CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
B-G
Gamecocks1137
highstick
Interesting quotes f (2189)
Have you ever been s (1381)
Key for 2015 defense (861)
Tennessee Offense Br (859)
Skai Moore out for U (599)
Women's Team Ranked (552)
This season and recr (466)
Lebron makes Clevela (399)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (265)
For all the uniform (217)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Brady Hoke Motivational S
Lebron makes Cleveland re
Interesting quotes from D
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Chances we win out now?
Skai Moore out for UT
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 05-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #841
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft (May 8th-10th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
I'm not sure that it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
This is the south. A lot of these athletes are from this area. That's my thought process. I don't know if it's really a higher percentage it's just the non religious athletes you would never hear from so you don't know
74% of americans believe, ive never once heard of an athlete saying they dont. I guess its a way to not say youve failed and the belief that something better is on the horizon.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #842
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Rumors of shaw to cleveland. Confirmed by shaw!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #843
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Only 2 guys drafted while Clemson had 5. Won't help with recruiting. Pretty disappointing. Many NFL GMs make horrible decisions in the draft. It's mind boggling. Logan Thomas? Really?
Spurrier has still put more players in the pro's in his time here than Dabo so If Dabo wants to play that card then Spurrier can just pull out his list too.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #844
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
That's an awful place for him to go.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #845
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quelcy and Connor got screwed!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #846
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Ive never understood why religion is so high among athletes compared to the normal population.
Are you kidding me. 10 years ago they still believed in Santa. 12 or 13 years ago they may have still been buying into the tooth fairy, and 15 years ago, the Easter Bunny. Gees, give them a little time.

PLUS, without a father, in a lot of cases, they may accept the heavenly father as consolation.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #847
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Are you kidding me. 10 years ago they still believed in Santa. 12 or 13 years ago they may have still been buying into the tooth fairy, and 15 years ago, the Easter Bunny. Gees, give them a little time.

PLUS, without a father, in a lot of cases, they may accept the heavenly father as consolation.
You're obvious attempt at trolling on religion is played out and un-original.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #848
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb
Default 2014 NFL Draft (May 8th-10th)

Quote:
74% of americans believe, ive never once heard of an athlete saying they dont. I guess its a way to not say youve failed and the belief that something better is on the horizon.
74% of American believing sounds like the results of a poll. Not that 24% of Americans randomly came out and said "I don't believe."

Why would athletes just come out and just say "Hey I don't believe in God!"

That usually only happens on the internet by people with an elitist mentality who want to show they are smarter than the idiots who believe in God and want to be edgy and start an argument. (not referring to you)

ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #849
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Great landing spot for Shaw because he can compete for that backup job. If he wins that with Johnny Football's size and style of play he may have issues staying healthy all year.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:21 PM   #850
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Did Sentreal Henderson get drafted?
Old 05-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #851
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Did Sentreal Henderson get drafted?
Yes. He went in the 7th, I think, to the Bills.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #852
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
74% of American believing sounds like the results of a poll. Not that 24% of Americans randomly came out and said "I don't believe."

Why would athletes just come out and just say "Hey I don't believe in God!"

That usually only happens on the internet by people with an elitist mentality who want to show they are smarter than the idiots who believe in God and want to be edgy and start an argument. (not referring to you)

Well, granted i dont. With the Michael Sam thing i found myself wondering how an atheist or agnostic would be accepted since religion is such a touchy subject. Granted, if someone tried to push faith on me i will defend what i believe but i try to avoid confrontation on the subject.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #853
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

This is not good for Shaw at all. This Cleveland placement is stupid. Check this out...
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...anziel-jerseys

Not only does Connor Shaw have to try and beat out Manziel in the QB position, but this guy Manziel has Lebron James and his marketing power in his back pocket? Wow

Id hate to be in that position, talk about getting nothing from something good.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #854
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
This is not good for Shaw at all. This Cleveland placement is stupid. Check this out...
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...anziel-jerseys

Not only does Connor Shaw have to try and beat out Manziel in the QB position, but this guy Manziel has Lebron James and his marketing power in his back pocket? Wow

Id hate to be in that position, talk about getting nothing from something good.
Those same people are gonna turn on johnny if he doesnt produce real quick.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #855
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Those same people are gonna turn on johnny if he doesnt produce real quick.
Your right, and I have a feeling that is just what will happen. How wierd would that be if Manziel turned out to be a bust and Shaw is the QB of this team in the future.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #856
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Maybe Shaw is there partially to babysit Manziel. It sure sounds like JFF could benefit from Shaw's example when it comes to off-field conduct, game preparation, etc.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #857
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
Maybe Shaw is there partially to babysit Manziel. It sure sounds like JFF could benefit from Shaw's example when it comes to off-field conduct, game preparation, etc.
Thats all good spirit, but I would rather him be there to play.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #858
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Add him to the list
Old 05-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #859
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Johnny Manziel = Stephen Garcia
Old 05-11-2014, 12:04 AM   #860
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Thats all good spirit, but I would rather him be there to play.
Oh yeah, me too. It's a shame Shaw has to contend with both Manziel and Hoyer. Hell, Tajh Boyd might have gotten lucky landing with the Jets -- QB has been a circus up there, so who knows who they'll be trotting out any given week.