CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
SC Sandlapper
So Disappointed With (1778)
Rank the QBs under S (1339)
Back like cooked cra (935)
Tennessee game (642)
Who start on the d l (599)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (434)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (323)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (145)
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re
Vote For Cocky
Rank the QBs under Spurri


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 05:09 AM   #61
Aggie96
Resident Aggie
 
Aggie96's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 374
CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Thompson is a senior with a ton of game experience. Your QB is a true freshman right? So how does he have experience dealing with noise or road SEC environments? I don't care who Sumlin has coached in the past- you're bringing a n00b QB into Williams Brice at night. Second, you won games by a TD because you had a Heisman winning beast QB to bail you out in shoot outs. Your logic about "one more stop" is silly AF. Please go back to your Aggie board and continue wading in whatever intellectual baby pool you're used to.
We actually don't know who the starter is yet. I suspect it will Allen, but it could be redshirt sophomore Hill as well who has some game experience.

Good thing that there is more to a team than just the QB huh? Oh I know I know a new QB could never go on the road and win in the SEC. I heard that a lot in 2012. But somehow we managed to do that in every single game.

How is the logic silly about one more stop? Here let me make this simple for you. Read it slow and it might make sense to you. If we are down by 7 at the end of the game and we would have stopped them on at least one of their Touchdown drives, then we would not be down by seven anymore...

Yeah and I come from an intellectual baby pool...
__________________
Gig 'Em - you can eat the apple, but don't F with the Corps!
Aggie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:28 AM   #62
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter
 
FearThethumbandDJ's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,452
CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
We actually don't know who the starter is yet. I suspect it will Allen, but it could be redshirt sophomore Hill as well who has some game experience.

Good thing that there is more to a team than just the QB huh? Oh I know I know a new QB could never go on the road and win in the SEC. I heard that a lot in 2012. But somehow we managed to do that in every single game.

How is the logic silly about one more stop? Here let me make this simple for you. Read it slow and it might make sense to you. If we are down by 7 at the end of the game and we would have stopped them on at least one of their Touchdown drives, then we would not be down by seven anymore...

Yeah and I come from an intellectual baby pool...
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts wed all have a merry christmas.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #63
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC
 
treys1986's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hartsville
Posts: 4,525
CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Yep...you did have a new QB win on the road in 2012.

However, I doubt very seriously you have another JFF on your roster. Look, we are confident that we are going to win this game. You arguing your point isn't going to change that. Obviously, Vegas likes us, pretty handily I might add, in this game as well. Throw in the several suspensions that you guys currently have, a defense that was not good at all last year, a New QB, all of that on the road, and you can see why we are very confident.

No need to get so defensive. I'm sure your Aggie boards have a very similar tone.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #64
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned
 
Cock Kool-Aid's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Appalachian Trail
Posts: 3,262
CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
We actually don't know who the starter is yet. I suspect it will Allen, but it could be redshirt sophomore Hill as well who has some game experience.



Good thing that there is more to a team than just the QB huh? Oh I know I know a new QB could never go on the road and win in the SEC. I heard that a lot in 2012. But somehow we managed to do that in every single game.



How is the logic silly about one more stop? Here let me make this simple for you. Read it slow and it might make sense to you. If we are down by 7 at the end of the game and we would have stopped them on at least one of their Touchdown drives, then we would not be down by seven anymore...



Yeah and I come from an intellectual baby pool...

Because the only reason you won those games at all was because of Manziel. So if you're going to say the defense improved this year to allow one less TD per game then let's also assume that you score at least one less TD per game since we can safely assume your next QB will not perform at the same level that Manziel did.

You don't seem to understand the dynamics behind a shoot out in college football. Manziel went into every drive knowing he needed to score because his defense was garbage. That's why you won so many games by a small margin. You can't apply that thinking to this season because I don't believe you have a guy who can will his team into the endzone this season like Manziel could.

Let me break it down for you. This is gonna be a tough year for TAMU. The offense is going to take a drop and the defense will not be improved enough to make up for it.

I predict that SC's defense will have a drop this season, but will probably still rank better than tamu's... Also, our offense is littered with explosive veteran players including a veteran QB (a big deal whether or not you want to admit it). We have the longest current home win streak. You should be chalking this up as an L.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #65
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip
 
carolina_corpsman's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Whidby Island, Washington.
Posts: 661
CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
We actually don't know who the starter is yet. I suspect it will Allen, but it could be redshirt sophomore Hill as well who has some game experience.

