CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
cockybreeyan
soccerguy79
cockyguitar
Yearofthegamecock
Cockypantherfan
BlakelyH19
Gamecocks1137
usc90grad
A&M vent thread (12987)
SOS is pissed (5827)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Jimmies and Joes (1986)
Man of my word (no t (1944)
Worst Beating since? (1769)
Players reaction to (1745)
Here is the trophy f (1707)
I'm not looking forw (1650)
Good effort Cocks (1581)
A&M vent thread
Lorenzo Ward's Play calli
wbb - Ibiam & Welch p
SOS is pissed
Atleast we can
Here's a terrifying stat
Jimmies and Joes
When will special teams b
Recruiting Question
David Williams??

Old 08-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #41
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 682
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material
Default Re: official UFC thread. (news, rumors, opinions)

Well I stand corrected, Davis won that. I thought Machida won that though.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #42
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Come on Korean Zombie!!!! This is on for free right now.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #43
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Bad ruling there, Machida won that fight it looked like to me...
When fighters sit back and wait for the other to lose their patience and charge in and that is their style like Machida...I would do the same and sit back which is kind of what Davis did for the most part and maybe that's why the judges ruled the way they did that and the take downs...
Old 08-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #44
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

1 and 2 for Aldo...3rd for Zombie..Zombie dislocated right shoulder in early 4th and it's over...Aldo wins
Old 08-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #45
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Crappy way for a championship fight to end
Old 08-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #46
uga dawg
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
Can't stand Machida's fights. Such a boring fighter. I get it, he wins his fights with his style and that's the goal, but God they are boring.
Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva, Ryan Bader, and Randy Couture all would disagree with you, if you had told them this after they woke up.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #47
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva, Ryan Bader, and Randy Couture all would disagree with you, if you had told them this after they woke up.
So those guys pushed in and Machida caught them. He's still a boring fighter to watch that never pushes the action. All he does is retreat. I said in my previous post that it works for him, it's just a boring style to watch.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #48
uga dawg
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
So those guys pushed in and Machida caught them. He's still a boring fighter to watch that never pushes the action. All he does is retreat. I said in my previous post that it works for him, it's just a boring style to watch.
Took it to Jon Jones ass in the first round, before getting caught in the choke later in the second round. the only man to win a round aginst jones so far.

the guy moves side to side and front to back, to catch guys in between steps, off balance, and with their hands out of position. then when he catches it, he catches them.

I personally don't see the boringness, but I'm just one man.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #49
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Anybody watching the new season of TUF? Lot more hugging on this one lol but its pretty good.

Fox Sports 1 is growing on me since they give so much time to UFC.
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #50
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Missed it last night but did catch the first episode. Gotta say, I thought it was a pretty good job they did. Fights were really good (save one) and some of those women are flat out nasty! You could cut the tension between Ronda and Meisha with a knife...
Old 09-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #51
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Missed it last night but did catch the first episode. Gotta say, I thought it was a pretty good job they did. Fights were really good (save one) and some of those women are flat out nasty! You could cut the tension between Ronda and Meisha with a knife...
Ronda said she doesn't like the way she's coming off on the show now that she's watching it...and she is acting like a little baby lol, I thought it was all an act to build the fight so I'm glad she at least mentioned it.

You gotta check out the latest episode, good fight.
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #52
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

This is kinda crazy...

http://www.bjpenn.com/thiago-silva-t...f-inside-home/
Old 02-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #53
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:

What?!?! Thiago Silva is one of my favorite fighters. Dont think we'll see him in the octagon for a while.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #54
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

http://www.cagepotato.com/thiago-sil...-assault-case/
Old 04-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #55
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

To quote from the movie 'Tapeheads', we've got "two ninja bitches trying to kill each other."

http://m.mixedmartialarts.com/mma-ne...t-for-UFC-175/

I am stoked!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #56
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Update on the next Ronda Rousey opponent... It will be Alexis Davis and NOT Gina Carano or Chris Cyborg!

Now, the real article I wanted to bring up is this...

http://www.cagepotato.com/human-cock...in-his-corner/

When every sport at every level is trying their best to keep concussions to a minimum, how the hell is this allowed to go on. Not only the ref and corner men but the doctor allowed it. Then, the athletic commission agreed with the decision!

Holy cow, that's not good at all...
Old 04-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #57
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Nice work for one night!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/uf...6602--mma.html
Old 05-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #58
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

He's Baaaaaaaaaaaccckk!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/m...140224055.html
Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #59
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Wow! thats pretty fast! I guess in a lot of ways it was better than having a torn ACL.. or major joint issue..
Old 05-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #60
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolinb1 View Post
Wow! thats pretty fast! I guess in a lot of ways it was better than having a torn ACL.. or major joint issue..
You are correct, reconstruction of a joint is a harder to come back from than a fractured tibia repair. 5 months is pretty phenomenal though...