CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
jrussjr
eightohhthree
SC Sandlapper
HeadCockFan
Spur's Addiction
Goofyboy
henmania
gAmkok
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Defensive personnel (1497)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1402)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1361)
Defense not an issue (1042)
Cack's Toast of the (827)
Legitimate, Unbiased (718)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (696)
I guess we don't get (672)
The Green Strip is B (378)
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
Jersey question
open discussion of this t
2016 - Bryan Edwards
I guess we don't get all
Name a Gamecock
On the other hand
Rank the SEC starting QBs
Gameday Sign Ideas

Old 05-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell
Default Gamecocks selected early in the NFL Draft?

Nearly every pundit says Clowney is going top five tonight. "Neon" Deion Sanders even says he is going to find a way to grow back his jheri curls if he is wrong and Clowney does not go No. 1. So Clowney likely will top Stephon Gilmore, who went No. 10 overall in the 2012 draft. Big George (Rogers) went No. 1 overall in the 1981 draft. Clowney will be in very select company for our school. Please help me out with my history... which other Gamecocks have been high first round draft picks? John Abraham went No. 13 in 2000. Gamecocksonline says during our history that we have had 11 players selected in the first round. Johnathan Joseph, No. 24 overall, in 2006. Who else comes to mind?
TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
GamecockSuperFan
"and so forth"

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecocks selected early in the NFL Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanCock View Post
Nearly every pundit says Clowney is going top five tonight. "Neon" Deion Sanders even says he is going to find a way to grow back his jheri curls if he is wrong and Clowney does not go No. 1. So Clowney likely will top Stephon Gilmore, who went No. 10 overall in the 2012 draft. Big George (Rogers) went No. 1 overall in the 1981 draft. Clowney will be in very select company for our school. Please help me out with my history... which other Gamecocks have been high first round draft picks? John Abraham went No. 13 in 2000. Gamecocksonline says during our history that we have had 11 players selected in the first round. Johnathan Joseph, No. 24 overall, in 2006. Who else comes to mind?
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Melvin Ingram at 18th to the Chargers. Dunta Robinson was the 10th pick to the Texans.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #3
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Dunta Robinson was a 1st rounder. 10th over all
Old 05-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Well there ya go lol
Old 05-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Troy Williamson went 7

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
Gamecock Tre
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 700
Gamecock Tre has feathers coming inGamecock Tre has feathers coming in

Sterling Sharpe went number 7 overall
Gamecock Tre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #7
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

From GCC:

"Gilmore and Ingram become the 10th and 11th Gamecock players to be selected in the first round of the NFL Draft and the first since 2006. They join a list that includes: Johnathan Joseph (2006, 24th to Cincinnati), Troy Williamson (2005, seventh to Minnesota), Dunta Robinson (2004, 10th to Houston), John Abraham (2000, 13th to the New York Jets), Ernest Dye (1993, 18th to Phoenix), Sterling Sharpe (1988, seventh to Green Bay), George Rogers (1981, first to New Orleans), Willie Scott (1981, 14th to Kansas City) and Rick Sanford (1979, 25th to New England)."
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

Thanks, everyone. And thanks, HC, for the full list. Anyone care give to his personal ranking / list the players by how well you think each of them played during their NFL careers?

Last edited by TaiwanCock; 05-08-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks, everyone. And thanks, HC, for the full list. Anyone care give to his personal ranking / list the players by how well you think each of them played during their NFL careers?
Well right now, I would put Rodgers, Sharpe, and Abraham at the top. In that order. Also, one who just missed the top 3 for me is Alshon, but then again he wasn't a first rounder.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #10
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 375
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
John Abraham (mostly because of high level longevity) then Big George and Sterling would be tied at a close second. Big G had the misfortune of being drafted by the "Aint's", imagine if LT and Big George draft positions were reversed?! We all know that Sterling would have been a first ballot HOFer if not for injury!! After those 3, there are a plethora of DBs I could list!
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

For the same reason as Russ, I would probably put Abraham (for his longevity) at the top too. Big George and Sterling were great, but they had their careers cut short by injury.

1137, if we are going to put non-first rounders on our lists, I'm going to have to put Sheldon Brown up pretty high on mine.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #12
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

Not sure how he got on the roster but Bobby Bryant had a long NFL career with the Vikings during their better days. Goes back a long way.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:25 PM   #13
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Sterling would have been the best wr ever if he hadn't have gotten injured. His numbers were great and the best quality he ever played with was majkowski
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #14
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Sterling Sharpe caught passes from Brett Favre for years.

Brad Edwards had a nice NFL career as well.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #15
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Totally forgot Gilmore and Ingram went b2b in the first that year.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #16
TakeEM
Recruit

Male

TakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his claws

Where did Sydney Rice go?
TakeEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #17
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Sterling Sharpe caught passes from Brett Favre for years.

Brad Edwards had a nice NFL career as well.
Totally had a brain fart on that I think it was 3 years that Favre was with Sharpe. They were sharpes years and Brett wasn't even in his prime
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #18
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeEM View Post
Where did Sydney Rice go?
Still in Seattle.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #19
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 116326
USCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Troy Williamson went 7

What happened to that guy? I used to dominate everyone in NCAA football with him
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #20
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
What happened to that guy? I used to dominate everyone in NCAA football with him
He wasn't that good at football . He couldn't catch a cold.

Just really fast.

Lasted 5 years in the NFL.