CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
Regalcock
rolinb1
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
HUGEGARNETCOCK
jebodiah
b381l
2016 Commitment - Ja (2668)
TJ Holloman (1403)
Gameday Garnet Polo (1088)
Spurrier accepts coc (1074)
They are coming to y (885)
How are we feeling a (597)
We lost a great Game (525)
2013 game vs TN is o (431)
Hard Knocks this wee (383)
"Penis Collecto (246)
texags
Favorite Gamecock of all-
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Name a Gamecock
Spurrier accepts cockys c
2013 game vs TN is on SEC
Browns announce Hoyer as
2016 Commitment - JaCorey
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
***2014 Carolina Panthers

Old 05-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #101
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly
Default Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Is there going be anyone that will have played the PS3 and PS4 versions of MLB 14? I want to know, outside of graphics, is there enough of a difference for me to upgrade from the PS3 to a PS4 right now?
ill let you know. By brother has ps3 and he's getting it today after seeing how great my ps4 looked
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #102
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
I know this isn't the common consensus, but I think I enjoyed playing MLB 2k on the 360 more than this...

2k was a silly arcade game chocked full of glitches, errors, and just plain stupidity. The Show is not perfect, but it is the majors compared to the 2K's summer college league.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #103
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
what do you mean?

i was deciding between a season & franchise...i chose franchise, but still may go back to the season mode.

what have they done to franchise to make you down on it?

looks like with franchise you can continue your season(s) with future releases of the show....that was pretty appealing. but again, i don't know if that's where i'm gonna eventually wind up. if i play a full season (with quick counts) it will probably take me all the way to next year's release anyway. i'm not 100% sure i want to draft and all.......may just dial it back and play season mode on all the (future) releases, just so i maintain some semblance of the current year's roster.

I must preface my comment by saying the last version of The Show I played before this one was the 2010 one so the changes may have been made another year and I'm just seeing it now. I hate that they took away the franchise management aspect of it - setting ticket prices, merchandise prices, parking, ability to build onto your stadium. I loved doing that. It was all strategy for me. I loved being able to take a small market team with a low budget and using some smart free agent signings to sell some jerseys while selling off all my vets with big contracts for young potential being able to build a new dynasty. They took it all away from me. The scouting for the draft does seem better though, but I don't like the potential caps on players. Like Prince Fielder is rated a 89 overall and his potential is a B. So logic dictates that at 29, no matter what you do with him, he'll never improve. That sucks. Wish they would switch over to the Madden way where anyone can become a superstar if their performance and development by the player dictates it. Some guys will naturally develop quicker, but anyone has the ability to be a Hall of Famer when drafted.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #104
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Yes. I just hurt Zach cozart on a liner up the middle that hit him
Old 05-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #105
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
Jeez...you're like the line drive king. lol.

I haven't seen it happen yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #106
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:
Good to see. It always bothers me when in the older versions when they take one of the head or ribs and act like nothing happened.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #107
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Cool Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)

Quote:
Good to see. It always bothers me when in the older versions when they take one of the head or ribs and act like nothing happened.
Not only did he come out the game but it broke is hand. 60 day DL
Old 05-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #108
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Won the World Series with the Reds. They tried to lock me up to a 7 year $10million TOTAL deal. This right after I won ROY (In only 79 games), Won the Best Postseason Player award (Had no idea this was a thing, got robbed of a World Series MVP though), and am rated 99 overall. Seriously I hit over .400 and have 35 HRs in 79 games and you really think you can lock me up for 7 years at 10 million total? Ninja please.

Wish that the money you received actually had some real value like it does in NBA 2K. Sony put out a solid-good game, but they missed an opportunity to drop THE best sports game out.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #109
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

they need to rip off MUT. completely. so does nba 2k, for that matter. fun game mode, IMO.

this is probably the best baseball game i've ever played. i miss the commentary of 2k, but the gameplay more than makes up for it....besides, it's baseball season and i usually play at night, so i just turn my top tv on, watch the braves while i'm playing, and listen to the real broadcast rather than the show. no biggie.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:21 AM   #110
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
2k was a silly arcade game chocked full of glitches, errors, and just plain stupidity. The Show is not perfect, but it is the majors compared to the 2K's summer college league.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #111
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Won the World Series with the Reds. They tried to lock me up to a 7 year $10million TOTAL deal. This right after I won ROY (In only 79 games), Won the Best Postseason Player award (Had no idea this was a thing, got robbed of a World Series MVP though), and am rated 99 overall. Seriously I hit over .400 and have 35 HRs in 79 games and you really think you can lock me up for 7 years at 10 million total? Ninja please.

Wish that the money you received actually had some real value like it does in NBA 2K. Sony put out a solid-good game, but they missed an opportunity to drop THE best sports game out.
Might as well take the deal. You can't go into free agency until 7 years after you start
Old 05-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #112
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:

How did you get your player rated to a 99 so quickly? Even if you had a couple of good MiLB years it would seem hard to do that quickly.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #113
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Quote:
How did you get your player rated to a 99 so quickly? Even if you had a couple of good MiLB years it would seem hard to do that quickly.
Probsbly pre order bonus
Old 05-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #114
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

so in addition to the abundance of foul balls, i've noticed that there are a lot of dropped third strikes...is that just part of "the show" most years?

