CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
CockyLifer
Badazcock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27514)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2132)
Simple "yes&quo (1474)
Phil Steele just pre (1200)
We actually didnt lo (1133)
Eat Crow (901)
what I think ab ward (888)
Extremely Proud (773)
Garcia: Change the R (754)
TeMarcus Blanton (702)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Nick Marshall
Extremely Proud
I want people to explain
We would be 7-1 with just
what I think ab ward
Defense question
We actually didnt lose
Simple "yes" or
End of the first half....

Old 05-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #21
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney to be on The Tonight Show May 7th

Awesome, love me some Fallon and love me some Clowney

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #22
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

I could care less one way or another about any talk show hosts but I'll tune in to see Clowney.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #23
uscsabres
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksmith1or11 View Post
watch ESPN draft academy.
Where can I find this?
Old 05-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #24
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsabres View Post
Where can I find this?
Draft Academy airs Tuesday nights at 9 p.m. on ESPN. Tonight’s show chronicles the Pro Day’s for Clowney and Bortles, attended by Texans Coach Bill O’Brien.

“The dude (Clowney) is a freak, a freak of nature,” Johnson said.
He expects the former Gamecocks star to be physically better than about any player he is going to match-up against the first day he lines up for his new team. Yet there are still some question marks.

“He has been great with us when our cameras have been there,” Johnson said. “But he is not always available. His coaches have said some things, other people have question marks on him. He went into the combine and runs a 4.47 and then chose not to do the position drills. There should be nothing to hide if you are the most athletic guy.”

Johnson wouldn’t be the least surprised if the Texans selected Clowney number one and sees potential for him to be more effective at the pro level than college.

“Central Florida played South Carolina and Blake Bortles talked about that,” he explained. “They went into that game basically changing their entire protections to make sure he (Clowney) was always double teamed. When he gets to the pro level, let’s say he signs with the Texans, they aren’t going to be able to shift their protections away from J.J. Watt, so he will find himself in more one on one situations.

“He (Clowney) said something in his interview, ‘I was the most talented guy coming out of high school. Now I am going to be the most talented guy coming out of college.’ Very few guys can actually say that. I have been around a lot of guys and usually the most talented ones aren’t the hardest working because they don’t have to be.”

After observing Clowney, Johnson doesn’t have many doubts. However getting Jadeveon into the right situation will be important with older guys that can mentor him and show him how to be a pro, how to handle his business on and off the field.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/...draft-academy/
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #25
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
This is major for USC!

Somebody dvr it and post online, this is history. A Gamecock on the tonight show?
Hootie and the Blowfish were regulars on the David Letterman Show.

As an aside, my stepdaughter has been emailing the producers and they've only got Clowney for a matter of minutes. His schedule is so tight he will not even arrive at the studio until after the show starts.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #26
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
Hootie and the Blowfish were regulars on the David Letterman Show.

As an aside, my stepdaughter has been emailing the producers and they've only got Clowney for a matter of minutes. His schedule is so tight he will not even arrive at the studio until after the show starts.
well it's not a live show so the taping has already occurred i'm sure today... never mind i see it is taped at 5:30pm
Old 05-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #27
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksmith1or11 View Post

you must not have seen any of his interviews, spoken to him, or read articles about him since H.S.

watch ESPN draft academy. He is eating up the spotlight and the media guys (real writers not ESPN desk jockeys) LOVE him.
He's always been shy...."eating up the spotlight" comes with the job. And wasn't it an ESPN desk jockey saying JD was spoiled and lazy?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #28
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
well it's not a live show so the taping has already occurred i'm sure today... never mind i see it is taped at 5:30pm
She's there now. They wanted a large showing from USC.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #29
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Very cool
Old 05-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #30
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah they tape every day around 5:30, taping also lasts a little over an hour and a half. They tape more than just what you see on the show of course. Edited for the best. (Sometimes taping can go over 2 hours, although not usually)
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #31
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

I read that some other players will be on the show with Clowney. including sammy watkins and TCU's Jason Verrett
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #32
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

Just spoke to my stepdaughter, they had a big crowd and they interviewed Clowney. Spoke about his 40 time and the Hit.

Brought out some other players but did not interview them.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #33
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Just spoke to my stepdaughter, they had a big crowd and they interviewed Clowney. Spoke about his 40 time and the Hit.

Brought out some other players but did not interview them.
Yeah, Fallon made a point to bring Clowney on the show for 2 reasons. One he is a freak, 2 he is the number one pick tomorrow. Glad this happened.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #34
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Bump. Show is about to start.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #35
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

"One of the biggest Game-cocks I've ever seen" -Fallon
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #36
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Clowney looked pumped up, already sporting Puma gear. Haven't done interview yet tho
Old 05-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #37
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

He's coming up next
Old 05-08-2014, 12:50 AM   #38
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Clowney up next, wonder what The Roots will play when he walks out.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:53 AM   #39
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Well, Zach Efron couldn't stop dropping F-bombs and Guy Fiere came off as a tool. Jadeveon can't do any worse.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:00 AM   #40
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

He did very well.