CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GamecockWarrior
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
Order 66
cockymac
OriginalGamecock
conwaycock2
TAFC 5 1981
taylorssc
Ahmad
Write Us Off (605)
Independance Day gri (522)
Fictional Movie char (206)
God Bless America (188)
Happy Fourth! (130)
BBQ Musical Review f (100)
The BBQ Song (85)
Write Us Off
2015 NBA Offseason
Independance Day grilling
2016 - John Simpson
Will Max Schrock sign wit
2015 Womens World Cup
Discussion: 2016 Recruit
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
Preview of UNC
2016 - Antwuan Jackson

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 11:56 PM   #6101
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Ty'Son Williams

Quote:
RB Ty’Son Williams of Crestwood recently revealed a list of five favorites consisting of Clemson, USC, Notre Dame, Wisconsin and North Carolina. But Williams said that won’t necessarily be the five he chooses from.
“I can’t say those are the final five because I could have later offers,” Williams said.
Clemson, USC, Notre Dame and Wisconsin have been thru the school this spring. Williams has talked with his Clemson Robbie Caldwell and his USC recruiter Deke Adams. “Coach Caldwell was telling me to keep working hard,” he said. “Coach Adams and I had a brief conversation. He just stopped by to show his face.” Williams said he keeps in regular contact with both recruiters.
Williams said all are even among his five favorites right now and all are pushing hard. He wants t make his decision before the season and he probably will graduate early.
Williams has a couple of items on which he’ll base his decision. “Playing time is the number one factor,” he said. “Academics also.”
Williams has not taken any spring visits but plans to take some trips this summer.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...is-final-five/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #6102
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Jozie Milton

Quote:
OL Jozie Milton (6-3 290) of Clinton, LA plays offensive tackle for his high school but has the skills to move inside a couple of spots. He has 21 offers including one from USC and the Gamecocks have made it clear they seem him as that man in the middle of the line.
“They said they are only taking one center and I’m the top guy for that position,” Milton said. “I like it there a lot. I’ve heard a lot about the fanbase. And coach Spurrier, that’s huge. And if I play center, I may be able to last longer in the game.”
Milton said he talks every couple of weeks with Gamecock recruiter Deke Adams who was in to see him in late April Ole Miss, West Virginia and TCU also have been thru. Milton said he may visit USC this summer.
He does not have favorites and plans to have a decision around August. Some other offers are Mississippi State, Arkansas, Arizona State, Oklahoma State, South Florida and Southern Miss.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ssible-center/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #6103
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Mike Hughes

Quote:
DB Mike Hughes of New Bern, NC is hearing a lot from USC right now and the Gamecocks have him highly interested. He’s in touch with recruiter Deke Adams on a regular basis.
“He wants me to come visit,” Hughes said. “He likes my film and seems like he wants me pretty bad. I think it’s a great school. I saw a couple of their games last season. It’s a place where I could see myself playing. South Carolina would be one of my favorites if I had favorites.”
Hughes said he’s also talking a lot with North Carolina and NC State. He has not taken any visits this spring and has none planned. He hopes to make his decision before the season if he can.
Hughes also has an offer from Clemson but he said he’s not hearing that much from the Tigers.
He also has offers from Florida, Ole Miss, Virginia, East Carolina, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Wake Forest, Duke and Texas A&M.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...o-think-about/

Old 05-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #6104
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Rion Davis

Quote:
Liberty is the second school to offer DB Rion Davis of AC Flora with several other teams closing in. Davis’s other offer is from NC State and he said that several teams have begun to show increased interest.
Wake Forest is expected to visit Davis at his school this week and several other SEC and ACC schools could follow suit.
“North Carolina came by to see me last week,” Davis said. “They told me they really liked my film and may be creating another spot for me. They had already gotten someone committed for my position but think that they could use me in a hybrid-type position because I can play linebacker too.”
Davis expects Liberty to stop by during his spring practice in the next two weeks. He is also receiving mail from Alabama, Auburn and Dartmouth.
The two Alabama schools have encouraged Davis to visit. “They want me to come see their campuses and stuff like that,” he said. “I think I’ll go to a game at each school this fall.”
With two offers, Davis does not have any favorites. He said he plans to wait-and-see what other offers he could receive before narrowing that list.
He will visit Duke this summer for a tour and camp at Florida State.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...wing-interest/

Old 05-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #6105
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Garrett Williams

Quote:
With Clemson among his final four schools, TE Garrett Williams of Orlando expects to announce his decision in the next few weeks. His spring game is set for May 22nd and Williams plans to make his announcement sometime before that.
“I’m just really praying about it a lot and seeing where God leads me,” Williams said. “I’m talking with my parents and just praying a lot.”
Williams has Clemson, Florida State, Auburn and Stanford as his final four with no leader. He will not take any more visits until after his decision is made.
“I’ve already been to Clemson several times and am familiar with their culture and how they do things,” he said. “They’re very much in the picture. They’ve been by this spring already but we couldn’t talk long. They just told me why I should come there and things like that.”
Williams says there are very strong reasons for him to pick Clemson. “I love their coaching staff. I’ve known them since the beginning of my recruitment and they haven’t changed at all. They are great men, men of God, and incredible coaches. I feel really comfortable with everyone on that coaching staff. And it’s a great system for the tight end. They use him a lot and run a great system for the tight end.”
Williams said Clemson has been recruiting him very hard. Stanford has also visited in this spring with Auburn and Florida State still to come. Auburn wants him to visit one more time before his decision and Williams will talk with his dad about that, but with spring football getting underway, he does not think he’ll be able to get that in.
Williams said that he does not have a leader and is waiting for God to reveal to him which program he should choose. “Hopefully, that will come soon,” he said.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...on-this-month/

