CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetSwarm1990
kingofnerf
NinjaSven
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Sandstorm29
Gamecocks1137
MWard
robgusc76
Wilds & Carson B (2477)
Marquavius Lewis (2382)
So, why is next year (2257)
How Long Will The Re (1385)
Restaurant musts in (1053)
Why do so many of yo (964)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (802)
Shot in the arm for (794)
Custom Jersey (416)
5 Gourmet Foods That (277)
2015 Commitment - Dante S
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 Signee - Sherrod Pit
Further clarification on
Marquavius Lewis
Why do so many of you guy
The Vent and Coaching cha
Previewing Clemson
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 - Cedarius Rookard

Old 05-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
Kazak
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit
Default Cool read about Connor versus Manziel

I'm not a Manziel hater, but this nails our dream scenario for Connor's future with the Browns: http://www.fantasyfootballmetrics.co...roversy-begin/
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly
Default Re: Cool read about Connor versus Manziel

I can see all of the above happening. Very cool read
Old 05-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 1000001001
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Nice read
Old 05-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Exactly how I see it.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #5
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Cleveland Browns fans are for the most part, blue collar and will identify more with Shaw than with Manzel. Kinda reminds me of that "Replacements" movie.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #6
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Give that writer a pulitzer prize.

I hope he is right...and I like Johnny Manziel's brashness.

In my opinion, both QBs have true grit.

JM is such a small guy and he excels in a world of giants - all while egging them on and throwing up his money team fingers.

CS is all about his business. Tough as nails and has all the respect of his teammates and all the respect of the warriors he faces.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Give that writer a pulitzer prize.

I hope he is right...and I like Johnny Manziel's brashness.

In my opinion, both QBs have true grit.

JM is such a small guy and he excels in a world of giants - all while egging them on and throwing up his money team fingers.

CS is all about his business. Tough as nails and has all the respect of his teammates and all the respect of the warriors he faces.
If I were going to battle, and my life depended on it, I would take CS.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #8
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudly

Hopefully in training they'll see Connor is better . Hope Connor gets to start a few games this year and does great.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #9
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I am curious about it. I could see shaw getting a shot early while Gordon is suspended to protect Johnny Football
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #10
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Shaw should get a shot... That is all he can ask for
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #11
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
If I were going to battle, and my life depended on it, I would take CS.
I would take both.

The difference is that on the day of the battle, I know Connor Shaw would be there, early, and with all his gear. I would be nervous about Johnny Manziel right up until I see him cresting the hill, but once I see him, I know that it is go time. I would not even care if Johnny Manziel is a bit hungover with hickies and missing a boot. I know that guy will ride into battle fearlessly and be the second coming of General Nathan Bedford Forrest - part of what makes him legendary is his craziness and confidence, but he was also damned good at his profession. Connor Shaw is more the General Cullen Battle - worked his ass off and prepared like Batman.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #12
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200537793047022130
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

I thought some of you were tough on our fans. Please forgive me. Just read the Connor Shaw thread on the Browns fan forum. Apparently I've led a sheltered life. http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/ind...howtopic=29256
Old 05-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #13
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
I thought some of you were tough on our fans. Please forgive me. Just read the Connor Shaw thread on the Browns fan forum. Apparently I've led a sheltered life. http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/ind...howtopic=29256
I read that crap... Cleveland... or the "Mistake by the Lake" does not deserve Shaw. I wish he had signed elsewhere. The Browns really.. Didn't their last team slip out of town one night
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #14
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Browns fans are morons.

...but you all knew this.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #15
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Browns fans are morons.

...but you all knew this.
One of the many joys I have in life is asking my dad, who is from Pittsburgh and a Steelers fan, what he thinks about Cleveland. He never fails to deliver.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #16
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

I find that read crazy, funny!!! Fans of the Browns, the sorriest excuse of an NFL team, actually talking shit about football which they have seen very little good of in their lives.
& GO CONNOR!!!!!!
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #17
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Those guys are typical Brown fans idiots. When Manziel is out hurt and Shaw is making plays, they will all act like they knew from day 1 he'd be a stud.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #18
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
Cleveland Browns fans are for the most part, blue collar and will identify more with Shaw than with Manzel. Kinda reminds me of that "Replacements" movie.
I wouldn't go so far as that, the Browns sold 2300 season tickets the day after Manzel was drafted vs a normal 50. Connor just needs to be ready when his opportunity comes and it will come.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #19
1801Green
Blue Chip

Male

1801Green has developed his gaff and talons1801Green has developed his gaff and talons1801Green has developed his gaff and talons1801Green has developed his gaff and talons1801Green has developed his gaff and talons1801Green has developed his gaff and talons1801Green has developed his gaff and talons1801Green has developed his gaff and talons1801Green has developed his gaff and talons1801Green has developed his gaff and talons1801Green has developed his gaff and talons

Before we all lay down at Connor's feet, it's important to remember that Manziel was a better college QB, especially during his Heisman season. He screwed the pooch last year and that is what hurt his draft status. By rights, he still should have been the higher draft choice and Shaw will most certainly be behind him on the depth chart.

That said, Shaw has better grit, character, and possibly a game that is better suited than Manziel to the NFL. I can't wait to see Connor get a shot in the pre-season. I might become a Browns fan!
1801Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #20
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I find it hilarious that they think any Gamecock fan that praises Shaw is a 'homer' that never watched Manzel play. He's a gifted player, and one of the most creative QBs I've seen, but he's at his best when he's on the run. He will not last in the NFL playing like that. Shaw has more upside.