CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
A. Pilgrim
Lonnie
Regalcock
Travelin
PageUSC
We Have to Pass (2625)
Rivalry Thoughts and (2458)
Spurrier weekly pres (1666)
How is Shaq Davidson (1264)
This would be awesom (1123)
Perspective on our g (883)
Currently 2nd in att (747)
SEC referees? (656)
Defense and offense (461)
Black Friday Hard Co (368)
How is Shaq Davidson's re
How cool would it be to..
Alshon - Bose
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Perspective on our game f
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Why has there been 40 yea
weekend conference Predic
Name a Gamecock

Old 05-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #81
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Lorenzo Nunez

I keep hoping to see he committed
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #82
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Just got off probation. Spurrier said he will be here as long as he wants to be here (rumor is he will stay through Connor Mitch's career)
I thought he said he would be here AT LEAST through mitchs career. The way you said it makes it seem that will be his last year.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #83
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
I keep hoping to see he committed
Me too.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #84
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

from insider notes today...could be a gamecock commit either Thursday or Friday
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #85
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Brandon Wimbush committing to Penn State today makes him pretty clearly the only target for us at QB at this time. That can't hurt our chances with his decision looming.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #86
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
from insider notes today...could be a gamecock commit either Thursday or Friday
Are those days of any particular significance?
Old 05-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #87
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Are those days of any particular significance?
Only that he said he wanted to announce very soon.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #88
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
I thought he said he would be here AT LEAST through mitchs career. The way you said it makes it seem that will be his last year.
I think with Spurrier's health and exercise routine, he is in much better shape now and he has implied several times lately that he could coach for awhile. Originally, he had promosed Mitch to stay until he graduated, but now it appears he will stay on longer than that. Also remember, SOS is very aware of Bear's record of SEC wins. It would not surprise me to see him stay until he owns that record....right now, it would take him at least 6 years to do that. I guess we'll find out....as long as he's having fun and we're winning, i don't think he'll retire.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #89
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think with Spurrier's health and exercise routine, he is in much better shape now and he has implied several times lately that he could coach for awhile. Originally, he had promosed Mitch to stay until he graduated, but now it appears he will stay on longer than that. Also remember, SOS is very aware of Bear's record of SEC wins. It would not surprise me to see him stay until he owns that record....right now, it would take him at least 6 years to do that. I guess we'll find out....as long as he's having fun and we're winning, i don't think he'll retire.
Agreed. I think we're pretty much guaranteed he'll be here through 2016 as he told Mitch. And I'm assuming by then if we stay on par he'll look at the records and think "heck...if I just stay a few more I can be #1" and he'll end up staying through 2020ish

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #90
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Nunez to announce his decision tomorrow night via twitter at 7pm
Old 05-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #91
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 32021
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

I have my fingers and toes crossed
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #92
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Gotta be us
Old 05-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #93
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

I really hope we can snag our QB early this cycle!! Hopefully he could help recruit players like BAW and D. Wash did too.
SR4-AJ1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #94
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
I really hope we can snag our QB early this cycle!! Hopefully he could help recruit players like BAW and D. Wash did too.
Or a nice big wr
Old 05-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #95
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Announcing at 630 now according to twitter.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #96
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Really think its a waste of a QB. Shoulda went after someone else. Very seriously doubt this guy ever plays QB for usc. Prolly switch positions.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:08 AM   #97
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
Really think its a waste of a QB. Shoulda went after someone else. Very seriously doubt this guy ever plays QB for usc. Prolly switch positions.
2 star Dylan Thompson was never going to play for us either. Our coaches will coach him up. He's a guy that probably won't see the field till his 3rd year in the system at best anyway and that's enough time to develop.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #98
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
2 star Dylan Thompson was never going to play for us either. Our coaches will coach him up. He's a guy that probably won't see the field till his 3rd year in the system at best anyway and that's enough time to develop.
I actually never said that about thompson. I liked his style coming out of prep. I dont like this guy.

I mean we sign Mitch who is a pro style QB. Then turn around and try to get this guy. Makes no sense.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:46 AM   #99
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Cock.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #100
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

all 25 predictions on the CB are Carolina