CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
GamecockMomSC
Cockhornleghorn
markymark550
Regalcock
2000grad
RGHoskins
We Have to Pass (2199)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1619)
Spurrier weekly pres (1475)
This would be awesom (967)
How is Shaq Davidson (787)
McConaughey cast as (563)
Perspective on our g (536)
SEC referees? (400)
Defense and offense (369)
Currently 2nd in att (359)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg

Old 05-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Lattimore Ready?

I see the 49ers just drafted a RB. What does that say about where Lattimore stands with the organization?
Old 05-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lattimore Ready?

I don't assume it has anything to do with lattimore. could have more to do with lamichael james(hasn't shown up for voluntary workouts yet) or kendall hunter(who is only 5'7). You have to have 2 rb's now and gore is almost done. hyde and lattimore IMO
Old 05-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Yea that kinda surprised me as well. Hyde is a good RB and very similar to Marcus. Let's hope they're the future 1/2 punch (Marcus #1 of course)

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I see the 49ers just drafted a RB. What does that say about where Lattimore stands with the organization?
He has never seen the field, and RB's can be hurt regularly. Some considered Hyde the best RB in the draft. I think it means they aren't sure what to expect from Lattimore after that last injury (none of us do really) and Hyde is too highly rated in their syste!m to pass him.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Marcus got drafted while in rehab. I don't see San Fran getting rid of him anytime soon.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #6
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

A "just in case" pick. Lattimore is said to be ok, but you never know till he sees real action. Plus Gore is pretty close to being done, so even if Lattimore pans out, now you've got a backup already in the stable for him.

The niners love their Tailbacks, and their a physical running team, so you can never have enough.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #7
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

It was just a win win insurance pick.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:44 AM   #8
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Also might just be an insurance pick because Gore isn't getting any younger. He is about to turn 31 so.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #9
burr
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
burr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spurs

Team stats showed 'niners rushing 52% of plays, highest in NFL, so RBs are always welcomed, I would imagine. Personally, it will definitely be more (even more) motivation for our #28. i was hoping 'niners would ring up Bruuuuce since another team stat showed only two receivers catching TDs last season.
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #10
A. Pilgrim
Two Deep

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Even Lattimore has said he doesnt have that first burst yet (he never had an explosive first burst to begin with...and i dont mean that as a criticism, just not his strongest point)

He said he likely won't get that back until he's actually on the field again.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #11
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Someone posted a link on twitter last night where Lattimore said that he was not ready, physically or mentally. I was hoping that it was an old link, but it was dated for yesterday. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...rcus-lattimore

Last edited by cockymac; 05-10-2014 at 10:44 AM.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #12
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
I don't assume it has anything to do with lattimore. could have more to do with lamichael james(hasn't shown up for voluntary workouts yet) or kendall hunter(who is only 5'7). You have to have 2 rb's now and gore is almost done. hyde and lattimore IMO
This is the correct answer. The Michael is done in SF.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #13
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Here's the full article. It's fantastic. And, in my understanding, Marcus is such a realistic young man. He won't concede he's 100% till he's had a number of games under his belt.

I wouldn't worry about it. We're going to see him carrying the ball this August. He needs to take a few sharp licks to get his confidence back.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...-knee-halt-nfl
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #14
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I have a feeling Lattimore is going to walk on the field this fall, and really make a name for himself. He is going to get at least 600 yards this year on the ground, at least.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #15
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Someone posted a link on twitter last night where Lattimore said that he was not ready, physically or mentally. I was hoping that it was an old link, but it was dated for yesterday. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...rcus-lattimore

Lattimore concedes that he still lacks the first-step burst, the explosiveness through the hole, that once helped him rush for 1,197 yards with 17 rushing touchdowns as a freshman at South Carolina. Lattimore suspects that part wont come back until hes on the field again and gets the adrenaline boost that comes from being chased by a defender.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #16
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Old 05-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #17
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Makes me miss having him on the team.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #18
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 300
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
Team stats showed 'niners rushing 52% of plays, highest in NFL, so RBs are always welcomed, I would imagine. Personally, it will definitely be more (even more) motivation for our #28. i was hoping 'niners would ring up Bruuuuce since another team stat showed only two receivers catching TDs last season.
They did pick up Bruce
Old 05-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #19
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

lattimore is still an unknown at this point, but its a value pick. you get the top rb on your board and both hyde and marcus are ready to contribute this season then theyll find a role for them with gore starting to get up there in age. then when gore moves on youre already set at rb without having to reach for either player.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #20
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Was shocked over the drafting of a RB in the 2nd so this might be an insurance pick since Gore has 2-3 good years left, Lattimore has been cursed with major injuries hadn't played a full season without some form of injury, so the pick made sense.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote