CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
FurmanCock
Cockhornleghorn
SanAntonioCock
rabid cock
JaxcockFL
GamecockUltimate
Lalli25
Morris to SMU (6926)
Venables to TAMU? (2685)
Clemson fans (1952)
Vegas line moving on (1893)
Phil Kronblut show (974)
Women's Soccer Elite (829)
End of the aTm / LSU (791)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (781)
Arkansas... (706)
Have we been favored (620)
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Morris to SMU
2014 Class AAAA Playoffs
Arkansas...
Clemson fans
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Phil Kronblut show
Venables to TAMU?
End of the aTm / LSU game
Texans getting frustrated

Old 05-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #121
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly
Default Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...pgrade-to-ps4/

Whoever was wondering about the difference in ps3 and ps4 version
Cockdiesel7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #122
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...pgrade-to-ps4/

Whoever was wondering about the difference in ps3 and ps4 version
Thanks, I will have to check it out when I get home.
usc_yogi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #123
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

The only differences in the game are graphical as expected. But with those better graphics come longer load times.

I also recommend everyone try out the dynamic difficulty for your RTTS character.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #124
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

I broke the single season hit record last night with my 2010 RTTS player. I am at 264 hits with about 10 games to go in the season.

I will admit that it is on Rookie level hitting, but it just makes me appreciate Ichiro's real life record. His 262 real life hits is a ridiculous accomplishment. I am sure it will be broken one day, but it will take a lot of skill and luck.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #125
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I broke the single season hit record last night with my 2010 RTTS player. I am at 264 hits with about 10 games to go in the season.

I will admit that it is on Rookie level hitting, but it just makes me appreciate Ichiro's real life record. His 262 real life hits is a ridiculous accomplishment. I am sure it will be broken one day, but it will take a lot of skill and luck.

Well if we are swing our video game dicks around here, I'd like to throw out that I have a 84 game hitting streak going on right now :)
Old 05-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #126
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
Well if we are swing our video game dicks around here, I'd like to throw out that I have a 84 game hitting streak going on right now :)
Swing away lol. That is impressive. Did the game do anything special when you broke Joe D's record? It showed a graphic when I tied the hit record on mine, but didn't mention anything when I broke the record the next game.

I got up to a 44 game streak this season and then ended it on an 0-5 game. The first two AB's I opted to try and get the runner in from third with 2 sacrifice flys instead of waiting on a good pitch to hit.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #127
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Jason Heyward can't hit for shit....he's the pop up king.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #128
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Quote:
Swing away lol. That is impressive. Did the game do anything special when you broke Joe D's record? It showed a graphic when I tied the hit record on mine, but didn't mention anything when I broke the record the next game.

I got up to a 44 game streak this season and then ended it on an 0-5 game. The first two AB's I opted to try and get the runner in from third with 2 sacrifice flys instead of waiting on a good pitch to hit.
Well I have the fast play broadcast on so I can get through games without a bunch of fluff in them so I didn't see anything. I did get stub bonus for every 5th game hitting streak on my way up (5, 10, 15, and such). I believe the bonus for breaking the record was only 2,000. For 2010, I'm almost 100% sure that it was 5k.

I'm hitting bombs left and right this year. I have over 20 steals (roughly 24) through 15 games and have 8 homers. I may break Henderson's steal record since I go for the steal every single time I'm on first and no one's on second. Hell I sometimes go for third if the catcher doesn't have a great arm. Not sure if I can reach the home run record. Teams are really avoiding the strike zone against me now and most of their mistakes over the plate are low so I have to use power swing on them. The hits record is not out of the question.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #129
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Without reading this whole thread can someone tell me if this game is worth buying for the casual baseball fan. I havent bought an mlb game in at least 6 years, but ive heard goo things about this one.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #130
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Without reading this whole thread can someone tell me if this game is worth buying for the casual baseball fan. I havent bought an mlb game in at least 6 years, but ive heard goo things about this one.
Yeah it's pretty good. I'd buy a used copy from GameStop that way if you don't like it, you can bring it back within a week and get a full refund.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #131
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Oh, lord yes. It is not without flaws, quirks, a couple of shortcomings, etc...but it is the best baseball game I've played since NCAA '06 (based off the MVP '05 engine).

It's very, very good...worth every bit of $450+ to me.

P.S.
Quick counts may be the greatest innovation in virtual baseball since the pitching meters started showing up in the late 90's.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:17 AM   #132
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Haven't tried quick counts. I have no intention of doing so either. Too softball leaguey for me.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #133
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Haven't tried quick counts. I have no intention of doing so either. Too softball leaguey for me.
I didn't think I'd like them either. Once I tried them, it's tough to go back...IMO, they add a level of strategy to the game and, at least for me, cause me to concentrate just a little more with each pitch (or swing).

Old 05-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #134
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

I am so tempted to buy a PS4 because of this game. How are y'all liking it so far?
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #135
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
I didn't think I'd like them either. Once I tried them, it's tough to go back...IMO, they add a level of strategy to the game and, at least for me, cause me to concentrate just a little more with each pitch (or swing).

Maybe if I were playing full games, but I'll stick to RTTS. I'm still pretty pissed about the gutted up Franchise mode (relatively speaking) and RTTS is pretty deep anyways.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #136
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Maybe if I were playing full games, but I'll stick to RTTS. I'm still pretty pissed about the gutted up Franchise mode (relatively speaking) and RTTS is pretty deep anyways.
oh, ok....yeah, i can see where it would be a negative in RTTS. i get that.

fwiw, i wound up starting my "franchise" over as just a single season...i wanted to play with the braves as the lineup currently sits. i may go back and do a franchise at some point, since you can carry it over to future "the show" releases.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #137
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

It seems that most people are enjoying this game. What are the cons y'all have found in this version besides the "gutted franchise mode" and the long load times?

I still haven't made a decision to either buy the PS3 version or go ahead and buy a PS4. My 40 gb PS3 fatty is still running smoothly so I may just get the PS3 version until there are more truly "next gen" games to come out that I want to play.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #138
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Quote:
It seems that most people are enjoying this game. What are the cons y'all have found in this version besides the "gutted franchise mode" and the long load times?

I still haven't made a decision to either buy the PS3 version or go ahead and buy a PS4. My 40 gb PS3 fatty is still running smoothly so I may just get the PS3 version until there are more truly "next gen" games to come out that I want to play.
I have a few minor complaints:

1. CPU baserunners seem to be much faster than they should be. I have 99 speed yet I seldom get a infield hit. These guys get at least 2-3 of them a game.

2. I can't stand when I am hauling ass down the first base line toward a base and when a first basemen decides to flip the ball to the pitcher to get me out, I'm already closer to the bag than the pitcher, going full speed and the pitcher gets there before me. So a guy who is maybe at best equal distance from the bag gets there before me when he is jogging and I am hauling ass with higher speed? Yeah okay.

3. I don't like the fact that my 99 overall attributes can decline after 30 or so days if I don't improve them. How the hell am I suppose to improve that trait? I remember on The Show 2010 they had a small little meter to help build you up between the overall numbers. Like let's say it cost 80 points to move yourself from 49 contact to 50 contact but you only had 46 attributes. You could put those attributes towards it and it would raise your minor blue meter even though you didn't fully raise that attribute level. However, if you acquired those 34 extra points, you could improve your rating to 50. I miss that.

Those are my complaints. At least my "major" ones.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #139
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

The ps4 version is the fastest selling in franchise history:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ory/#sf2948410

Old 05-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #140
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

Yogi...

I've been thinking about your question for the last little bit while I'm sitting here in car line waiting to pick up the kids...and honestly, I just don't have very many complaints about the game. Now, I haven't been playing RTTS as much, so I haven't encountered the problems listed above.

I'd say my only complaints are:

- load times. They're a bit ridiculous.

- the uber-lengthy foul ball battles you get into with the CPU sometimes. And really, it doesn't happen all that often.

- the commentary. It's 10x better than anything Madden has ever put forth, but it can't hold a candle to the last baseball game I played (2K).

But......that's about it. I haven't played online, so maybe that's another negative (I've heard horror stories about past versions online). I've played right around 40 season games and probably 10-12 RTTS's along with one player-lock game with JBJ (which was really cool, BTW), so I think I have a decent amount of time in the game to critique it.

IMO, if you've got the $$$ and are gonna upgrade to a PS4 at some point anyway, you should do it for this game. But I'm a crazy early adopter kind of guy anyway...lol.