CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
smoovecock
Regalcock
JerseyBird
b381l
johnnyb
markymark550
ZenUSC
Constant Updates on (2842)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Alshon - Bose (1248)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1190)
How cool would it be (1063)
Carolina/Clemson gam (881)
Palmetto Bowl (797)
Chattanooga upends N (680)
NEW Pics from South (390)
Where to watch in Ar (260)
Constant Updates on Watso
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Where to watch in Arlingt
Bowl projections
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Carolina/Clemson game dre
How cool would it be to..
Chattanooga upends No. 4
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Palmetto Bowl

Old 05-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #261
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I'm afraid I have some potential bad news. TBS is now saying they would be surprised if the following players are able to enroll in Summer 1:
Wideman
Thomas
Blue
Smalls
Ritchie
It doesn't say they won't make it in at all, it only says Summer 1. So I guess we'll see how things unfold.

On a good note, Key posted on twitter he knows where he is going to college 100% and he will announce this summer. Coaches are confident it's Carolina.
That is......pathetic. High school classes are incredibly easy if you even care about learning at all and on top of that Thomas is about to fail to qualify for the 2nd time. These guys are letting their teammates down. I'd like to see the coaches target guys in the future that are focused on and off the field. I'll take a 3* who makes B's over a 4 star that can barely pass.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #262
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Shame...these kids need to decide if they want to play football or think about what could have been. It's just frustrating considering how difficult it is these days to NOT qualify. I teach high school and if you have a pulse you can easily make Bs in almost every class.
I sure hope some of these can take a couple of summer classes to bring their grades up.
Of course, there is a secondary problem as well....even if they make it in taking classes through the summer, they missed out on spending time with their teammates, learning the playbook and getting used to working out at the college level.....which will put them behind everyone else. If this turns out to be true, I think you can expect to see a hell of a lot more of the 3-4.....both Wideman and Thomas were expected to contribute this year because the LB will be the strength of the defense.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #263
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
I dont want to be negative, but like kane said, this is an underwhelming recruiting class so far. I am thrilled with the guys we have committed, just not alot going on with recruiting for us. Hope we can grab some players soon.
this should cheer you up if your a star-gazer

we are currently ranked #7 by rivals

and if your sort by avg stars, we are #3 just behind bama and socal
Old 05-08-2014, 11:11 PM   #264
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post

Wait until we get these JUCOs formally committed. We will be in the top 4 or 5
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #265
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
I dont want to be negative, but like kane said, this is an underwhelming recruiting class so far. I am thrilled with the guys we have committed, just not alot going on with recruiting for us. Hope we can grab some players soon.
you don't know what you're talking about which is not surprising reading many of your other posts.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:52 AM   #266
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Wait until we get these JUCOs formally committed. We will be in the top 4 or 5
I did a mock up on the 247 class calculator of the guys we feel good about and even through in some guys who we have a decent shot at, and I could still only get us near 270 pts, which would be a Top 10 class for '14 (b/w 6th to 7th.) However, we'd still have to hit on some guys we're really not locked in yet with like TE Chris Clark. I did include the JUCO's you mentioned.

When it's all said and done, I think we'll be somewhere in the 270-250 point range, which should put us b/w the 7th to 13th range. We're going to need to get over fifteen 4 star guys to get in that range comfortably though. Although, if we keep recruiting to our team needs, it will work out the best on the field.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #267
KaneisAble
Banned

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

I think Nunez is a great pick-up. About time we had some good news, and this is terrific.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #268
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
you don't know what you're talking about which is not surprising reading many of your other posts.
And what makes you know what you're talking about. He'll you should be a mod as much as you're on here . Or a damn coach. I had an opinion and feel like I know as much as I need to. Get a life dude.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #269
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post

Not a star gazer. Wasn't a lot going on in recruiting at the time. So I typed that. And then people want to judge me. If you look I was all about Nunez way back. Glad we got a commitment .
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #270
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
And what makes you know what you're talking about. He'll you should be a mod as much as you're on here . Or a damn coach. I had an opinion and feel like I know as much as I need to. Get a life dude.
We currently have 8 very good players committed....ranked in the top 10 by one group. That's more than we've ever had at this time of year. Both Key and Christian, highly ranked players, are projected to pick us sometime this summer. We are the leaders of 3-4 top rated JUCO players. A couple of those players are planning on visiting very soon. We are the leader or in the top group for another 10-15 players. We have many players planning to visit and participate in our camps this summer.

