CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
COCKYTALKIN
Acockolypse Now
sporkgod50
Rooster'srule
b381l
thekob
StormOfTalons
Lonnie
75CarolinaFan
Elcid99 (2240)
PSU drops a prospect (1201)
Bad movies that are (662)
John Abraham DUI (534)
Mizzou WR suspended (519)
Best Offensive " (350)
Rokevious Watkins cu (315)
Re-Airing South Caro (261)
Travelle Warton reti (257)
I was there, when (222)
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Destiny Beta
The Believer
An Aggies View of the Mat
Green and Lammons
PSU drops a prospect beca
EVE Online
The Believer - Spurrier D
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Elcid99

Old 05-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #861
B-G
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft (May 8th-10th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Johnny Manziel = Stephen Garcia
Except better
Old 05-11-2014, 06:19 AM   #862
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Maybe off the field they are similar because of their appetite for alcohol and women, but on the field Manziel is a completely different and highly decorated QB. You know, that Heisman trophy thing. First round pick.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #863
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
You're obvious attempt at trolling on religion is played out and un-original.
I gave a quite serious 2 part explanation to a question. How come you didn't accuse the guy who asked the question of trolling, you damned jerk?

And it's "your" not "you're. "
Old 05-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #864
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
draft and draft stocks are a fickle thing. vic reportedly said that he was told he was a day 2 selection. kelcy was on mel kiper's top 32 players at one point this season and was a 2nd round prospect on a lot of boards after the season ended. in essence once everyone declares and they start scrutinizing the tape and your workouts/interviews that initial draft grade can be meaningless.
Totally true and I'm shaking my head at this.
I wonder if Quarles and Hampton Jr really thought they'd go in the first few rounds? They have any draft parties?
And there were a lot of no-bodies drafted that played at lower tier schools.

I think the biggest fallacy of those "projections" is they do not take into account all the "nobodies" out there that teams stumble upon that get thrown into the mix, as well as the players teams already have.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #865
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Except better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Maybe off the field they are similar because of their appetite for alcohol and women, but on the field Manziel is a completely different and highly decorated QB. You know, that Heisman trophy thing. First round pick.

No...What I mean is Connor Shaw has to show he is better than the guy expected to start.

Johnny Manziel = Stephen Garcia as far as Connor Shaw is concerned right now.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #866
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nah....not even close.
JM could...
= Russell Wilson
= Fran Tarkenton
= Brett Favre
= Mike Vick
= Alex Smith
= RGIII
Old 05-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #867
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Nah....not even close.
JM could...
= Russell Wilson
= Fran Tarkenton
= Brett Favre
= Mike Vick
= Alex Smith
= RGIII

No...What I mean is Connor Shaw has to show he is better than the guy expected to start.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #868
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nah....not even close.
JM could...
= Russell Wilson
= Fran Tarkenton
= Brett Favre
= Mike Vick
= Alex Smith
= RGIII
Or more likely he will equal
Vince Young
Ryan Leaf
Matt Leinhart
Brady Quinn
Brandon Wheadon
Tim Couch
Old 05-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #869
A. Pilgrim
4-Star

Male

A. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Vince Young
Ryan Leaf
Matt Leinhart
Brady Quinn
Brandon Wheadon
Tim Couch
I'm no JM fan

But what makes you say he will "more likely" equal one of those busts?
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #870
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
I'm no JM fan

First, the law of averages say it is more likely for a QB to be a bust than a success. Second, his style of game will not transition well to the NFL. He is not as good of a passer physically or mentally as a guy like RG III. Just look at how much RG III struggled last year when teams made him pass from the pocket. Manziel plays out of control and it will bite him. Also people ignore tha Manziel was surrounded by 3-5 first round picks on his offense, which had a lot to do with his success.

Time will tell but I figure Manziel will be a Vince Young type where they look good for a year or two but injuries and the D figuring them out will make Manziel a non story within 5-7 years.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #871
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:

Better than one of the 3 on the roster...he needs a place to develop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Vince Young
Ryan Leaf
Matt Leinhart
Brady Quinn
Brandon Wheadon
Tim Couch
But guys like Kapernick and Wilson shake some of that up...only Young out of that group compares to Manziel.

I think we'll know pretty quickly if Manziel is going to do something or not. See what happens when he lines up against all that superior speed and athleticism. Or if the Browns can invent some kind of offense that Manziel can be effective in.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #872
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
I'm no JM fan

Because he is an arrogant fool. He will step in something that stinks sooner or later, his attitude begs for it.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #873
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Better than one of the 3 on the roster...he needs a place to develop.
But guys like Kapernick and Wilson shake some of that up...only Young out of that group compares to Manziel.

I think we'll know pretty quickly if Manziel is going to do something or not. See what happens when he lines up against all that superior speed and athleticism. Or if the Browns can invent some kind of offense that Manziel can be effective in.
The OC is Kyle shannahan so it's likely they will run the pistol and many of the same things he did with RG III.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #874
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Because he is an arrogant fool. He will step in something that stinks sooner or later, his attitude begs for it.
His playing style will cause his downfall before his personality.

There are tons of arrogant football players like Johnny

Last edited by B-G; 05-11-2014 at 10:57 AM.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #875
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:

Maybe Shaw can take over once the dust has settled in a couple of years. Manziel will most likely have a huge $ sign on his back as far as the Browns front office is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded if he doesn't light it up soon.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #876
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Maybe Shaw can take over once the dust has settled in a couple of years. Manziel will most likely have a huge $ sign on his back as far as the Browns front office is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded if he doesn't light it up soon.
Yeah, as money hungry as Manziel is I am wondering if the Browns could even afford him for more than a few years after his initial non-negotiable contract.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Old 05-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #877
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

For the first time since 1937 the Texas Longhorns had ZERO players taken in the NFL Draft.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #878
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
For the first time since 1937 the Texas Longhorns had ZERO players taken in the NFL Draft.
Yeah I read that on ESPN earlier, and it is not surprising. They had a horrible team this year. No one stood out either.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #879
B-G
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Yeah I read that on ESPN earlier, and it is not surprising. They had a horrible team this year. No one stood out either.
Texas was a game away from winning the Big 12 this year. If they beat Baylor last game of the season they would have been going to the Fiesta Bowl.

It's very surprising as Texas is arguably one of the best programs in the nation, players stood out, they just came back for their senior year or were Underclassmen.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #880
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

And Mack Brown wonders why he was let go. Seriously there is no excuse for Texas not to win 10 games every single season. None.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote