CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
sanford
Regalcock
ReadR00ster
MWard
GarnetSwarm1990
WeStillOwnUSC
PvtWarlick
Spurticus
Cockypantherfan
DBjr
Sidney Rice Retiring (821)
watching the Alabama (691)
Da'Quan Bowers had a (545)
A good friend of min (454)
Dan Patrick Show - P (404)
ESPN Insider (341)
Phil Steele's Colleg (282)
Pictures of older Co (270)
A Clowney Spotting? (179)
Places to eat in Con (176)
Georgia Defensive returni
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Texags
watching the Alabama vs T
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Places to eat in Conway?
2015 - Johnny Frasier
2015 - Christian Pellage
Ace suspended 4 games
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas

Old 05-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #21
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Tim Settle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
List was posted on his twitter.

https://twitter.com/tim_settle/statu...755968/photo/1

Why is Tennessee his top school?

“They show the most love,” Settle said. “Also, whenever I visited, I just loved it up there. I had great time and it is my favorite visit I’ve taken so far And I have good relationship with the coaching staff – and it's all about recruiting.”

-scout

From our Rivals staff after he named us leader
If you guys win this year youll have a nice class, if you win less than 6 games the wheels are gonna come off.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #22
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
If you guys win this year youll have a nice class, if you win less than 6 games the wheels are gonna come off.
Agreed bowl is a must to keep positive momentum.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #23
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DL Tim Settle of Manassas, VA Thursday released his list of the top 15 schools remaining on his list. He did so in order of preference, and Clemson is sitting in the three hole behind Tennessee and Alabama. The rest of the 15 are Florida State, Texas, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Penn State, West Virginia, UCLA, North Carolina, NC State, LSU, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma.
Settle visited Clemson earlier this year for a junior day and plans to visit again soon.
‘”They are top notch,” he said of the Tigers. “They are graduating some seniors so there are some spots open. And they are great people. I enjoy talking with them.”
Clemson’s defensive coordinator Brent Venables has been by the school as has USC’s Deke Adams, but the Gamecocks didn’t make his short list that was reduced from more than 60 offers. Settle has taken 17 visits and some of the more recent were to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Tennessee and Ole Miss.
Settle plans to take all five of is official visits and right now is looking at the Under Armour Game as a possible commitment date.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...es-his-top-15/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #24
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

There have been a fair number of rumors surrounding Settle having a handler, especially now that he's being predicted to pick Clemson over Alabama and Tennessee.....yea that happens all the time.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:28 AM   #25
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

Quote:
List was posted on his twitter.

https://twitter.com/tim_settle/statu...755968/photo/1

Why is Tennessee his top school?

“They show the most love,” Settle said. “Also, whenever I visited, I just loved it up there. I had great time and it is my favorite visit I’ve taken so far And I have good relationship with the coaching staff – and it's all about recruiting.”

-scout

From our Rivals staff after he named us leader
$$$$$$$
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #26
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Agreed bowl is a must to keep positive momentum.
With that schedule...5-7 is a good season given the experience coming back
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #27
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
There have been a fair number of rumors surrounding Settle having a handler, especially now that he's being predicted to pick Clemson over Alabama and Tennessee.....yea that happens all the time.
I've heard of grade issues but not the handler.

Either way it looks like we've focused our DT recruiting on McKenzie, Jones and Tuttle.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #28
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DL Tim Settle of Manassas, VA is now favoring Clemson. He tweeted so Sunday night. “Clemson is my new #1,” Settle typed. Tennessee and Florida State have also been high up on his list.
Settle is close friends with Clemson commitment Chad Smith, a linebacker from Sterling,VA, and Smith has been in Settle’s ear about joining him at Clemson.
Settle plans to visit Clemson later this week. He also visited for a junior day in February and that visit put Clemson in a good place with him.
“It was an amazing visit,” Settle said then. “The atmosphere, the facilities, the stadium, it’s an up and coming program. Coach (Dan) Brooks is one of my favorite defensive line coaches.”
Clemson was one of many visits by Settle over the spring as he saw about 20 schools. He has said he plans to take all five of his official visits and he might save his commitment for the Under Armour Game.
USC also has recruited Settled and he has talked about visiting the Gamecocks but has not indicated he will follow thru on that.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...dt-tim-settle/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #29
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 has feathers coming inCarolinaSpur12 has feathers coming inCarolinaSpur12 has feathers coming in

Hope we get this guy.

CarolinaSpur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #30
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Lol
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote