CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Hoodrow Wilson
kingofnerf
spurrierismyhomeboy
GamecockSuperFan
Geno-ista
qcgamecock
GregoryHouse
ZenUSC
Regalcock
USCBatgirl21
**USC vs. Clemson GA (8408)
SOS on twitter now (2177)
Ward breaks down DE (2035)
Interview with Spurr (1086)
Spring Depth Chart q (648)
Ladies #3 in AP (283)
bleacher seats in th (207)
Marshawn Lynch's bus (122)
I hope to die this d (117)
Collaborative effort (115)
bleacher seats in the out
**USC vs. Clemson GAME #3
Ward breaks down DE posit
I hope to die this doesn'
ALL CONNOR SHAW DISCUSSIO
Spring Depth Chart questi
SOS on twitter now
Dudes Vs. Chicks?
Can we equal last year's
HILLCREST RAMS ON COURSE

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #6081
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Paris Palmer

That doesn't help us for more than 1 year. Still need depth on the OL for the future.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #6082
conwaycock2
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
That doesn't help us for more than 1 year. Still need depth on the OL for the future.

Exactly how to do figure that? Palmer is a class of 2015 commitment
Old 05-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #6083
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2015 - Michael Barnett

It's Barnett people. Seriously people, his name is at the top of the thread.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #6084
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
pty

when he committed one source reported 2 to play 2

I don't vouch for that information but that's what was printed.

Edit...Fairly certain that is correct
I read 2 to play 2 as well.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 05-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #6085
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Exactly how to do figure that? Palmer is a class of 2015 commitment
oh yeah, 2 years then, Still need to reload though.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #6086
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
...how do you mean? Do you think he's going to go Pro after the '15 season? He'll come in Dec '14/Jan '15. He'll have the spring and summer to camp at SC. He'll be available to play the entire '15 and '16 seasons...unless he went pro after '15.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #6087
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

Quote:
I have no idea how you came to the conclusion I'm worried about UGA. I have no idea how you come to numerous bizarre conclusions you come up with including how having a highly rated DE in our own State who has very little interest in our program is a good thing. You do know that one of the guys ahead of Barnette was Rivers, right? Well he's gone & nobody believes he's coming back.

I'm not worried about Barnette & believe we've got some highly rated guys committed as this time. Don't see a flyer on the list. I'm just not so ignorant as to believe it is a good thing that our coaches were recruiting him & he has no interest. That's batxxxx crazy. Our coaches clearly feel he could help us, otherwise they wouldn't not only recruit but offer an in-state prospect.

Then again, I responding to a guy that believes the head football coach meeting & speaking to prospects considering his program he is a waste of time. A guy that knows exactly the reasons why anybody who wants to meet Spurrier wants to do so, even though he doesn't know the person or Spurrier.

I look forward to your next incredibly asinine statement. I'm fairly certain it will be a short wait.

BTW thanks for telling me about the recruiting landscape, I was buying PK's newsletter at Capital Newsstand, as were others on this site, before the better part of you was dribbling down somebody's leg.
There is nothing for it, man. The guy was hurt we didn't offer sooner so he obviously did have interest at some point. Use some common sense. We can't help that recruits get their feelings hurt about petty things like this and that effects them. We have an ordered wish list of players just like everyone else and we offer players when we do for a reason. If you offer too many DE at once it hurts your chances to get even one.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #6088
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I just took a look at the developing list of star ratings for the JUCO's on Rivals. They only have about 30 guys rated by stars right now. There are noo rankings for either position or overall yet. There are 3 guys also rated a 5.9 4Star, but none are higher. So it looks like Paris is sitting in the Top 3 at this point in time for Rivals. There are only six 4Star JUCO guys at this point in time.

None of our other JUCO targets are ranked (Lewis, Jones, Sawyer, nor Durant.) Most of the JUCO's they rated are committed to schools already.

Paris' high ranking just boosted SC ahead of UCLA and uga on the team rankings to #11 overall, at this point in time.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #6089
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

Quote:
Right now we've got 1 DE committed in this class & 1 JUCO who might, or might not, make it in. They offered Barnette for a reason. The reason I mentioned he's an in-state guy is because once you put that offer out it's very bad business to slow play or not make good on the offer. They had to be prepared to take him.
So you are just going to gloss over the fact that we have offers and are in very good shape with Key, Ferrell and Lewis? How many DE's do you think we are going to be taking this class? It's like 2-3

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 05-06-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #6090
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1001111796
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I'd be surprised if he didn't start right away when he gets to campus.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #6091
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I'd be surprised if he didn't start right away when he gets to campus.
He has SEC OL size, that's for sure. Also, being 3 years removed from HS and at least 2 years in a JUCO S&C program means he's probably at least on average for CFB players his age in regards to strength. Although on film he blows people up so he might be well above avg even for a CFB player.

