CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cockybusiness2
Coulwoodwarlord
GSC2013
SCohioBoy
gamecock88
LeeSC
SwampFox
jrussjr
beak2
WeStillOwnUSC
Kentucky prediction (1556)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1341)
Just Booked my Hotel (1164)
So What? (606)
Best position coach (580)
The New Idea That'll (423)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (308)
Waldrop doubtful for (290)
So What? (204)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (153)
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Kentucky prediction
Best position coach or co
Optimism? Week 1-4 offens
Build a New Stadium
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
4th & 1 Play
Upstate Football Games Re
400 pasing yards
Fall Practice

Old 05-11-2014, 12:52 AM   #1
GamecockBasedGod
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
GamecockBasedGod has hatched from the shell
Default Connor Shaw is a Cleveland Brown!!!

He announced it on Twitter, wow him and Manziel on the same team I never would have guessed anyway good job Connor one of my favorite Gamecocks of all time
GamecockBasedGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #2
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: Connor Shaw is a Cleveland Brown!!!

free agent?

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:35 AM   #3
GamecockBasedGod
Walk On

Male

GamecockBasedGod has hatched from the shell

Yea it was undrafted free agent
GamecockBasedGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:22 AM   #4
Spurball
Walk On

Male

Spurball has hatched from the shell

All he needs is the chance!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Spurball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #5
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Here's hoping Manzel's Garciaish type concerns are behind him but it appears that the Browns aren't totally convinced.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:07 AM   #6
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws

Dang!!!! Cleveland is where Qbs go to die. I hate it for a great player like Connor
Braveguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:17 AM   #7
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Will be pulling for him , I am not sold on Johnny football he throws up a lot of prayers that will probably get picked in the pros
Old 05-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #8
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
Dang!!!! Cleveland is where Qbs go to die. I hate it for a great player like Connor
his attitude and work ethic is what that team needs , not manziel and his antics. I mean Manziel did the money thing while he was walking on the stage to take picture with Goddell , I dont see him bringing hard work and dedication to the the Browns.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #9
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
Those QBs weren't Connor Shaw. New Carolina, dude. They used to say USC was a coaches graveyard
Old 05-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #10
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I was surprise that the Browns took Manziel. I'm even more surprised that they then took Shaw. You don't need two of that style QB. One of them willl be gone in short order. Maybe they will trade Manziel for some real talent needed at other positions and keep the real deal with CS.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #11
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
his attitude and work ethic is what that team needs , not manziel and his antics. I mean Manziel did the money thing while he was walking on the stage to take picture with Goddell , I dont see him bringing hard work and dedication to the the Browns.
exactly. connor brings that blue collar hard work ethic to cleveland and the fans will love him.
bobbycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #12
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Johnny Manziel doesn't work hard?
Old 05-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #13
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Manziel and Shaw have a lot of physical similarities so I guess Cleveland would make sense for Shaw.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #14
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Johnny Manziel doesn't work hard?
Yes, both Connor and Johnny are hard workers. It's just Johnny has a history of being more prone to distraction.

I don't know about anyone else but I think this is a great pairing. Their styles and skill sets are so similar, should one get hurt the offense won't miss a beat. And their running makes them both more vulnerable to getting banged up during 20 games with bigger and quicker defenses. Cleveland fans are in for a work ethics treat. Will Conner steal the show including the crown Mr. Football? Probably not. But we all know how hard Connor works, that he excels playing second fiddle, and it should be one heck of a show.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #15
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Clev had just inked VY andThigpen. Why then pick up two more running QBs? Though Conner could go the Hines Ward route.
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #16
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot8481 View Post
Clev had just inked VY andThigpen. Why then pick up two more running QBs? Though Conner could go the Hines Ward route.

Because you need some arms in camp to throw to all of the receivers that you have. When you cut 90 down to 75 and then to 53, you cut the camp arms too.

I hope you guys aren't thinking that Connor has a great shot to make the team, because his odds are very long. Not saying that he won't, but I wouldn't put money down. I think he has a better chance to make the practice squad and catch on somewhere if some qb's get hurt. There is a zero chance of Manziel getting cut this year.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #17
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Where is Weeden? Is he still on the Browns?

I've not heard of Manziel being a slacker, other than he liked to party. Which is much less offensive than drugging it up with mary jane and what have you.

I hate to say it, but the odds are not great for Shaw. He will get a shot, but Cleveland may not be his place. Maybe some other team will pick him up.
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #18
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

This is seriously the worst place Connor could have went. Behind a guy the browns drafted to be their franchise QB? Who has marketing power because Lebron James is already marketing the hell out of Johnny Manziel.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #19
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Weeden is in Dallas
Old 05-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #20
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Any chance the Browns try Connor out at WR? (Sorry - not familiar with their strength/depth at that position.)
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote