CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
RGHoskins
CoverTwo
smoovecock
markymark550
ZenUSC
Brad Lawing (1782)
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (1435)
Constant Updates on (1323)
Currently 2nd in att (1130)
Alshon - Bose (976)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (901)
How cool would it be (811)
Garcia vs Clemson To (710)
Carolina/Clemson gam (536)
Palmetto Bowl (359)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Chattanooga upends No. 4
NEW Pics from South Alaba
Andrew Clifford Scooter A
Constant Updates on Watso
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C
Where to watch in Arlingt
Props to Volleyball!
Garcia vs Clemson Tom

Old 05-07-2014, 04:08 AM   #221
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
That MVP speech... oh man. If you haven't seen or heard it yet, it's an emotional one.
I loved it
Old 05-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #222
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i know this may merit a duh, andrew bynum officially ruled out for the playoffs by the pacers. the thunder have to play better defense, but i cant see them beating the clippers unless they get consistent production out of their bench as well as superhuman efforts from durant and westbrook. the clippers have so much firepower and they have irritants that they can throw at durant in barnes, granger, and dudley, and have i mentioned before how much kendrick perkins sucks.

pacers may need to go small again because the roy hibbert we used to know is gone. in 2014 he hasnt shot above 46.3 pct during any month and he's rebounding like an undersized point guard. i loved all these 2nd round matchups initially, hopefully the blowout victims in game 1 put up a fight the rest of their series.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:55 AM   #223
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Any issues with Russell Westbrook tonight?
Old 05-08-2014, 03:58 AM   #224
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Any issues with Russell Westbrook tonight?
Not so much...lol

When he is on he is unstoppable. I thought Ibaka really changed the game by outplaying Blake G and Westbrook played some good d on Paul.

The next game should be telling.

I wonder how the Blazers will react in the second game or will the Spurs go up 2/0...
Old 05-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #225
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
pacers may need to go small again because the roy hibbert we used to know is gone. in 2014 he hasnt shot above 46.3 pct during any month and he's rebounding like an undersized point guard. i loved all these 2nd round matchups initially, hopefully the blowout victims in game 1 put up a fight the rest of their series.
I wonder if Hibbert is battling an injury or have teams figured out how to take him out of the equation? He seemed to find something last night but its more than probable he throws up a dud in Game 3.

He was borderline dominant in the postseason last year.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #226
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i really think its been mental. he credited a fishing trip that paul george took him on after game 1 of this series. theres been speculation of a rift between them. the other thing people are pointing out is he had his breakout game right after the pacers announce bynum is out for the postseason.

im like you im not expecting a repeat of game 2 from him, but he has to at least be a double double threat and a presence on both ends of the floor for them to even get to the conference finals. i wrote him off after game 1 so i might as well reverse course and say i think the disappearing acts are over. if he does again then ill give up analyzing the pacers. its one thing for his shot not to fall, but he has to at least be active.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #227
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
i really think its been mental. he credited a fishing trip that paul george took him on after game 1 of this series. theres been speculation of a rift between them. the other thing people are pointing out is he had his breakout game right after the pacers announce bynum is out for the postseason.

im like you im not expecting a repeat of game 2 from him, but he has to at least be a double double threat and a presence on both ends of the floor for them to even get to the conference finals. i wrote him off after game 1 so i might as well reverse course and say i think the disappearing acts are over. if he does again then ill give up analyzing the pacers. its one thing for his shot not to fall, but he has to at least be active.
isnt there some rumor that paul george slept with his wife?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #228
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Joe Crawford refing the wizards vs pacers game. I know this is shocking, but the refing has been highly questionable. I don't get why this guy is allowed to ref; definitely doesn't help the NBA with its corruption image.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #229
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Pacers win a game they had no business winning. Washington blew a 19 point lead, almost as bad as the Thunder choke job today. I don't get how Hibbert is allowed to mug every driver as they go up for a lay up.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #230
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 224722
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Crawford once threw Tim Duncan for laughing.

Interesting that after all the 1st round drama the top 2 seeds in each conference are probably going to advance.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #231
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Beyonce is hot.

In other news, Pierce guarding James is not a good idea.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:07 AM   #232
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

Epic meltdown by Chris Paul and the Clippers

Old 05-14-2014, 02:24 AM   #233
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Man the Thunder fought hard those last 4mins of the game
Old 05-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #234
Salmon
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Salmon is learning to peckSalmon is learning to peck

HATERS!!!!! THAT SHOULD SHUT UP SOME OF YOU SO CALLED FANS.
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:26 AM   #235
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Clips choke game after Thunder choke. Film at...well all night with Espn.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #236
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

doc rivers claims they were robbed on a play where it appeared thunder pg reggie jackson lost the ball out of bounds after he was fouled. personally i have no problem if the officials are reviewing a play to make a judgement call on whats the most fair outcome. which is why if theyre going to review possession on a play everything needs to be on the table (fouls, etc.). im not saying every foul or loss of possession merits a review, but the ones youre going to review at least get them right.

that said the clippers collapse reminded me of the spurs collapse vs the heat last year. this may have been worse, stakes aside. i actually turned the game off and went to bed after chris paul gave the clips a 7 pt lead with 49 seconds left. the thunder gave the previous game away so maybe noone wants to win the series.

pacers revert back to form and get blown out at home in a closeout game, pathetic. the nets have got to do a better job of protecting the paint. their bigs have got to start taking charges and contesting shots.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #237
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 765832
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

I was only able to see the last minutes of the game in OKC; therefore, not knowing about the "meltdown/choke" by the Clippers, I came away more convinced than ever that this league still has issues!! IMO, it was clearly Clip ball, then the "foul" on Westbrook's 3 attempt followed by the nocalls on the other end of the court to end the game. "Here's something else Silver can address!" was my initial thoughts! Only after knowing the flow of the game, did I realize the Clips should have never been in that position to have the game decided by anyone other than the players on the court!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #238
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

The foul on Westbrook was more of a head scratcher than the loose ball call, IMO.

OKC may very well end up winning this series because they have 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league .. but you have to think the lack of scoring from their supporting cast is going to bite them eventually. Probably against the Spurs.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #239
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
The foul on Westbrook was more of a head scratcher than the loose ball call, IMO.

OKC may very well end up winning this series because they have 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league .. but you have to think the lack of scoring from their supporting cast is going to bite them eventually. Probably against the Spurs.
I hope so! Go Spurs!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #240
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

How so? Paul clearly hit him on the elbow.