CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
75CarolinaFan
B-G
Spurticus
Aggie96
gamecockgal
TAFC 5 1981
Sidney Rice Retiring (1344)
Dan Patrick Show - P (610)
ESPN Insider (533)
Pictures of older Co (438)
SOS Dominating SEC M (292)
Bonefish Grill (264)
Places to eat in Con (254)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (206)
What Are The Most Im (202)
This Song is the F'i (202)
Name a Gamecock
Green and Lammons
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
Texags
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Predict Clemson 2014
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
2015 Commitment - Damon A
Ace suspended 4 games
Another A&M aggie off

Old 05-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #81
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)

The load times are indeed horrible though....yeesh.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #82
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
I will admit that I only played 7 innings.. (had work) but I set it to 7 before the game so its not like I quit while I had it
You use quick counts?

I'm not sure if I'm gonna stick with them or not, but I did try them out in my second game...it's not bad...actually made me A LOT more selective at the plate. I usually swing at every-damn-thing.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #83
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Diesel...you download the OSFM rosters yet? Those dudes created around 1500 minor leaguers.

Found Roth, walker, Pearce, tolly, merrifield, and Darnell...so far.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #84
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Just found billy Buckner and Sam dyson too.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #85
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
You use quick counts?

I'm not sure if I'm gonna stick with them or not, but I did try them out in my second game...it's not bad...actually made me A LOT more selective at the plate. I usually swing at every-damn-thing.

Yea.. I like them
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #86
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Diesel...you download the OSFM rosters yet? Those dudes created around 1500 minor leaguers.

Found Roth, walker, Pearce, tolly, merrifield, and Darnell...so far.

Yeah.. Waited for that to create my rtts
Old 05-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #87
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Ugh, y'all are killing me. I don't know if I am going to be able to holdout buying the PS3 version or even entirely upgrading the system to the PS4.

Have they done anything about pitcher's taking line drives off their body like a beast and continuing to pitch?

I hit one last night on 2010 with a runner on third and the ball hit the pitcher so hard that it bounced back all the way back to the catcher who was able to tag out the runner coming from third while the pitcher was unfazed.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #88
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Ugh, y'all are killing me. I don't know if I am going to be able to holdout buying the PS3 version or even entirely upgrading the system to the PS4.

Have they done anything about pitcher's taking line drives off their body like a beast and continuing to pitch?

I hit one last night on 2010 with a runner on third and the ball hit the pitcher so hard that it bounced back all the way back to the catcher who was able to tag out the runner coming from third while the pitcher was unfazed.

i'm only in my 3rd exhibition game...still trying to get a solid feel for the game before i head into a season...i haven't seen the line drive off the pitcher yet.

another side note on the show 14 though: digging the dynamic difficulty. i'm not great at the game yet, but it seems to be bringing me along slowly. i like that.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #89
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

I drilled the pitcher in my rtts and he didn't make a play but stayed in the game
Old 05-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #90
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

seems the computer fouls off A LOT of pitches.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #91
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

I'm loving the game
Old 05-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #92
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:
seems the computer fouls off A LOT of pitches.
That is in most editions of the show. I am pretty sure there is usually a gameplay slider you can adjust for that.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #93
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
I'm loving the game
ummmmmm.......yes.

and i think i'm going to at least START my season with quick counts. really like them so far.

Quote:
That is in most editions of the show. I am pretty sure there is usually a gameplay slider you can adjust for that.
ah. gotcha. thanks....first "the show" i'm playing. i will look for a slider at some point.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:36 AM   #94
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

The franchise mode has been stripped bare. RTTS is where it's at. Made the playoffs with the Reds. Had to do two play in games just to decide the division winner because my Reds and the Pirates and Brewers all finished 87-75. Beat both of them, then beat the Dodgers in the NLDS. Playing the Pirates in the NLCS now. Once I finish them off, I have Detroit waiting for me in the WS. Need to finish the Pirates off soon because Detroit swept Seattle and their series started before mine. Not looking forward to a fresh King Felix.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:02 AM   #95
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
The franchise mode has been stripped bare.
what do you mean?

i was deciding between a season & franchise...i chose franchise, but still may go back to the season mode.

what have they done to franchise to make you down on it?

looks like with franchise you can continue your season(s) with future releases of the show....that was pretty appealing. but again, i don't know if that's where i'm gonna eventually wind up. if i play a full season (with quick counts) it will probably take me all the way to next year's release anyway. i'm not 100% sure i want to draft and all.......may just dial it back and play season mode on all the (future) releases, just so i maintain some semblance of the current year's roster.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:21 AM   #96
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:

That's because the pitcher is Clark Kent.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:50 AM   #97
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

I know this isn't the common consensus, but I think I enjoyed playing MLB 2k on the 360 more than this...
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #98
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
I know this isn't the common consensus, but I think I enjoyed playing MLB 2k on the 360 more than this...
2K wasn't a bad game at all...sucks that they didn't renew their license.

The one thing I really miss about 2K when playing the show is the commentary...2K had the best commentary of any game I've ever played.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #99
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
2K wasn't a bad game at all...sucks that they didn't renew their license.

The one thing I really miss about 2K when playing the show is the commentary...2K had the best commentary of any game I've ever played.

I would agree on the commentary. That is one area I wish The Show would improve on. I always like the 2K presentation and commentary better, but the gameplay of The Show.

I watched some streams last night on Twitch, and it looked great even for a stream.

I saw one guy throw a no-hitter with David Price vs. the Rangers. He was one bad throw by his SS from a perfect game. It was pretty awesome to watch.

I did see some people try to play online. It seemed playable, but you could tell it was laggy.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #100
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

To whoever asked the question about pitchers being hit.. I got one lined off of Verlander and he started limping and the catcher ran to the mound and the coach started to come pull him but Verlander waved him off and said he was good after walking around a bit