So you call this an underwhelming class so far and not much going on with recruiting. And you say I don't know what I'm talking about. You have every right to express your opinion just like everyone else on here. But you may want to get all the facts first before expressing that opinion. Have a nice day.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #271
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I did a mock up on the 247 class calculator of the guys we feel good about and even through in some guys who we have a decent shot at, and I could still only get us near 270 pts, which would be a Top 10 class for '14 (b/w 6th to 7th.) However, we'd still have to hit on some guys we're really not locked in yet with like TE Chris Clark. I did include the JUCO's you mentioned.

When it's all said and done, I think we'll be somewhere in the 270-250 point range, which should put us b/w the 7th to 13th range. We're going to need to get over fifteen 4 star guys to get in that range comfortably though. Although, if we keep recruiting to our team needs, it will work out the best on the field.

Yep. I was a bit overly optimistic about the JUCOs. Still, we have some studs coming.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:46 AM   #272
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Yep. I was a bit overly optimistic about the JUCOs. Still, we have some studs coming.
we have a good shot with 3-5 all ranked in the top 15 in the country.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #273
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

So assuming we take 25, here is my extremely early prediction:

QB - Nunez
RB - Williams
WR - Neal, Washington, Bowman, Christian
TE - Markway, Redmond
OL - Palmer, Hatton, Milton, Bailey, McGirt
DL - Blackshear, Jones, Lewis, Sawyer, Key, Wideman (if Prep)
LB - Pittman, Durant
DB - Fields, Hughes, Arnette, Davis

Others that could be included: P. Williams, J. Merrick, A.J. Turner, V. Jefferson, O. Johnson, B. Love, T. Samuel, N. Murray, C. Clark, B. Sandifer, C. Ferrell, A. Caban, R. DeBerry, D. Cain, N. Hines, R. McCloud

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #274
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

QB - Nunez
RB - Williams
TE - Markway, Redmond
LB - Pittman, Durant

Others that could be included: P. Williams, J. Merrick, A.J. Turner, V. Jefferson, O. Johnson, B. Love, T. Samuel, N. Murray, C. Clark, B. Sandifer, C. Ferrell, A. Caban, R. DeBerry, D. Cain, N. Hines, R. McCloud
For those of us who do not follow recruiting closely, the names don't mean much.

But, it looks like you project 25 enrollees that cover most positions, so that's good
Old 05-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #275
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 765832
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:

QB - Nunez
RB - Williams
TE - Markway, Redmond
LB - Pittman, Durant

With Sawyer in prep and if Wideman has to go that route too, will those two "spots" be able to be "counted" back to the 2014 class? In other words we, in a sense, get two additional spots for the '15 class.
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #276
Carolinafan@UTENN
Walk On

Male

Carolinafan@UTENN has hatched from the shell

Quote:

QB - Nunez
RB - Williams
TE - Markway, Redmond
LB - Pittman, Durant

I think this would be a really solid class. So is Washington an official commit now, or not really? I don't really understand the back story with all of that. I'd also really like to see us grab a second RB.

Also, I thought Milton was on the DL not OL? Is there a plan for him to switch?
Carolinafan@UTENN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #277
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

From what I understand, Washington is a commitment. I don't know why TBS refuses to put him on their list. He has visited multiple times since his commitment and every interview afterwards he makes it clear that he is committed. If there was any question about it, I think it would've/should've been cleared up by now.

Milton is being recruited as a defensive linemen by most schools but USC likes him on offense.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:58 PM   #278
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I'm guessing we try hard to get 2 running backs, maybe of different styles and maybe only 3 db's and/or 3 WR.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #279
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:

QB - Nunez
RB - Williams
TE - Markway, Redmond
LB - Pittman, Durant

That's gonna be pretty close. Based on what we know now it would be hard to put together a better guess than that. Milton would concern me just due to the shear distance from home & Redmond looks to be physically the same guy as Markway. So I don't know how that will compute. But right now that list is very realistic as well as very solid. Arnette & Davis also have the distance issue but having teammates from the same area mitigates some of the headaches of travel.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #280
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
That's gonna be pretty close. Based on what we know now it would be hard to put together a better guess than that. Milton would concern me just due to the shear distance from home & Redmond looks to be physically the same guy as Markway. So I don't know how that will compute. But right now that list is very realistic as well as very solid. Arnette & Davis also have the distance issue but having teammates from the same area mitigates some of the headaches of travel.
Deke Adams has a family connection with Milton that goes pretty far back from what I can remember.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote