CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
l^l^lBGCock
jrussjr
eightohhthree
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
Lonnie
gamecockgal
A. Pilgrim
Clowneygotcha
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (2389)
Elliott Fry crushes (2320)
Tired of night games (1588)
The SEC East schedul (1130)
Cooper (1110)
20 of 31 former play (1050)
Coach Elliott pregam (914)
Been a pleasure talk (848)
What the heck is up (812)
Next years RB situat (698)
Freaky Coincidence or Div
Defensive stand-around pl
Well, as it turns out, we
High Resolution Photos
Luginbill says ECU should
Next years RB situation
ECU fan here
Shout out to JT Surratt f
Coach Elliott pregame.
Cooper

Old 05-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #201
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Lorenzo Nunez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Absolutely. I'm over the moon he picked us. If our coaches want him in the program, that's good enough for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenscock2 View Post
We've gone through a long procession of qbs since SOS arrived at USC. At one time or another, posters just like the above, have proclaimed each of their greatness as the coming of a qb who will win the job hands down as soon as they get on our campus to show their stuff. The beat goes on. Practice and game performance will settle the speculation for most of us but there will always be a few who carry the banner for a qb who hasn't performed.
I was clearly the poster above and I have no idea what you are talking about.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #202
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

My response is to the entire thread not just yours. A segment of our posters always proclaim the latest commit to be the next qb to take over even though the qb in question has never stepped on our practice field. It carries over to the qb's in the program as to who will win the job. That's all.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #203
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Absolutely. I'm over the moon he picked us. If our coaches want him in the program, that's good enough for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenscock2 View Post
My response is to the entire thread not just yours. A segment of our posters always proclaim the latest commit to be the next qb to take over even though the qb in question has never stepped on our practice field. It carries over to the qb's in the program as to who will win the job. That's all.
OK.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #204
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
...bunch Nostrodamusus up in here.
I knew you were going to say that.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #205
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwylie View Post
All these are fixable if he is mentally tough enough to handle the HBC.
He doesn't have to...G.A. is his coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
do any of you see a similarity to Connor Shaw's presence in the pocket ?
I'll take another Connor Shaw! I love watching me some smart football.

Welcome Lorenzo....can't wait to see you in action!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #206
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
And he can be an even better WR...
Or maybe an even better QB? You nor anyone else knows what this guy is going to look like in 3 years.

I trust the coaches that developed Connor Shaw and Dylan Thompson and got us to our first Top 5 finish ever.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #207
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Article via GCC for those that missed it.

Quote:
QB Lorenzo Nunez of Kennesaw, GA committed to USC Thursday night in a tight decision over NC State and Ohio State, and Nunez said a major reason he will be a Gamecock is the chance to be tutored by Steve Spurrier.
“Spurrier is a great coach, a Heisman winner,” Nunez said. “I think he can make me a better player and quarterback and teach me things I don’t know. They’ve been 11-2 the past three years. There’s great weather and they are close to home. And I have a great relationship with the coaching staff.”
Nunez also had Tennessee and Miami on his short list but he got that list down to the final three and thought about the decision for weeks. He visited USC for the spring game and NC State the week after. He also paid a visit to Ohio State.
“It was very difficult,” he said. “The three schools were close to each other. I think I made the right decision. The SEC, the competition and Spurrier and his history with quarterbacks and stuff like that.”
Nunez is well aware of Spurrier’s tough love approach to coaching his quarterbacks and he’s fine with that.
“Coaches are going to push you hard and I think I’m ready to handle it,” Nunez said. “I’m not afraid to be yelled at or anything like that.”
And Nunez won’t come to Columbia thinking about being a backup. “I’m ready to compete for a starting position.”
Nunez is not graduating early so he will miss spring practice next year.
Last season Nunez passed for 1148 yards and 5 touchdowns and rushed for 786 yards and 7 touchdowns. “I can extend a play,” he said. “My first option is to throw but I can move the pocket.”
Nunez is USC’s 8th commitment for the 2015 class.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...r-big-for-him/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-13-2014 at 10:51 PM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #208
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29795000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He is a good QB. And he can be an even better WR

And he is a 190 lbs. How many 190 lbs QBs do you know?
Have you seen him play WR? What makes you think he'll be a better WR than QB, especially since he's actually a QB?

