CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
sanford
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
cocksmith1or11
El Cid Ranger
b381l
rdwylie
Backup QB competitio (2549)
2014 Preseason USA T (1253)
Ranking the SEC Fema (760)
Anyone heard anythin (649)
Future Non-Conferenc (616)
Spurrier on the cove (400)
What Would You Do? (382)
Ranking the SEC scho (287)
Ranking the SEC Fema (222)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (212)
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
Backup QB competition
2015 - Albert Huggins
Anyone heard anything abo
Dustin Johnson taking a l
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Cheap jersey and very nic
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Elcid99
Shaq R.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #81
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Missouri GAME #3 Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Oregon losing 2 of 3 gotta help us.

ND went off on Clemson today...no KY
Yeah, Oregon is pretty much out of the running now for a national seed. La-La, UVA, Oregon State, Florida are locks. Cal-Poly is in great shape... Indiana is in good shape as well.. That leaves 2 spots open for a few teams... The Vandy/SC winner next weekend should be in good shape for a national seed.. Then, you have Miami, Washington, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State still in the running...

My Huskies go to Corvallis this upcoming weekend... The way the Beavers are playing, I expect us not to win more than 1 game there... I think if my Dawgs shock me, and win the series, they are probably going to get a national seed.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #82
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Pretty much standard protocol (at least afaik) in the bottom of the final/extra inning with a tie score and any trailing base open to intentionally walk the batter(s) to set up a force at any base, and to bring the infield in to get a better shot at the plate. The fifth infielder was a bit unusual, but still in line with the thinking of trying to get the runner heading home.
Pretty sure that's the exact same thing Texas A&M did at the College World series in 2011, including the 5th infielder.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:28 AM   #83
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I am pleased to have Schrock back.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #84
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

48 Wins=National Seed

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #85
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
48 Wins=National Seed
That would require beating The Citadel, sweeping Vandy, and winning 5 SEC Tourney games.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #86
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
48 Wins=National Seed

Doubt we would have to win that many.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #87
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
48 Wins=National Seed
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
That would require beating The Citadel, sweeping Vandy, and winning 5 SEC Tourney games.

If we can do all that, then yeah we will be a Nat'l seed.

Right now, we owe Citadel some payback.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #88
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Win the series in Nashville.... they should get a national seed.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #89
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

I think 45 wins secures a national seed and 2 must be against vandy. Gotta get 4 more somehow. Anything less than 45 is going to be a close call with the nod likely going elsewhere IMO

Last edited by rosstheboss; 05-13-2014 at 07:08 PM.
rosstheboss is offline   Reply With Quote