Rodgers, Zandi, Matulis, B Stadnik and Park will be available to play OT ' 15. They'll have more experience in our system, but Palmer will have more experience with playing time and he dwarfs everyone by Zandi. I would think Palmer absolutely cracks the 2 Deep from Game 1, and has a shot but not a guarantee of starting.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #6092
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
So you are just going to gloss over the fact that we have offers and are in very good shape with Key, Ferrell and Lewis? How many DE's do you think we are going to be taking this class? It's like 2-3
Don't forget about Sawyer. Doubt we get Ferrell and Key is pretty undersized. Could end up playing TE or receiver.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #6093
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Blackshear, Lewis, and Sawyer and call it day. If we do get Key and he wants to play DE, no doubt he would have to RS his first year to get his weight up and to get some separation from the other DE's.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #6094
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000032205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

We're fine at DE.....more than likely Thomas will make it in. And don't forget whammy wants us to play the 3-4 on passing downs.....if it works out putting BAW, Skai and Walton on the field at the same time and running it more often, that's great. Let's not look for a problem where there is none.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #6095
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Don't forget about Sawyer. Doubt we get Ferrell and Key is pretty undersized. Could end up playing TE or receiver.
I was counting Sawyer as the JUCO Conway was talking about. The other two, I don't think we'll get Ferrell but he still has us as warm. Key I think there is a good chance. I like him a lot as an OLB to start out but could put on some weight and move down later. He has a good frame for it. He can eat all the steak and potatoes he wants and more now that the NCAA says so. Will see what happens with some of the others. I don't know what is going on with Wideman and Thomas qualifying.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 05-06-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #6096
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
He has SEC OL size, that's for sure. Also, being 3 years removed from HS and at least 2 years in a JUCO S&C program means he's probably at least on average for CFB players his age in regards to strength. Although on film he blows people up so he might be well above avg even for a CFB player.

Rodgers, Zandi, Matulis, B Stadnik and Park will be available to play OT ' 15. They'll have more experience in our system, but Palmer will have more experience with playing time and he dwarfs everyone by Zandi. I would think Palmer absolutely cracks the 2 Deep from Game 1, and has a shot but not a guarantee of starting.
Rodgers, Park, and Stadnick are all at G.

Matulis is at G too but he's a natural T, him and Zandi will be all we have returning. Palmer will need to be atleast in the 2 deep.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #6097
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Brandon Wimbush

Committed to Penn State.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #6098
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Van Jefferson

Quote:
There were some very talented defensive backs in attendance on Sunday but Jefferson still stood out as being on a different level. Jefferson showed elite athleticism in the testing and then showed the kind of technical route-running ability that allows him to do whatever he wants.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Playmak...-camp-28474974

Quote:
Top247 junior wide receiver Van Jefferson of Ravenwood High School in Brentwood, Tenn., said Sunday that he's hoping to visit several more schools in the coming weeks before making his college choice.
The 6-foot-2, 176-pound Jefferson — who's ranked the nation's No. 101 overall prospect in the 2015 class by 247Sports — said he's planning to visit Tennessee, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Georgia, Purdue, South Carolina, Florida and Clemson "before I make my decision" in June or July.
The 247Sports Crystal Ball points to Ohio State as the favorite to land Jefferson, with the Buckeyes getting 80 percent of the current predictions, Penn State getting 16 percent and Tennessee getting 4 percent.
per 247 Bolt

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-06-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #6099
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Zach Giella

Quote:
5/6/2014: Joe Robinson from South Carolina Gamecocks visits Zach Giella

per 247 Timeline

Quote:
Coaches from Clemson and USC were by the school Tuesday to check on OL Zach Giella of Augusta. And Clemson has been a big mover with him in recent weeks. LSU is still his favorite but Clemson and Ole Miss share the #2 spot on his list.
“I really loved the (Clemson) coaching staff,” Giella said. “Coach Morris is recruiting me and he seems like an upstanding, Christian man. The proximity is important and the facilities are top of the line. The distance is what’s getting me right now. They are very high on my list.”
Giella will visit Clemson May 30th. This weekend he is going to Georgia Tech.
USC was an early favorite and Giella visited during spring practice but the Gamecocks have dropped down the list some with the big tackle. “I’m still going thru the process with USC and I’m staying in touch with the coaches,” he said.” “They are still in the mix.”
Giella said he does have a top five in his head but he’s not ready to go public with that. He plans to make a decision this summer before his season. Some of his other offers are Kentucky, Mississippi State, Cal, Duke, Missouri, Virginia, Miami, Georgia Tech, Michigan and Vanderbilt.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ineman-giella/

Old 05-06-2014, 11:56 PM   #6100
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Rashad Roundtree

per 247 Timeline

Quote:
DB Rashad Roundtree of Evans, GA has offers from all over the country and he plans to take some visits this summer before narrowing his list to five prior to the season. Roundtree said that Clemson and USC are a strong possibility for making that list. He has yet to visit Clemson but is familiar with the Gamecocks.
“(Steve) Spurrier’s Camp was one of the first ones that I attended,” Roundtree said. “I got a chance to tour the campus and see the facilities and they’re all really nice. What stood out was the coaching staff. They have a really good staff and that’s what I am looking for.”
He plans a return visit to USC this summer and will visit Clemson for the first time.
“They’re a school I’ve been watching closely,” he said. “I really just need to get up there and see everything for myself.”
Other possible destinations this summer for Roundtree include Ohio State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn and Alabama. “Ohio State is probably the only long distance trip I’ll take,” he explained. “The rest will be around here.”
As a junior, Roundtree totaled 97 tackles, four interceptions, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
He does not have a favorite.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...emson-and-usc/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-07-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Closed Thread