As for him "only" weighing 190 lbs, he's probably just gone to his Jr Prom. He still has his entire Sr year, the Summer after he graduates, and probably a RS year as a true Freshman with our S&C Program to gain size/weight. He's what, 6'2", 190 now? He may be 6'3", 230 by the time he gets here. I'm not concerned in the slightest with his size.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:32 AM   #209
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Getting rave reviews about his performance at the Elite 11 camp he is at, I think maybe in ATL. Many people are saying that he might get a spot in the national elite 11 camp. Hes been throwing with great accuracy, velocity and composure. If he sticks, its looking like we got an amazing QB!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:07 AM   #210
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Was not one of the 3 qbs picked tonight for the elite 11. Last three spots will be chosen after the last NfTc camp on June 8. His best shot would have been to make it in tonight as he will not be competing in the final camp. Still looks like we got a good one.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:10 AM   #211
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Article via 247

Quote:
The Gamecocks quietly worked Nunez during much of the spring and ended up landing the nation’s No. 8 dual-threat quarterback prospect May 8, beating North Carolina State for his services. The skill set of the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Nunez further emphasizes that South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier’s offense has evolved to where a mobile quarterback with a good arm is a better fit than a statuesque pocket passer. Nunez received a lot of attention early in the cycle, but his commitment barely made a splash on the national scene. Neither did Connor Shaw’s commitment to South Carolina in the spring of 2010, but by the time Shaw graduated, most observers of the Gamecocks program see it as significant.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Jake-Br...ommit-28881648

Quote:
Nunez finished 5 of 5 in the pressure chamber and put together a nice collection of throws. It was a good representation of his day as a whole. The South Carolina commit was the most athletic player in attendance, showed great footwork and was coachable. At times the ball wasn’t always on target but he showed a lot of promise with his natural tools.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Michiga...ional-28941904

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 06-04-2014 at 12:26 AM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #212
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/...inas-spurrier/
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #213
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

He will most likely redshirt, get the playbook in his head, and compete full tilt his second year. If he studies and works hard, he may get some playing time. That seems to be the way it works here. I wish him the best.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #214
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

He will most definitely redshirt. Mitch will be a rs sophmore, and will be the starter. The staff is very high on Mitch, so I see him being a three year starter.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #215
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Hopefully he'll be ok with sitting for up to 3 years before he gets his chance. Seems to me like he's got a good head on his shoulders and I'm optimistic about him being a very solid QB in the future.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #216
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
He will most definitely redshirt. Mitch will be a rs sophmore, and will be the starter. The staff is very high on Mitch, so I see him being a three year starter.
We have some great QB competition behind DT. I agree that Mitch is in the lead, but we'll see how things work in real game situations.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #217
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

I'm hoping Mitch turns out to be a great one but before projecting out the next 3 years let's let hin take a snap or two in a game. Competition is great and talent will be behind him.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #218
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Hopefully he'll be ok with sitting for up to 3 years before he gets his chance. Seems to me like he's got a good head on his shoulders and I'm optimistic about him being a very solid QB in the future.
I doubt he'll stay 3 years just watching......after the first year, the coaches have told him they'll be a fair competition for the job. We'll see.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #219
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 470000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Most people do not remember a QB by the name of Pat Turner who was brought in to compete with Todd Ellis
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #220
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
Most people do not remember a QB by the name of Pat Turner who was brought in to compete with Todd Ellis
Ive never heard about that. Care to share? I wasnt even alive then. Lol.

So this dude really only threw 5 tds last year?
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote