" and never really had any interest in us.

Seems he's pretty much always been a kid who was going to leave the state.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #58
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

From the start I wanted this guy, but doesn't look good so we just take someone else in his spot. I'd like to see us sign 3 great des this class, we already have two
Old 06-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #59
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
From the start I wanted this guy, but doesn't look good so we just take someone else in his spot. I'd like to see us sign 3 great des this class, we already have two
Well we still are in the game with JUCO's Marquavius Lewis and Dante Sawyer. Sawyer may grow into a DT but right now he is a DE. It's a good thing that our program is to the point where we don't really have room for Barnett
Old 06-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #60
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Blackshear, key, Lewis, and sawyer would be amazing. Talent galore
Closed Thread