Old 05-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #6106
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Carlton Davis

Quote:
USC continues to make a strong push for DB Carlton Davis of Miami and the hard work by recruiter Grady Brown has pushed the Gamecocks into his top five.
“Coach Brown wants to get me up there because I would be one of the biggest corners (6-2 182) in his corp if I were to sign with them,” Davis said. ‘I’ve never been to USC for a recruiting visit. I plan to visit during the summer or the season. They are in my top five right now. We’ll see how the season goes. I would love to see them have a great season.”
Joining USC in the Davis top five are LSU, Alabama, Miami and Florida. Davis said his favorite constantly changes among the five but USC’s early, strong interest is a bonus for them.
“Coach Grady has been consistent. I talk to him on a daily basis. I like the program they are building.”
Brown has visited Miami and plans to see more schools this summer. He’s also planning a summer commitment before the start of his season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...nerback-davis/

Old 05-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #6107
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2015 - Jalen Julius

Quote:
The day before USC visited ATH Jalen Julius (5-11 173) of West Orange, FL, he committed to Florida. The commitment caught the Gamecocks by surprise.
“They told me I broke their hearts when I committed to Florida,” Julius said. “They said they’re still going to recruit me. I think I’ll go to a camp there this summer.”
Julius called is commitment to the Gators a strong one but has plans to take a few more visits. Other than his trip to USC this summer, he would like to visit Miami and Ohio State.
“South Carolina is a good program,” he said. “I’ve always liked them.”
His other offers include Auburn, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, South Florida, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Michigan, Ohio State, Wake Forest and Penn State.
As a junior Julius rushed for over 700 yards on a little over 80 carries. He had another 120 yards receiving and totaled eight touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...c-this-summer/

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 05-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #6108
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2015 - Abdul Bello - Florida State

Offensive Lineman from Montverde, Florida

A guy to keep an eye on, per 247.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 05-07-2014, 12:34 AM   #6109
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1000022205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Auden Tate

TBS said we are in a bit of a "holding pattern" with Tate. Coaches want to continue to evaluate him......there is risk with "big receivers without good speed".
Old 05-07-2014, 12:40 AM   #6110
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1000022205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Emanuel McGirt

TBS says it's us or Duke.....and whether he wants to stay close to home in Durham or come to Columbia.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #6111
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94320
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Paris Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Rodgers, Park, and Stadnick are all at G.

Matulis is at G too but he's a natural T, him and Zandi will be all we have returning. Palmer will need to be atleast in the 2 deep.
Right now they're G's, but we recruited them as T's. I think they're G's right now b/c Elliot is focused on getting the best players lineup's in the 2 Deep. Once Robinson and Shell go Pro next year, I bet 1 or more of those guys shift to T.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 05-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #6112
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94320
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Ricky DeBerry

He's visiting SC May 17th. It sucks that classes are out and the hotties are gone, but hopefully we'll have some hostesses lined up. j/k, but not really.

He had a blast the last time he was hear for the game we stomped the taters. He's also been vocal to other recruits about how good of a time they'll have on a visit to SC (like Adam McClean.)

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 05-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #6113
davisd9
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 562
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2015 - Arden Key

Says he knows his decision. Not a member of GCC but saw the headline on social media. Hopefully it is the Garnet and Black.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #6114
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
Says he knows his decision. Not a member of GCC but saw the headline on social media. Hopefully it is the Garnet and Black.
If he makes this statement directly after his visit to us, it certainly seems like we have a good shot.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #6115
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives is making other chickens nervousJoeMorrisonLives is making other chickens nervousJoeMorrisonLives is making other chickens nervousJoeMorrisonLives is making other chickens nervousJoeMorrisonLives is making other chickens nervousJoeMorrisonLives is making other chickens nervousJoeMorrisonLives is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Right now they're G's, but we recruited them as T's. I think they're G's right now b/c Elliot is focused on getting the best players lineup's in the 2 Deep. Once Robinson and Shell go Pro next year, I bet 1 or more of those guys shift to T.
Stadnik and Park always projected as guards.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #6116
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

There is a reason USC might pursue another JUCO offensive tackle.

Looking at our roster for 2015:

G - Matulis, B. Stadnik, Rodgers, Park, Sport, Young, Stanley
T - Zandi
C - Waldrop, C. Stadnik, Knott

Matulis could shift back to Right Tackle but I honestly think that is going to put too much stress on his shoulders which is why I think he is playing Guard.

The only other candidate to move to tackle would be Rodgers.

Mason Zandi is going to be our starting Left Tackle next year. Think about that.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #6117
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Rivals finally applied a rating to Palmer - 5.9 rated 4-star. That ties him with Mark Fields as the 2nd highest rated committed player behind Blackshear. That's the same rating Brandon Shell had and higher than AJ Cann (5.8).
Old 05-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #6118
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

You guys are back to caring about stars again. If he weren't ranked now one would care and stars would mean nothing all of a sudden
Old 05-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #6119
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

sgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
I've seen several updates over on GCC. However I don't subscribe so I didn't get to actually read them. From the accounts I've seen on Twitter though, the visit went well.

I did see pictures of him on the visit wearing a Gamecock Hat. By contrast, on his visit the week before to UGA, he was just wearing a Nike hat.

May mean nothing, but it could mean something. Know what I mean?

My beetle turned to the right when I pt him on the countertop this morning. I feel confident now.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #6120
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

sgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
You guys are back to caring about stars again. If he weren't ranked now one would care and stars would mean nothing all of a sudden

Not just stars, but decimals points!
Closed Thread