Good thing that there is more to a team than just the QB huh? Oh I know I know a new QB could never go on the road and win in the SEC. I heard that a lot in 2012. But somehow we managed to do that in every single game.

How is the logic silly about one more stop? Here let me make this simple for you. Read it slow and it might make sense to you. If we are down by 7 at the end of the game and we would have stopped them on at least one of their Touchdown drives, then we would not be down by seven anymore...

Yeah and I come from an intellectual baby pool...
I am sorry, but that's like me saying If UT had scored 1 less td last year we would have won. .. who are you?John Madden?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #66
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC
 
treys1986's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hartsville
Posts: 4,525
CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
LMAO you mean that Mizzou game where he was pulled in the 3rd quarter and then Connor Shaw came back in to win the game... That one??? Or did you mean that fact that he is a 58.4 % completion rate with a 4 TD to 3 INT ratio... Yeah I tell you what, everyone should be super nervous of that guy's All World skills. Look he might be servicable and yes he has some "experience" as a starter when your real starter was injured, but he is not going to be setting any records. Be honest with yourself.
Not trying to be a troll here, just calling it as I see it.
I also want to point out aN inaccurate fact in your post. Dylan, in his career, has thrown 14 TD's with 5 Int's. That is almost a 3/1 TD/INT ratio.


Johnny Manziel for his career threw 63 TD's with 22 INTS. That is roughly a 3/1 ratio as well.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #67
Aggie96
Resident Aggie
 
Aggie96's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 374
CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Yep...you did have a new QB win on the road in 2012.

However, I doubt very seriously you have another JFF on your roster. Look, we are confident that we are going to win this game. You arguing your point isn't going to change that. Obviously, Vegas likes us, pretty handily I might add, in this game as well. Throw in the several suspensions that you guys currently have, a defense that was not good at all last year, a New QB, all of that on the road, and you can see why we are very confident.

No need to get so defensive. I'm sure your Aggie boards have a very similar tone.
Not getting defensive, one thing to point out is no one has been suspended and all have been reinstated to the team at this point. You are right I can see on paper why you would be confident.
__________________
Gig 'Em - you can eat the apple, but don't F with the Corps!
Aggie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #68
Aggie96
Resident Aggie
 
Aggie96's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 374
CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
I also want to point out aN inaccurate fact in your post. Dylan, in his career, has thrown 14 TD's with 5 Int's. That is almost a 3/1 TD/INT ratio.


Johnny Manziel for his career threw 63 TD's with 22 INTS. That is roughly a 3/1 ratio as well.
So now he is as good as JFF?
__________________
Gig 'Em - you can eat the apple, but don't F with the Corps!
Aggie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #69
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC
 
treys1986's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hartsville
Posts: 4,525
CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
So now he is as good as JFF?
Never said that. You just made an incorrect statement about his TD/INT Ratio.

I simply provided the facts and pointed out that it was similar to Manziel's.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #70
Aggie96
Resident Aggie
 
Aggie96's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 374
CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Actually those were his stats for last year... 4/3
__________________
Gig 'Em - you can eat the apple, but don't F with the Corps!
Aggie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #71
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC
 
treys1986's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hartsville
Posts: 4,525
CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Actually those were his stats for last year... 4/3

I know they were. But stats for one year dont tell the entire story. Dylan has played well for us on multiple occasions.

He has really shined when he has known going in that he is going to start. Thats why most of us fully expect Dylan to be a phenomenal quarterback for us next year.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:39 AM   #72
KSigAg12
Walk On
 
KSigAg12's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 24
CockyCash: 500
KSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Thompson is not as good as Shaw IMO but he will be more than capable as a starter. He, like A&M's new quarterback, will have the benefit of a good line and running game. These teams will be very similar offensively. It will as 96 referred to it coming down to getting that one more stop. The good news for us is USC has more questions in the secondary than we do and are replacing playmakers in the front 7.
KSigAg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:23 AM   #73
Aggie96
Resident Aggie
 
Aggie96's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 374
CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigAg12 View Post
Thompson is not as good as Shaw IMO but he will be more than capable as a starter. He, like A&M's new quarterback, will have the benefit of a good line and running game. These teams will be very similar offensively. It will as 96 referred to it coming down to getting that one more stop. The good news for us is USC has more questions in the secondary than we do and are replacing playmakers in the front 7.
Not sure I agree with you on the USC secondary having more questions than ours. We still have Matthews playing back there right?
Two words... Wheel Route

I do think both offenses will put up big numbers that day. It will be interesting to see if our defense improves like some are projecting.
__________________
Gig 'Em - you can eat the apple, but don't F with the Corps!
Aggie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #74
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter
 
FearThethumbandDJ's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,452
CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Not sure I agree with you on the USC secondary having more questions than ours. We still have Matthews playing back there right?
Two words... Wheel Route

I do think both offenses will put up big numbers that day. It will be interesting to see if our defense improves like some are projecting.
I dont know about big numbers, were gonna try and grind it out with the running game and long possessions. Were gonna wear down that inexperienced front and then try and beat you over the top when you cheat up.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #75
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned
 
Cock Kool-Aid's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Appalachian Trail
Posts: 3,262
CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigAg12 View Post
Thompson is not as good as Shaw IMO but he will be more than capable as a starter. He, like A&M's new quarterback, will have the benefit of a good line and running game. These teams will be very similar offensively. It will as 96 referred to it coming down to getting that one more stop. The good news for us is USC has more questions in the secondary than we do and are replacing playmakers in the front 7.
Yea, similar offenses except we have a battle-tested Senior QB who is playing at home. You have a green QB getting thrown into a hostile environment where we haven't lost in what? over 2 years? If it was in college station, the spread would probably be a pick 'em or close to it IMO.... but it's not.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:08 AM   #76
KSigAg12
Walk On
 
KSigAg12's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 24
CockyCash: 500
KSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

First of all, addressing the part about everything being about Johnny last year, it was just that. Last year. Johnny had to carry a heavier load because of the extremely young defense and an offensive coordinator that underutilized A&M's tremendous running backs and offensive line, IMO. Now, Jake Spavital, the new OC, is much more like Kingsbury in that he will utilize the run game. For a green quarterback going on the road in an SEC environment, this is a luxury. And I'd expect A&M to use that a lot against the 3-4 look. A&M's offense will look vastly different without Johnny, but it will still be extremely lethal. I'd also expect him to try to get Cam Clear on a linebacker when USC is in that 3-4.

96, all indications are Howard Matthews had a great spring. With the experience back there and all the raving about Terry Joseph as the new secondary coach, I absolutely expect that to be a strength.

I saw on another thread about SC's spring ball that the defensive line was a disappointment and was struggling to get pressure on the quarterback. That MUST be fixed for South Carolina by kickoff.

Do I necessarily expect A&M to win? No. But, I do think people grossly underestimate us because of no Johnny. These are the same folks you see on ESPN you simply evaluate teams based on how they were last year minus the players they are losing. They give no credit to player development, and they give little credit to recruiting, at least in A&M's case. Regardless of the outcome of this game, A&M is going to surprise people around the country with how competitive they can be.
KSigAg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:43 AM   #77
Regalcock
Fawlless
 
Regalcock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Castle Anthrax
Posts: 14,180
CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigAg12 View Post
First of all, addressing the part about everything being about Johnny last year, it was just that. Last year. Johnny had to carry a heavier load because of the extremely young defense and an offensive coordinator that underutilized A&M's tremendous running backs and offensive line, IMO. Now, Jake Spavital, the new OC, is much more like Kingsbury in that he will utilize the run game. For a green quarterback going on the road in an SEC environment, this is a luxury. And I'd expect A&M to use that a lot against the 3-4 look. A&M's offense will look vastly different without Johnny, but it will still be extremely lethal. I'd also expect him to try to get Cam Clear on a linebacker when USC is in that 3-4.

96, all indications are Howard Matthews had a great spring. With the experience back there and all the raving about Terry Joseph as the new secondary coach, I absolutely expect that to be a strength.

I saw on another thread about SC's spring ball that the defensive line was a disappointment and was struggling to get pressure on the quarterback. That MUST be fixed for South Carolina by kickoff.

Do I necessarily expect A&M to win? No. But, I do think people grossly underestimate us because of no Johnny. These are the same folks you see on ESPN you simply evaluate teams based on how they were last year minus the players they are losing. They give no credit to player development, and they give little credit to recruiting, at least in A&M's case. Regardless of the outcome of this game, A&M is going to surprise people around the country with how competitive they can be.
I think the key to exploiting us on defense is running the ball. Every team we struggled with last year stayed balanced.

