CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
cockybreeyan
Gaichon
ChickenButt
Freshman ND WR " (663)
Call of Duty: Advanc (490)
Good Riddance to bad (385)
Keeping tailgate foo (282)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (242)
An A to Z of Noah We (166)
The Comeback & T (83)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (66)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (66)
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA (65)
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Bashing Players, coaches,
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Texas athletic director:
Rest of the season predic
So Disappointed With The
Why I think we beat Aubur

Old 05-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #21
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9450
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: QUARLES AND HAMPTON SHOULD HAVE STAYED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I feel bad for vic. That twitter post was rough. "I promise I'm not a bad person"
Well that's just sad actually. Who is advising this guy?
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #22
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

We have had so many players leave early for nothing much over the years that I think this lesson is lost on most of our players. Obviously JC is the only player who should have left early this year.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #23
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

If the NCAA strips the eligibility from players for declaring for the NFL draft after a certain time period - then I do not get mad at the runners and agents for pouring hiney in the players' ears. I fault the NCAA for not tweaking the system to avoid this. Seems like they could amend the eligibility rule for underclassmen so that they have the option of returning to college if they get drafted in the late rounds or go undrafted.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #24
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
If the NCAA strips the eligibility from players for declaring for the NFL draft after a certain time period - then I do not get mad at the runners and agents for pouring hiney in the players' ears. I fault the NCAA for not tweaking the system to avoid this. Seems like they could amend the eligibility rule for underclassmen so that they have the option of returning to college if they get drafted in the late rounds or go undrafted.
Makes too much sense for the NCAA.......
Old 05-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #25
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksmith1or11 View Post
pisses me off all these anti gay teams not drafting Sam just because he is gay obvious sarcasm
Can't tell if you're serious or not

Edit: white text strikes again :(
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #26
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 699000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
If they do not hire an agent, then they have recourse .................No?
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #27
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I am fairly sure that Connor Shaw has an agent. Not sure about Vic and Quarles.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #28
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

Quote:
I completely agree. The other thing I have thought about is a reduced pay scale for those without a degree. Unfortunately, for a 22 year old, half a gazillion vs a gazillion probably doesn't matter.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #29
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post

All of them do.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:31 PM   #30
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

It's unbelievable that Vic is the last one not to be signed.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #31
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
did sutton get signed?
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #32
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

We've had some that came back....Eric Norwood, Cory Boyd, Kenny McKinley, AJ Cann, and Corey Robinson.

Back to Hampton, Jr; and Kelcey...teams doing the picking felt there were obvious better players ahead of them....some hidden on rosters not many knew about. I'm a little surprised, but not shocked. Neither were dominant players.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #33
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Is it? Marginal talent with off field issues. What's unbelievable is that he thought he'd get drafted.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #34
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9450
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

We'll wait a minute now, there were no shortage of posters just a few months ago that completely supported Vic's decision to bail on the team early? Boy they sure know how to clear a room fast. I guess they'll be back post bowl game when the next round of guys go for broke again next year.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:37 AM   #35
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Probably should have stayed out of that nightclub. Things that bite you don't always seem right. What's done is done. I expect Vic to do the work he needs to do to keep from losing his dream. Hope he gets a FA deal; if not check out Canada or any options available. He's got talent, and I expect he will keep trying and working hard. Hope his support system includes family, team-mates, fans, and others willing to help him keep on the path to getting to play. The other undrafted guys who signed have one step up toward making a team. It's a chance. If it doesn't happen for them, they will maker other plans.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #36
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Hampton didn't get drafted because he's a corner & ran very poorly at the combine. CB at the NFL level requires speed & lack of speed will kill your draft status in the eyes of the people who count.

Sad part is, Hampton plays much faster than his times. I recall very few times in his career when anybody just blew by him. Very few. At times he was very good in coverage, consistently solid & got beat badly only when he started free lancing for a brief period earlier in the year.

Off field issues are never a positive but the NFL has consistently proven year after year talent will trump all else. The guys who really pay a price are bubble guys, those issues can be the difference between being drafted or undrafted. Hampton never did anything,, that were it not for other factors, off the field that would have caused him to go undrafted. Lack of speed at the combine was the killer.

Hampton played plenty well to deserve a shot. I hope he gets it & I think he will.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 05-11-2014 at 01:07 AM.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #37
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
many of the analysts have written in both of their gradings, that they could have stood another year in college. i agree. this team would have been so nasty this year, if they would have stayed.

i'm so sick of players jumping ship early from this program, and going in the 5th, 6th or 7th round, if at all.
you dont say..

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:12 AM   #38
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quarles got robbed inexplicable how he wasnt drafted

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:13 AM   #39
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I THINK that you have to have an agent in order to be allowed to declare for the draft.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:27 AM   #40
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
Quarles got robbed inexplicable how he wasnt drafted
I bet the incident at the club scared off a few teams even though he did nothing wrong.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote