CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
Cockhornleghorn
B-G
Regalcock
crowcutta
2014 Subway Classic: (2154)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1648)
Former Gamecock root (1479)
Franks boy's are pla (1369)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Has the window close (702)
Bruce!!! (627)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (613)
Kentucky is dominati (585)
Question for those w (501)
Decommitment from Texas A
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Has the window closed for
The Vent and Coaching cha
Bruce!!!
Franks boy's are playing
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Question for those who ha

Old 05-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #21
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Why wasn't Spurrier at Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Golfing
^^^

He doesn't play during the season.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #22
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
Them Clemzen folk are something else. Maybe it hurts to know that they're pussies and can't seem to get cocks off their mind??
I saw some bragging today b/c Watkins wore school colors and Clowney wasn't. Should've shown them the picture of him throwing up the spurs at the draft
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:43 PM   #23
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

God I hate the offseason.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #24
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Most head coaches weren't there.

Also, Lorenzo Ward WAS with Clowney at the draft.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:46 AM   #25
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Most head coaches weren't there.

Also, Lorenzo Ward WAS with Clowney at the draft.
Notice how much he stayed out of the picture once Clowney was drafted. He didn't make it a point to make a big scene with him when it happened like certain coaches from a certain school did.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:30 AM   #26
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Yeah SOS can attend all the special Heisman dinners he wants. Maybe he's a bit more selective considering he's a past winner and an icon among coaches. He doesn't need to wear a skirt and have pom poms like Dabo.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:43 AM   #27
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

dabo is living vicariously through his players. that is why I find it ridiculous that he can say someone is or isn't ready for the NFL. ..how would he know?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #28
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

Ah. The nitpickers. Always got to take a high USC moment to find something to complain and speculate about.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #29
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
I saw some bragging today b/c Watkins wore school colors and Clowney wasn't. Should've shown them the picture of him throwing up the spurs at the draft
Wasn't JDC wearing BLACK and WHITE!?!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #30
11SWU10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 720
11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous

Dabo is there for camera time. Will he still be there when Boyd is (if)drafted?

SOS seems to treat all players the same.
Bruce, Vic and Kelsy have enough pressure without having to sit with coaches that told them this may happen.
I'm sure he will contact them all when they get drafted or sign free agent.
11SWU10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #31
Carolina-Beez
Starter

Male

Carolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I'm sure Clowney knew for some time he was going to go number 1. Did he really need the support?
I heard Clowney learned he was going to be picked by the Texans 4 minutes before his name was called.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #32
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

I don''t say SS or Dabo should or not have attended. Nor does not wearing the insig definitively state JD loves his institution less than Watson. These are individual with individual feelings we do not always truly know.
I will say this in regards to SC former roster opposed to CU. Ongoing throughout the tenur of SS and somewhat to include prev HCs and throughout the tenur of Dabo and more clearly to include prev HCs a differing atmosphere in regards to the relationship former players share with the program. We have seen it in recruiting on the front end, players noting how upon visiting CU they felt "at home", "family atmosphere", etc.
On the back end recruiting we have seen the significantly greater % of draftable CU players who stay for 4th or even 5th seasons. And most significant the ongoing endearment many speak of the CU program and how this is demonstred though such things as legacy players.
There is an image that from first contact to last programs like CU value attaining, and ongoing, individual players more than others to include us. I don't doubt that both there positive and our negative is played up. Any smart program plays up such things. Still typically where there is smoke there is fire and they fan the flame.
The consistency of such is not devastating but I, for one, find it troubling.
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #33
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

I think Spurrier is a free agent and not eligible for the draft.

Maybe Saban and Dabo thought they were gonna get picked
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #34
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 is developing his combCarolinaSpur12 is developing his combCarolinaSpur12 is developing his combCarolinaSpur12 is developing his combCarolinaSpur12 is developing his combCarolinaSpur12 is developing his combCarolinaSpur12 is developing his combCarolinaSpur12 is developing his combCarolinaSpur12 is developing his combCarolinaSpur12 is developing his comb

If I'm a 21-22 year old athlete getting drafted, I'd want my head coach there. Even if I only spoke and talked with him for 5 minutes during the whole draft, I'd known he was there and it would mean a lot. But to each his own.

CarolinaSpur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #35
Taylorspur
Recruit

Taylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spurs

You've just been put on the books for millions of dollars, you are surrounded by your family, you have meetings with every one trying to get a piece of you. Do you really care if your head coach is there? It's like you graduate and expect one of your professors to pat you on the pack.
Taylorspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #36
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

Based on dumbo's advice to hang around for an extra year Boyd should have been there to kick dumbo's rear end up though his teeth on national tv. Dumbo cost Boyd a lot for his selfish reasons.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #37
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Honestly, I think it was a little disrespectful.
Spurrier gives his players tons of support. He doesn't need to be in New York with them. That should be for the players and their families. Spurrier's place is not there.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #38
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
I don''t say SS or Dabo should or not have attended. Nor does not wearing the insig definitively state JD loves his institution less than Watson. These are individual with individual feelings we do not always truly know.
I will say this in regards to SC former roster opposed to CU. Ongoing throughout the tenur of SS and somewhat to include prev HCs and throughout the tenur of Dabo and more clearly to include prev HCs a differing atmosphere in regards to the relationship former players share with the program. We have seen it in recruiting on the front end, players noting how upon visiting CU they felt "at home", "family atmosphere", etc.
On the back end recruiting we have seen the significantly greater % of draftable CU players who stay for 4th or even 5th seasons. And most significant the ongoing endearment many speak of the CU program and how this is demonstred though such things as legacy players.
There is an image that from first contact to last programs like CU value attaining, and ongoing, individual players more than others to include us. I don't doubt that both there positive and our negative is played up. Any smart program plays up such things. Still typically where there is smoke there is fire and they fan the flame.
The consistency of such is not devastating but I, for one, find it troubling.
We're not running an adoption agency for old boys. We're looking for grown men who are driven to win championship and don't need a babysitter to keep them in line.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #39
Xnex
Blue Chip

Male

Xnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his comb

Spurrier is stubbornly old school and also refreshingly old school, it just depends on the situation as to whether a particular odd school habit is a positive or negative. IMO, Spurrier appearing at the draft would or could be a very good thing for our program as well as our recruiting. But I don't expect to ever see him show up there.
Xnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #40
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

SOS did go to NY when Danny Wuerffel was awarded the Heisman in 1996. That is a bit different though IMHO. I think he is just not the media hound that some other coaches are.