Old 05-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #115
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
so in addition to the abundance of foul balls, i've noticed that there are a lot of dropped third strikes...is that just part of "the show" most years?
Not that I've seen unless it is just an in the dirt breaking ball.

I saw some people who bought the digital day one got an email from Sony giving them a voucher.

This is what the email is supposed to say:

Thank you for purchasing MLB® 14 THE SHOW™ for the PS4™ system. Unfortunately, the game was not available for download on the expected playable date and time. The issue has since been resolved and the game is now available for download on PlayStation®Store.

As a token of our appreciation for your loyalty and to apologize for any inconvenience, we've provided you with a $5.00 voucher code which can be added to your PSN wallet, and a voucher code for 6,000 Stubs, ($4.99 value), which can be used as in-game currency within MLB 14 The Show.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #116
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Not that I've seen unless it is just an in the dirt breaking ball.

I saw some people who bought the digital day one got an email from Sony giving them a voucher.

This is what the email is supposed to say:

Thank you for purchasing MLB® 14 THE SHOW™ for the PS4™ system. Unfortunately, the game was not available for download on the expected playable date and time. The issue has since been resolved and the game is now available for download on PlayStation®Store.

As a token of our appreciation for your loyalty and to apologize for any inconvenience, we've provided you with a $5.00 voucher code which can be added to your PSN wallet, and a voucher code for 6,000 Stubs, ($4.99 value), which can be used as in-game currency within MLB 14 The Show.

yeah. i got that email. they refunded my digital purchase too.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #117
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Might as well take the deal. You can't go into free agency until 7 years after you start
You can go to free agency by the end of your third year. Super Two rules. Besides, I have no interest in being locked up to a deal that damn long. 3-5 sure, because Jay Bruce and Joey Votto will still be high level players, but after that, hell no. I won them a title and now I'm a mercenary. Whomever will help my career is where I'll go.

Quote:
1. I went with a high default speed. Every time I get on base and have the opportunity to attempt a steal, I take it.

2. I had the pre-order bonus. You really don't have to have really jacked up ratings to make it that high.

3. 95% of my plate appearances end with the ball in play. I seldom if ever strike out. I learned early on to work heavily on my plate vision because that helps tremendously with contact. I never do contact swing. Always normal or the power swing. Even if it's an out, it's a deep out. I received like 48 points for one at bat that ended in a popout about 300 feet in right center one time. Got real deep in the count. If It's close enough in the zone for me to think it may be a strike (I turned on the absolute strike zone), I swing.

4. It can be boring as shit, but I try to do every single fielding opportunity I get. I look at that as free money essentially. Hell half your points come from making a common sense decision.

5. I'm a boss.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #118
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
You can go to free agency by the end of your third year. Super Two rules. Besides, I have no interest in being locked up to a deal that damn long. 3-5 sure, because Jay Bruce and Joey Votto will still be high level players, but after that, hell no. I won them a title and now I'm a mercenary. Whomever will help my career is where I'll go.

1. I went with a high default speed. Every time I get on base and have the opportunity to attempt a steal, I take it.

2. I had the pre-order bonus. You really don't have to have really jacked up ratings to make it that high.

3. 95% of my plate appearances end with the ball in play. I seldom if ever strike out. I learned early on to work heavily on my plate vision because that helps tremendously with contact. I never do contact swing. Always normal or the power swing. Even if it's an out, it's a deep out. I received like 48 points for one at bat that ended in a popout about 300 feet in right center one time. Got real deep in the count. If It's close enough in the zone for me to think it may be a strike (I turned on the absolute strike zone), I swing.

4. It can be boring as shit, but I try to do every single fielding opportunity I get. I look at that as free money essentially. Hell half your points come from making a common sense decision.

5. I'm a boss.
That all makes sense. I've never fully understood what exactly increasing plate vision and discipline for my player would do that I could do with my eye and hands. Can you explain?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #119
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

I'll get plate discipline out of the way first because it's simple: It helps your check your swing more/easier. The higher your plate discipline, the more you'll be able to check your swing. That's it.

Plate vision allows your player to make more contact with balls even if they are outside of your batter vision thingy. You'll essentially have more room for error with your swing and will make more contact. Not necessarily more hits, but more contact.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #120
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
I'll get plate discipline out of the way first because it's simple: It helps your check your swing more/easier. The higher your plate discipline, the more you'll be able to check your swing. That's it.

Plate vision allows your player to make more contact with balls even if they are outside of your batter vision thingy. You'll essentially have more room for error with your swing and will make more contact. Not necessarily more hits, but more contact.
Gotcha, thanks. Called checked swings always seems random to me.

I always turn the PCI thing off, but I understand what you are talking about.