CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
roosterdude21
Badazcock
4gamecockfb
Team Garcia
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (23719)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1905)
Simple "yes&quo (1404)
Phil Steele just pre (1105)
Garcia: Change the R (669)
TeMarcus Blanton (658)
Anybody just have th (371)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (315)
Where in Seattle (225)
Instrumental Music ( (213)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Defense question
We would be 7-1 with just
We actually didnt lose
what I think ab ward
Nick Marshall
I want people to explain
Extremely Proud
Eat Crow
Also, Tennessee found the

Old 05-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #141
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I hope they promote the shit out of this. Great news for gamers, Microsoft is willing to fight!

what blows my mind is people rooting for only one console to succeed. that's insane.

but...i've never been a fanboi...i suppose it seems perfectly normal for those people.

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #142
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I owned both last time, even though I never touched the PS3 outside of playing Uncharted and a little God of War. I'm sure I will have a PS4 at some point, but not until they drop some decent games...like XB1 has Titainfall.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #143
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Still waiting. Never liked Xbox and pay for everything concept...but I always wanted to play the Halo series, but I've never played an Xbox

Had PS, PS2, PS3 and one day I will have a PS4 but I play more PC than console and my thrice resoldered PS3 plays my blurays just fine...lol

if Xbox and Ps4 succeed it means they will have to stay inventive.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #144
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Never liked Xbox and pay for everything concept...

you mean pay to play online? or pay to use the apps (which is apparently going away)?

Old 05-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #145
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
you mean pay to play online? or pay to use the apps (which is apparently going away)?
The xbox online membership requirement...whats it called, Xbox live or something
Old 05-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #146
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
The xbox online membership requirement...whats it called, Xbox live or something

oh. yeah, xbox live. playstation has their own service now too...roughly the same price, if i'm not mistaken.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #147
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Well that's ****ing stupid
Old 05-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #148
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
lol. figured it might be (bad) news to ya. ;)

you could see the writing on the wall last gen...free play wasn't gonna fly on consoles anymore.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #149
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

and the Rise of the PC continues.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #150
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
and the Rise of the PC continues.

hahaha....."pc master race"

Old 05-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #151
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
10$ won't break the bank. It made XBox Live the premier gaming experience last generation, hence Sony following suit.

You can get anything for free on the PC, legally or illegally. I'm thinking about devoting some funds to a killer rig, just to play Arma 3.

The reason consoles will still beat PC's is because a decent gaming rig will run you over $2,000, a console is $400.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #152
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
10$ won't break the bank. It made XBox Live the premier gaming experience last generation, hence Sony following suit.

You can get anything for free on the PC, legally or illegally. I'm thinking about devoting some funds to a killer rig, just to play Arma 3.

The reason consoles will still beat PC's is because a decent gaming rig will run you over $2,000, a console is $400.
You can build your own gaming PC that will be able to run every game out there for around $1,000.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #153
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

There's nothing wrong with gaming on a PC...lot of reasons people choose consoles though.

Debating one over the other is kinda pointless, IMO...advantages/disadvantages to each.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Old 05-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #154
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

If Microsoft had offer this from the start I probably would not have switched over to Sony/PS4 .. I don't regret the switch as I absolutely love my PS4 but it would've made the decision Sheldon Cooper-esque.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #155
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

i haven't upgraded yet, have a PS3 and never had an XBox 360, so there's a point I'm unclear on. With Xbox Live and/or PS4's monthly online fee, is that something you have to get to be able to connect to any/all online services? Or is it just for online play?

If it's a fee for everything, that's extremely annoying. I never play online. But I do want to be able to use this machine that's touting itself as my media center to be able to run a Netflix app or any other online video service without charging me. After all, I could just as easily plug in a PC to my TV to run those same apps without paying that surcharge. Or I could buy a smart TV that lets me run those apps.

I'll probably be buying one of these 2 systems within the next 6 months, so I'd appreciate input from anybody that knows the answer to this question.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #156
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Quote:

My gaming rig is FAR beyond "decent" and I spent about $1000 on it. I built it myself.

dual 24" widescreen monitors and eyefinity Radeon 9950s are where alot of the cost came in...but I gotta see the pixels.

I cna play anygame on ultra graphics with room left over.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #157
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
i haven't upgraded yet, have a PS3 and never had an XBox 360, so there's a point I'm unclear on. With Xbox Live and/or PS4's monthly online fee, is that something you have to get to be able to connect to any/all online services? Or is it just for online play?

If it's a fee for everything, that's extremely annoying. I never play online. But I do want to be able to use this machine that's touting itself as my media center to be able to run a Netflix app or any other online video service without charging me. After all, I could just as easily plug in a PC to my TV to run those same apps without paying that surcharge. Or I could buy a smart TV that lets me run those apps.

I'll probably be buying one of these 2 systems within the next 6 months, so I'd appreciate input from anybody that knows the answer to this question.

i don't believe any of the apps are going to be behind the paywall on either system.

if you're going the media-center route, you may wanna give the x1 a longer look than the ps4. of course, without the kinect, you're gonna be losing some really cool features....if that's the way you're going.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #158
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6419590/

Quote:
Update: It's official! "Coming in June, anyone with an Xbox will be able to access popular entertainment experiences," says Microsoft, "whether or not you have an Xbox Live Gold membership."

All Microsoft apps, like Skype, OneDrive, and OneGuide, will also be available to all Xbox Live subscribers, as well as Upload Studio on Xbox One.
They're also going to sell the Xb1 without the kinect for $100 cheaper.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #159
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

Quote:

You can pay the fee all at once per year. The fact that they give you a free game every month really makes the price seem like nothing.

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #160
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus View Post
You can pay the fee all at once per year. The fact that they give you a free game every month really makes the price seem like nothing.

assume you're talking about PSN....agreed....the free games haven't been that great to date, but they're free. hell, when i first turned on my ps4, i had 5 or 6 free games waiting on me. that's a definite plus.

x1 is supposed to be getting a system in place like that, but so far they have not.