It's also the way to stop our offense. Make us one dimensional and take away the run. It did not happen much last year because Connor always found a way except at Tennessee and Uga but that was due mainly to turnovers at the worst time.
__________________
Regalcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:58 AM   #78
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time
 
GamecockSuperFan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,297
CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigAg12 View Post
First of all, addressing the part about everything being about Johnny last year, it was just that. Last year. Johnny had to carry a heavier load because of the extremely young defense and an offensive coordinator that underutilized A&M's tremendous running backs and offensive line, IMO. Now, Jake Spavital, the new OC, is much more like Kingsbury in that he will utilize the run game. For a green quarterback going on the road in an SEC environment, this is a luxury. And I'd expect A&M to use that a lot against the 3-4 look. A&M's offense will look vastly different without Johnny, but it will still be extremely lethal. I'd also expect him to try to get Cam Clear on a linebacker when USC is in that 3-4.

96, all indications are Howard Matthews had a great spring. With the experience back there and all the raving about Terry Joseph as the new secondary coach, I absolutely expect that to be a strength.

I saw on another thread about SC's spring ball that the defensive line was a disappointment and was struggling to get pressure on the quarterback. That MUST be fixed for South Carolina by kickoff.

Do I necessarily expect A&M to win? No. But, I do think people grossly underestimate us because of no Johnny. These are the same folks you see on ESPN you simply evaluate teams based on how they were last year minus the players they are losing. They give no credit to player development, and they give little credit to recruiting, at least in A&M's case. Regardless of the outcome of this game, A&M is going to surprise people around the country with how competitive they can be.
Good thing is this team doesn't underestimate opponents. Maybe fans, writers & so called analysts do, but this team has a one game at a time approach and takes no one lightly. It's the biggest game of the season, and after that week 2 will be. This is going to be a close hard fought game though. The team that makes less mistakes, doesn't turn the ball over, and establishes a solid run game will win in my opinion. I can't imagine any team stopping a healthy Mike Davis in week 1 though. Throw in crowd noise (Yes it's that loud. No you're not "use to it") and the nations longest home winning streak on the A&M QB. We FIND a way to win, although it may not look pretty early.
31-21 Gamecocks.

We're returning more starters than any team that will be in the preseason top 25. Unless somehow Florida makes the the top 25 (unlikely although i think they'll win 8-9 games even with their schedule and finish in the top 25)

Last edited by GamecockSuperFan; 05-07-2014 at 03:19 AM.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #79
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%
 
PageUSC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charleston
Posts: 5,288
CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigAg12 View Post
First of all, addressing the part about everything being about Johnny last year, it was just that. Last year. Johnny had to carry a heavier load because of the extremely young defense and an offensive coordinator that underutilized A&M's tremendous running backs and offensive line, IMO. Now, Jake Spavital, the new OC, is much more like Kingsbury in that he will utilize the run game. For a green quarterback going on the road in an SEC environment, this is a luxury. And I'd expect A&M to use that a lot against the 3-4 look. A&M's offense will look vastly different without Johnny, but it will still be extremely lethal. I'd also expect him to try to get Cam Clear on a linebacker when USC is in that 3-4.

96, all indications are Howard Matthews had a great spring. With the experience back there and all the raving about Terry Joseph as the new secondary coach, I absolutely expect that to be a strength.

I saw on another thread about SC's spring ball that the defensive line was a disappointment and was struggling to get pressure on the quarterback. That MUST be fixed for South Carolina by kickoff.

Do I necessarily expect A&M to win? No. But, I do think people grossly underestimate us because of no Johnny. These are the same folks you see on ESPN you simply evaluate teams based on how they were last year minus the players they are losing. They give no credit to player development, and they give little credit to recruiting, at least in A&M's case. Regardless of the outcome of this game, A&M is going to surprise people around the country with how competitive they can be.
Not running a 3-4. That's not our base D
__________________
"Yeah, Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as they want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina." - Colin Cowherd
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #80
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time
 
GamecockSuperFan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,297
CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

^Our fanbase is getting ridiculous over these 3-4 talks! So much that opposing teams fans think that's what we're running
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development